Moparts

Pro-Parts headers on a low deck?

Posted By: 1swingin

Pro-Parts headers on a low deck? - 01/20/10 10:16 PM

Iam building another bigblock dart. I picked up a set of nice pro parts headers here on the board. I was gonna build a 440 at first but ive decided on a low deck. Will these headers work on a lowdeck engine with stock style heads? I dont mind a little modification but i dont want to destroy a really nice set of headers! Its a 69 dart,auto,manual stearing. Ive heard of people doing it but i want to be sure before i start cutting! Thanks guys
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Pro-Parts headers on a low deck? - 01/20/10 10:39 PM

Quote:

Iam building another bigblock dart. I picked up a set of nice pro parts headers here on the board. I was gonna build a 440 at first but ive decided on a low deck. Will these headers work on a lowdeck engine with stock style heads? I dont mind a little modification but i dont want to destroy a really nice set of headers! Its a 69 dart,auto,manual stearing. Ive heard of people doing it but i want to be sure before i start cutting! Thanks guys

I bought a set of Pro Parts to put on my 1969 Dart GTS 383 motor, they don't fit well at all, don't do it unless you can raise the low deck up and plan on using spacers between the heads and the header flanges to make them work
Posted By: 1swingin

Re: Pro-Parts headers on a low deck? - 01/20/10 11:04 PM

I dont wanna do that. Thanks man. Anybody wanna buy a set of pro parts headers?!! Thanks again
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: Pro-Parts headers on a low deck? - 01/20/10 11:10 PM

I run the same set of Pro Parts tubes on both a 383 and 440 in my Demon.Starter gets tight with the low deck,the 440 it will fall out.
Posted By: Scamp451

Re: Pro-Parts headers on a low deck? - 01/20/10 11:54 PM

When I had the low deck in the Scamp, had to "massage" a tube to clear the torsion bar on the passenger side. With the 440, they fit lke a charm. Pics are kinda crappy, but you can see that I didn't have to flatten it much. These were 2" tubes, so 1-7/8" might clear but every car is different.

Attached picture 5748717-DSCN3606.JPG
Posted By: Scamp451

Re: Pro-Parts headers on a low deck? - 01/20/10 11:55 PM

Another shot

Attached picture 5748720-DSCN3607.JPG
Posted By: Butch

Re: Pro-Parts headers on a low deck? - 01/21/10 01:25 AM

Mad Dogs......check them out

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...&PHPSESSID=
Posted By: 383duster

Re: Pro-Parts headers on a low deck? - 01/21/10 02:46 AM

as far as i know the pro parts headers are the same as the TTI headers, i got 2" TTI's on my low deck A-body and had no problems with the fit, i bought my TTI's about 6 years ago
Posted By: 10sec440

Re: Pro-Parts headers on a low deck? - 01/21/10 02:49 AM

Pro parts headers are waaaay different than TTI headers.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Pro-Parts headers on a low deck? - 01/21/10 03:44 AM

I've used 2" TTI, Maddog, and Proparts on a-body's. I'm currently running Proparts on my 69 Dart.
Posted By: MAXEDWEDGE

Re: Pro-Parts headers on a low deck? - 01/22/10 05:45 PM

IM INTERESTED CALL ME 631-827-2600 I LIVE ON LONG ISLAND
Posted By: T748

Re: Pro-Parts headers on a low deck? - 01/22/10 06:15 PM

Quote:

as far as i know the pro parts headers are the same as the TTI headers, i got 2" TTI's on my low deck A-body and had no problems with the fit, i bought my TTI's about 6 years ago

Here are two shots that show some of the difference between the two headers. Proparts are semi-fenderwell that come apart in sections and the TTI headers are one peice.-Tom

Posted By: Streetwize

Re: Pro-Parts headers on a low deck? - 01/22/10 06:25 PM

Had a 451 low deck w ported 452's in a 73 duster, fit was pretty good tight to the T-bar on the Pass side and the collectors got really close to the tranny pan and made it real tough to get to the detent shaft onthe trans....as i recall I wound up cutting a removable plate inthe floor just to get to the Trans detent shaft.

Imy motor was put in with elephant ears and was set back pretty far (credit card tight to the firewall) your fitment may vary.
© 2024 Moparts Forums