Moparts

No spreadbore edelbrock performer rpm for mopars???

Posted By: HerboldRacing

No spreadbore edelbrock performer rpm for mopars??? - 01/03/10 06:25 PM

I looked - and it doesn't seem like Eddy makes a spread bore performer rpm for our cars! Why is that? Is my only choice the Weiand 8007 if I want a spread bore dual plane intake manifold on my small block mopar?

Re: No spreadbore edelbrock performer rpm for mopars??? - 01/03/10 06:29 PM

Quote:

I looked - and it doesn't seem like Eddy makes a spread bore performer rpm for our cars! Why is that? Is my only choice the Weiand 8007 if I want a spread bore dual plane intake manifold on my small block mopar?

Addenum: I know there is a non-rpm performer that takes a spread bore carb - but I want something that gives me the level of performance of the peformer rpm and supports a spread bore carb...
Posted By: dOc …

Re: No spreadbore edelbrock performer rpm for mopars??? - 01/03/10 07:06 PM

How about the Holley Strip Dominator ?
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: No spreadbore edelbrock performer rpm for mopars??? - 01/03/10 07:06 PM

It seems to me that the SB Eddy Performer RPM air gap is cut for the spread bore It has been awhile since I used one so All of the BB Mopar Performer RPM intakes that I have used are cut for the spread bore carbs. also
Posted By: AndyF

Re: No spreadbore edelbrock performer rpm for mopars??? - 01/03/10 07:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Addenum: I know there is a non-rpm performer that takes a spread bore carb - but I want something that gives me the level of performance of the peformer rpm and supports a spread bore carb...

Well what are you going to do when you want something that doesn't exist?
Posted By: dodgeboy11

Re: No spreadbore edelbrock performer rpm for mopars??? - 01/03/10 08:04 PM

I'd say use a spacer/adapter if room allows.
Posted By: forphorty

Re: No spreadbore edelbrock performer rpm for mopars??? - 01/03/10 09:06 PM

The old LD4B and LD340 had enough meat at the carb flange to make it a spreadbore . Maybe the RPM does too.
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: No spreadbore edelbrock performer rpm for mopars??? - 01/04/10 02:18 AM

holley street dominator and the holley strip dominator are spredbore intakes

large and small ports/runners with sigle plane plenum

LD4B and LD340 are square bore intakes that can be modded to spredbore with duel plane plenum

large and small ports/runner also

LD340 is on par with the performer rpm airgap intake

LD series is old skool but very hard to beat,IMHO
Posted By: patrick

Re: No spreadbore edelbrock performer rpm for mopars??? - 01/04/10 01:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

RPM & air gap don't have enough meat in the flanges....

an M1 single plane is a square/spread capable intake.
Posted By: RyanJ

Re: No spreadbore edelbrock performer rpm for mopars??? - 01/04/10 01:41 PM

Put an adapter on it, or put a Holley on it like it should have
Posted By: CokeBottleKid

Re: No spreadbore edelbrock performer rpm for mopars??? - 01/04/10 01:44 PM

Quote:

Put an adapter on it, or put a Holley on it like it should have

Posted By: Lil Demon

Re: No spreadbore edelbrock performer rpm for mopars??? - 01/04/10 06:57 PM

Hey Marvin - my Creech racing email was not working - canyou check it and send me a pm?

thanks,

Bill

Re: No spreadbore edelbrock performer rpm for mopars??? - 01/06/10 12:10 AM

Wow I totally forgot about this thread and started another similar one here... LOL!!!

@Bill - I will get in touch with you. I sent you an email a few months ago but never got a response.

Re: No spreadbore edelbrock performer rpm for mopars??? - 01/06/10 12:16 AM

@RyanJ, Coke, etc: I want a dual plane spread bore because the motor is going in a street car and I want fuel mileage to be decent... its a daily driver. :-)

@Everybody: Does anyone have a LD340 for sale? It sounds like this intake is the way to go.
Posted By: RyanJ

Re: No spreadbore edelbrock performer rpm for mopars??? - 01/06/10 12:27 AM

How about an Edelbrock carb? They get great mileage... One of their new AVS carbs would be my choice, although one of the smaller AFB's would be alright as well... Got your check today BTW.

Re: No spreadbore edelbrock performer rpm for mopars??? - 01/06/10 12:30 AM

@Ryan - I'm getting a nicely rebuilt Quadrajet for cheap, that's why. Good - you got the check. Still waiting for your parts... :-)
© 2024 Moparts Forums