Moparts

What build would make the most RELIABLE 1000hp SB?

Posted By: jcc

What build would make the most RELIABLE 1000hp SB? - 01/11/10 04:01 AM

Say cost is no object, what would be a 1000HP build that would give the most RELIABLE SB motor, w/EFI, no NOS, streetable, non drag, Pump gas or E-85, ease to sort out, and lighter being better. Reliable being the most important criteria.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: What build would make the most RELIABLE 1000hp SB? - 01/11/10 04:07 AM

R5 P7 with a turbo, intercooled and EFI with E85
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: What build would make the most RELIABLE 1000hp SB? - 01/11/10 04:08 AM

Give either Scott Koffel or RyanJ a call Shadydell.. Actually, get ahold of MLaboda. He has a very nice Ray Barton Pro Stock truck engine for sale. All fresh from RyanJ. Should be near that 1k.. Very nice engine.
Details:
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3420666#post3420666

Attached File
5726949-untitled.bmp  (236 downloads)
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 01/11/10 04:08 AM

Posted By: Dos Snails

Re: What build would make the most RELIABLE 1000hp SB? - 01/11/10 04:44 AM

you already know the answer, Turbo!
Posted By: topfueldart

Re: What build would make the most RELIABLE 1000hp SB? - 01/11/10 06:02 AM

Turbo, and or Turbo/s!!!
Posted By: dodgeboy11

Re: What build would make the most RELIABLE 1000hp SB? - 01/11/10 06:36 AM

Just in case anybody didn't already mention it, I'd say go turbos...
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: What build would make the most RELIABLE 1000hp SB? - 01/11/10 10:50 AM

Number 1 thing would be a after market block with
siamese cylinders, nice alum heads, forged or billet
crank, H-beam rods, roller cam, EFI then your choice
of turbo/turbos.... JMO
Posted By: jcc

Re: What build would make the most RELIABLE 1000hp SB? - 01/11/10 01:56 PM

Quote:

Number 1 thing would be a after market block with
siamese cylinders, nice alum heads, forged or billet
crank, H-beam rods, roller cam, EFI then your choice
of turbo/turbos.... JMO

Now that's what I looking for, current build is already a Tall Alum 360 Alum mopar Block, which forces a dry sump, W-8 ported heads, then what are the most reliable endurance valves for turbo builds, max bore up to 4.180", need to decide stroke/cubes (low end is not critical, throttle response is more so), forged crank or is billet better/needed choice, I would rather limit rpms to keep reliability, rod size 2.1,2.0,1.88?, Ti rods are a consideration, roller is a definite, turbo is of course most obvious choice, but single vs dual turbos, intercooler just makes sense, but thought just maybe a Procharger type set-up might be more reliable to set-up and maintain for someone like me that knows just enough to get in trouble. As tough as it might be to finally put this package together, I am not in a position to be able to afford scattering it, hence reliability is of key importatnce in the chase for 1000 hp.
Posted By: BobR

Re: What build would make the most RELIABLE 1000hp SB? - 01/11/10 01:59 PM

I'd go with a Procharger.

Re: What build would make the most RELIABLE 1000hp SB? - 01/11/10 02:10 PM

Now that's what I looking for, current build is already a Tall Alum 360 Alum mopar Block, which forces a dry sump, W-8 ported heads, then what are the most reliable endurance valves for turbo builds, max bore up to 4.180", need to decide stroke/cubes (low end is not critical, throttle response is more so), forged crank or is billet better/needed choice, I would rather limit rpms to keep reliability, rod size 2.1,2.0,1.88?, Ti rods are a consideration, roller is a definite, turbo is of course most obvious choice, but single vs dual turbos, intercooler just makes sense, but thought just maybe a Procharger type set-up might be more reliable to set-up and maintain for someone like me that knows just enough to get in trouble. As tough as it might be to finally put this package together, I am not in a position to be able to afford scattering it, hence reliability is of key importatnce in the chase for 1000 hp.

I wouldnt go the Procharger route it uses HP to make
HP where the turbo is basically free... valves...
a good stainless valve is plenty... no need for a
Ti rod... your not spinning it hard.... a chevy rod
size is fine.
It sounds like you would need to get the turbo setup
tuned for you but there are plenty of shops that can
put it on a dyno and take care of that for you
Posted By: emarine01

Re: What build would make the most RELIABLE 1000hp SB? - 01/11/10 02:26 PM

Quote:

size is fine.

Free....

Re: What build would make the most RELIABLE 1000hp SB? - 01/11/10 02:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

size is fine.

Free....

Notice that word "basically"
Posted By: emarine01

Re: What build would make the most RELIABLE 1000hp SB? - 01/11/10 02:39 PM

Got ya , Hey I was only thinkin

Re: What build would make the most RELIABLE 1000hp SB? - 01/11/10 02:45 PM

Quote:

Got ya , Hey I was only thinkin

LOL... thinkin a good thing
Posted By: DJVCuda

Re: What build would make the most RELIABLE 1000hp SB? - 01/11/10 03:10 PM

Your looking for Mike Zacardi's Duster - built by SDCE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk0FAlRznic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahMgOG4Bpcw

He had a prochager and just went to a twin turbo setup - both F/I
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 01/11/10 03:13 PM

Posted By: TheOtherDodge

Re: What build would make the most RELIABLE 1000hp SB? - 01/12/10 04:20 AM

Im fixing to turbo my SB and the turbo set up Im getting will support 900-1000 hp. Course, my stock block won't handle that so I am shooting for 650 hp for now. This is with blow through, pump gas, Eddy heads, .224 duration hydrualic roller, Air to Air intercooler and I believe a 68 mm turbo.

My primary concern to the turbo builder was to make sure it is 100% streetable. He even told me to gear down to 3.54 with the 30" tires!
Posted By: Mike Swann

Re: What build would make the most RELIABLE 1000hp SB? - 01/12/10 02:19 PM

Buy a clean, used W8 or P5 comp eliminator motor and put a longer arm in it.
Posted By: Bakaruda432

Re: What build would make the most RELIABLE 1000hp SB? - 01/12/10 03:35 PM

All things equal R-3 Block .060 over 340 bore 3.58 crank single plane intake 850 carb does the Turbo option always trump the Procharger?
Posted By: jax 70 cuda

Re: What build would make the most RELIABLE 1000hp SB? - 01/12/10 11:23 PM

Procharger!! A good friend has a 68' Camaro with a 337" small block. It makes right at 1000hp runs on pump gas and cruises all over town every weekend. When he takes it to the strip he turns up the boost dumps in race gas and clicks off 8.60s in the quarter!!
Posted By: Leon441

Re: What build would make the most RELIABLE 1000hp SB? - 01/13/10 12:33 AM

Reliable Streetable. That rules out most any comp. engine.

Ole NASCAR engines. You can't get much more reliable than an engine that can run 500 miles at high RPM.

PUMP GAS

Swap out the pistons and put any kinda forced induction and 1,000 HP will seem like a joke.

Oh you said money was no object!

Then buy the best turbo, fuel injection, and boost management money can buy.
© 2024 Moparts Forums