Moparts

Flowbenches, NW Oregon and SW Washington

Posted By: @#$%&*!

Flowbenches, NW Oregon and SW Washington - 01/17/10 07:05 PM

So, who has a flowbench I can test a head on? Where did you get your heads flowed? Cost? I'd like to try it with and without the intake manifold.
Thanks
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: Flowbenches, NW Oregon and SW Washington - 01/17/10 07:28 PM

Quote:

So, who has a flowbench I can test a head on? Where did you get your heads flowed? Cost? I'd like to try it with and without the intake manifold.
Thanks

Is Archie Summers still around? Also, Richard Tabor should know (Tabors Automotive in Vancouver), or there are several nascar guys around.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Flowbenches, NW Oregon and SW Washington - 01/18/10 12:07 AM

Archie somers,360-699-5205, 12510 NE Laurin RD. Vancouver, WA. AndyF may know some ther shops with benches, hopefully he will chime in if he does
Posted By: sg66mopar

Re: Flowbenches, NW Oregon and SW Washington - 01/18/10 12:11 AM

So Cory, you said a the team race you might take this year off. Has that plan changed?
Posted By: sg66mopar

Re: Flowbenches, NW Oregon and SW Washington - 01/18/10 12:15 AM

BTW, Guy Mitchell tells me Larson & King has a flow bench and dyno and they know their stuff. Never had any personal experience with them but I respect what Guy says. Mine'll probably go there when it's back together.

Re: Flowbenches, NW Oregon and SW Washington - 01/18/10 01:19 AM

Quote:

BTW, Guy Mitchell tells me Larson & King has a flow bench and dyno ...

That's 3, keep them coming and maybe I'll call them all next week and post thier prices, lol.
L&K aka/dba Portland Engine Rebuilders freshened up my heads after the 451 grenaded and bent 3 valves. They also did my stock rods (peen/polish/bolts/balance) for that 451 back when aftermarket rods were $1200/set. I really can't imagine why a set of aftermarket rods would cost 2x what a set of piston did.

Re: Flowbenches, NW Oregon and SW Washington - 01/18/10 01:28 AM

Quote:

Is Archie Summers still around? Also, Richard Tabor should know

Archie is just off 503 north of Orchards. He did the machine work and inspection on the 499B in the Barracuda. I will call him but I know he won't be the cheapest around. I already have a quote from Tabor's. I visited them with a friend who wanted to show me all the race parts he has at their shop. He's building 2 smallblocks with aftermarket heads, at least one Indy's.

Thanks Tom.

PS, did I sell you a stickshift Duster once? Did you come over to north PDX with an enclosed trailer to tow it home?

Re: Flowbenches, NW Oregon and SW Washington - 01/18/10 01:42 AM

Quote:

So Cory, you said a the team race you might take this year off. Has that plan changed?

HIJACK! Just kidding.
This is a different project than the Barracuda, which has been sitting since the Bracket Finals ended. I did pull the slicks and put them in storage since they were new. To say I'd make the team would be to say that I plan to race for points seriously and I'm not ready to say that. Since the Finals are going to be a long trip away I might be able to weasel my way onto an incomplete team but I wouldn't count on it. The engine in the Barracuda needs an inspection and at least new rings, but that doesn't take long. I'd like to upgrade the intake valves from 2.14 to 2.19 or bigger while it's apart and I did pick up an 1150 Holley on ebay for $222. All that should be worth a tenth, or maybe not. There's just a lot to do before racing starts in March.
Cory
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: Flowbenches, NW Oregon and SW Washington - 01/18/10 02:33 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Is Archie Summers still around? Also, Richard Tabor should know

Archie is just off 503 north of Orchards. He did the machine work and inspection on the 499B in the Barracuda. I will call him but I know he won't be the cheapest around. I already have a quote from Tabor's. I visited them with a friend who wanted to show me all the race parts he has at their shop. He's building 2 smallblocks with aftermarket heads, at least one Indy's.

Thanks Tom.

PS, did I sell you a stickshift Duster once? Did you come over to north PDX with an enclosed trailer to tow it home?

No, I'm a dragster guy now. I had a dart, duster, roadrunner, but now I race a dragster and did when I lived there. Richard is top notch in my book. He's one of the few people that stands behind his work and has alot of fast motors out there.

Attached picture 5742458-dragster2(640x480).jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums