Moparts

does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda

Posted By: Anonymous

does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/29/09 02:28 AM

is still for sale?
did it sell, looking for a AH car for sale now.
saw old wendell howes AH for sale but looking to see whats out there.
anyone have any information out there. appreciated.

Post deleted by Defbob - 12/29/09 02:54 AM

Posted By: BryanRad

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/29/09 03:11 AM

It was on racing junk for a while, I havent seen it reposted for a while.

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/29/09 03:22 AM

A broker has/had it. Along with the other 68' AH car, the 68'camaro and the vette and neon. They want $225,000 for the real car and that was without engine/trans. It is a highly detailed car chrome everywhere.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/29/09 04:05 AM

Posted By: b1headman

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/29/09 05:13 AM

Last i knew it was part of elite motorsports invintory.

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/29/09 06:44 AM

Quote:

Last i knew it was part of elite motorsports invintory.

Yea, that was the name of the broker. They got all of the Smith's cars, parts and haulers when the Goverment got them. A real shame things ended up the way they did I have been racing with Eddie since 76'. Always was a heck of a nice guy to be around. He always had top notch cars.
Posted By: mr2performance

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/29/09 12:38 PM

Warford's Supercuda is for sale, 100k with wescott motor, protrans, everything. An absolute steal.

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/30/09 12:00 AM

Quote:

Warford's Supercuda is for sale, 100k with wescott motor, protrans, everything. An absolute steal.

who owns the car?>
anyone have a picture of what it looks like?
i'm intrigued and a serious buyer.
Posted By: SSAAHemiFan

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/30/09 12:09 AM

I'm a nobody with nothing to gain in this deal but I gotta say ... That is a killer deal for the SuperCuda

Picture is from dragracingonline.com

Attached picture 5696634-CH_RandyWarford.jpg
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/30/09 12:10 AM

Thats a KILLER steal at that price.

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/30/09 12:11 AM

Quote:

I'm a nobody with nothing to gain in this deal but I gotta say ... That is a killer deal for the SuperCuda

Thanks for the picture!
what et does the car turn?
does wescott do all the wrenching on it as well for maintenence?

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/30/09 02:32 AM

It's been 8.50's at 155 in legal trim

Post deleted by Defbob - 12/30/09 03:17 AM

Posted By: max_maniac

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/30/09 11:55 AM

Quote:

Why SS/AH is your goal to become cannon fodder in a higher class than NSS

Russ

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/30/09 12:48 PM

Quote:

Posted By: Troublemaker427

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/30/09 01:22 PM

Quote:

Why SS/AH is your goal to become cannon fodder in a higher class than NSS [/quote

LOL...
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/30/09 01:48 PM

Class racing is like chasing your tail,SS/AH racing to a newbie on a budget is like mimiture poodole chasing the tail on Bull Mastif.
Posted By: BobR

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/30/09 02:06 PM

Quote:

Class racing is like chasing your tail,SS/AH racing to a newbie on a budget is like mimiture poodole chasing the tail on Bull Mastif.

That's a terrific analogy.
Posted By: Frito

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/30/09 02:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for the picture!
what et does the car turn?
does wescott do all the wrenching on it as well for maintenence?

Reason to buy the Super Cuda,

You know where to find it,
You know the phone number,
Westcott Engine,
Pro Trans,
Mr2 Performance built,
Blown71GTX wiring???
Chassis up to specs,
Great Price,
Mels a good guy,
Randys a good guy,
OR< you can buy is 2nd Drag Pac Challenger, (not built), #20.

Photo by Frito, Indy 2009

Attached picture 5697685-Randy2.jpg
Posted By: cgall

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/30/09 02:42 PM

You do not have to run heads-up with Barton or Wescott to win in SS. Look at Tueton and Hess last year, both did well in SS Eliminator running 8.80's. The ability to dial the car and drive the track at both ends is far more important.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/30/09 03:08 PM

Quote:

You do not have to run heads-up with Barton or Wescott to win in SS. Look at Tueton and Hess last year, both did well in SS Eliminator running 8.80's. The ability to dial the car and drive the track at both ends is far more important.

Unless you line up against another AH car it is just a bracket car in a bracket race. Warford's car is a steal for the price adn IMO Wendel's car is also a good deal just a little older racecar.
Posted By: sixpackbee

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/30/09 03:15 PM

Quote:

Here we go again. Although I will agree that to race class on a budget is nuts but AH on a budget is double nuts.

Post deleted by Defbob - 12/30/09 03:23 PM

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/30/09 03:31 PM

IMO there are not enough AH cars out there to worry about having to run one heads up at a divisional or national event race. Personally I woudl nto let that fact get in the way if that was what I wanted to do. Look at the other stock and super stock classes. Plenty of cars out there that win that are just under the index. With the new .3 reduction on ALL indexes and added weight to many others in Stock and SS it just made a lot of cars a lot slower, but it is across the board. All in an effort to let the new cars run hard.

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/30/09 04:41 PM

Quote:

IMO there are not enough AH cars out there to worry about having to run one heads up at a divisional or national event race. Personally I woudl nto let that fact get in the way if that was what I wanted to do. Look at the other stock and super stock classes. Plenty of cars out there that win that are just under the index. With the new .3 reduction on ALL indexes and added weight to many others in Stock and SS it just made a lot of cars a lot slower, but it is across the board. All in an effort to let the new cars run hard.

Last count there was over 46 SS/AH cars running NHRA events and more on the way.

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/30/09 06:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Last count there was over 46 SS/AH cars running NHRA events and more on the way.

There are a lot cheaper ways to run NHRA super stock than with these cars. Many, if not most, care little about anything other than going fast and winning class at the national events. It's strictly a rich man's class. That's why I'm kind of surprised Al doesn't jump on this deal.
Posted By: mbogina

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/30/09 07:11 PM

I see an awful lot of comments on this thread disparaging Super Stock Class Racing by people that Don't race in Super Stock Class. Money is really only number three on my list of "what it takes to compete in Super Stock Class Racing", the most important ingredient is desire, the second is determination. I have seen many SS trophies won by the slower of a particular pair of cars. If you have the desire, determination and enough $$, go for it.

At Indy a couple years back, my car wasn't running well and Dan Fletcher had me covered by over .25 seconds. In the SS/EA class final, he redlit to me.

Warford's car is a quality piece, fast enough to win, and a bargain for the money.

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/30/09 08:51 PM

Quote:

I see an awful lot of comments on this thread disparaging Super Stock Class Racing by people that Don't race in Super Stock Class. Money is really only number three on my list of "what it takes to compete in Super Stock Class Racing", the most important ingredient is desire, the second is determination. I have seen many SS trophies won by the slower of a particular pair of cars. If you have the desire, determination and enough $$, go for it.

At Indy a couple years back, my car wasn't running well and Dan Fletcher had me covered by over .25 seconds. In the SS/EA class final, he redlit to me.

Warford's car is a quality piece, fast enough to win, and a bargain for the money.

I hope that it wasn't anything that I said. I didn't mean to slight anyone. What I meant was to run in SS with a SS/AH car is expensive and there are cheaper alternatives(like a 340 in SS/IA) that are as capable of winning the eliminator for that class. Most of the guys who run the hemis do it because they enjoy the elite status this car brings.

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/30/09 09:10 PM

Quote:

so BG explain this statement to me regarding newbie on a budget in regards to ss/ah racing, who are you refering this to?

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/30/09 10:35 PM

It takes DEEP POCKETS to run AH. Some of the guys spend as much as a a pro stock racers do. You also better be ready to do a lot of wrenching.

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/30/09 10:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

so BG explain this statement to me regarding newbie on a budget in regards to ss/ah racing, who are you refering this to?

General statement:Would never call you a Newbie on a budget,that would be a mis-statement Where's the love?I.am not feeling any.

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/30/09 11:58 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

General statement:Would never call you a Newbie on a budget,that would be a mis-statement Where's the love?I.am not feeling any.

as long as we got that straight.

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/31/09 02:14 AM

Quote:

WOW Someone actually gets it SSR has had the desire for quite some time ,he could pull the trigger at any time to buy one .Just has to sell a car to make room.He never said there was a budget and never said he was going to every race.If he decides to try it,it would be a max effort to make a good showing.I will be in charge of tire pressure

Attached picture 5699126-IMG_1176.JPG
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/31/09 02:19 AM

Quote:

Quote:

WOW Someone actually gets it SSR has had the desire for quite some time ,he could pull the trigger at any time to buy one .Just has to sell a car to make room.He never said there was a budget and never said he was going to every race.If he decides to try it,it would be a max effort to make a good showing.I will be in charge of tire pressure and fart sniffing

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/31/09 02:21 AM

Quote:

Or he could run in an exibitionist class making SOLO passes playin' withizelf.No threat of competition in da utter lane

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/31/09 02:55 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

WOW Someone actually gets it SSR has had the desire for quite some time ,he could pull the trigger at any time to buy one .Just has to sell a car to make room.He never said there was a budget and never said he was going to every race.If he decides to try it,it would be a max effort to make a good showing.I will be in charge of tire pressure and fart sniffing

TONY,please let everyone know whats funny?
I'm curious
Posted By: TS3303

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/31/09 03:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I will be in charge of tire pressure and fart sniffing

I'm curious

That would be the creative second grade editing of the last sentence......
Posted By: proshiftcharger

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/31/09 03:01 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Im here for ya Bob....

Attached picture 5699268-bobgeorge.jpg
Posted By: Dago Red

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/31/09 04:04 AM

Quote:

'Tis better to have said "I tried"
Than to lament "I wish I had"

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/31/09 07:45 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I will be in charge of tire pressure and fart sniffing

I'm curious

That would be the creative second grade editing of the last sentence......

only second grade? I thought it was at least 6th grade
Posted By: Dap

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/31/09 12:54 PM

If you want to give SS/AH a try and have the opportunity then "Good luck and have fun..

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/31/09 01:03 PM

so does anyone know where the west virginia hemi is now?
i'd like to see more pictures of the supercuda, if anyone has any, interior,engine bay, trunk,etc.

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/31/09 02:16 PM

Quote:

............i'd like to see more pictures of the supercuda, if anyone has any, interior,engine bay, trunk,etc.

Just hook up the truck and trailer and go get it.......You won't be disappointed.......It'll be the nicest race car you own, by far....... If I remember correctly, it won best appearing car at Indy the first time it was there.......so, yes, it's that nice......

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/31/09 02:35 PM

Quote:

so does anyone know where the west virginia hemi is now?
i'd like to see more pictures of the supercuda, if anyone has any, interior,engine bay, trunk,etc.

There were MANY!! John Baughman has one of the older ones. Call elite or Brotherton and they can probably tell you where the THREE they had went. There was also a white one at the Hemi Reunion that is owned by John ????. I will think of the last name later. Getting old does this.

Attached picture 5699967-CUDAS029.jpg
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/31/09 02:50 PM

Some more of the Smith's toys.

Attached picture 5699998-IMG.jpg

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/31/09 02:51 PM

'nother

Attached picture 5700005-IMG_0001.jpg

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/31/09 03:02 PM

ANOTHER ONE

Attached picture 5700033-IMG_0003.jpg
Posted By: JAKE68

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/31/09 03:07 PM

I don't think any have been sold yet. I haven't heard of anyone buying them. I believe the one that sold to Norm Scott (the one that Dean drove) is for sale. I have done some small amount of work on the one that Dean drove and one of the ones that Brotherton has and the one that Bill Brooks owns and they are all very nice cars. The detail is way out there. But for my mone I think that Worfords car is a great deal I'd be all over that one if I was in that market for one.

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/31/09 03:53 PM

Quote:

Some more of the Smith's toys.

This was Eddie's brother Larry's car. I don't think they are speaking to each other now!!

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/31/09 03:55 PM

Stevie Baughman in one of Eddie Burl' old Cars.

Attached picture 5700124-BaughmanCuda.jpg

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/31/09 03:59 PM

Quote:

ANOTHER ONE

That's Michael in the background and the all white 65 behind the Cuda.

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/31/09 05:02 PM

Why does everyone who thinks if you go SS racing you have to be at the top of the heap? Correct me if I am wrong here but one only has to run under thier index to be in the bracket race. You do not have to run 1.25 under to get in, just under. At that point you have entered a bracket race. The only caveat is when you come across a car in the saem class during eliminations, then the faster car has the advantage becuase it becomes a heads up race. So how often does that occur? From what I have seen it is a not all that often and I am willking to bet with the EXTREMELY limited number of AH cars out there that it is a very very rare occurance.

Now class run offs are a different animal all together. That is where the pocket book and ego come into play.

As for me now way in heck I would go SS racing. If I had the money some of those guys had in their rigs I would run Comp again for sure.

FWIW having seen the SuperCuda and other cars from MR2 I think you would be hard pressed to find a better deal. I dont understand the fascination with trying to buy one of the West Virginia cars when from what I remember they were WAY more money than what the Warfords want and thier car is first class and runs very well. But hey it aint my money. If yo uare just looking to get into it Wendel's car seems like a decent deal that is worth looking into as well. I mean $75Kish for a T/K car that has been 8.80's seems ok as well.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/31/09 06:13 PM

Quote:

Why does everyone who thinks if you go SS racing you have to be at the top of the heap? Correct me if I am wrong here but one only has to run under thier index to be in the bracket race. You do not have to run 1.25 under to get in, just under. At that point you have entered a bracket race. The only caveat is when you come across a car in the saem class during eliminations, then the faster car has the advantage becuase it becomes a heads up race. So how often does that occur? From what I have seen it is a not all that often and I am willking to bet with the EXTREMELY limited number of AH cars out there that it is a very very rare occurance.

Now class run offs are a different animal all together. That is where the pocket book and ego come into play.

To get in you either have to win class or be far enough under to qualify IF the field is full. You have to run .5 under to win class if you're the only one in class. If the field is not full you just have to run index to get in the eliminator.

I agree, heads-up runs in AH usually only come into effect at places like Indy and such. Most guys will take them off "high kill" in the eliminator anyway so they have a better chance of being consistent and not tearing things up.

I'd love to have an AH car, but it sure seems like an expensive way to go racing.
Posted By: SuperStocker

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/31/09 07:12 PM

Quote:

I have some pics of the SuperCuda from Indy the year it won best appearing; I think '04? It may take me a little while but, I'll dig them up for you if you want.
Posted By: moderncylinder

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/31/09 07:22 PM

Quote:

To get in you either have to win class or be far enough under to qualify IF the field is full. You have to run .5 under to win class if you're the only one in class. If the field is not full you just have to run index to get in the eliminator.

class winners do not automatically get in anymore,, the quickest 128 cars on the sheet are racing,, all else dnq'd

true you have to go .50 under to get the class win

at any race, points or national,,, you cannot dial slower than your index,,, thats all

Post deleted by Defbob - 12/31/09 07:41 PM

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 12/31/09 11:14 PM

Your right Fred, the last of the Cudas have not been run in about 4 or 5 years. Eddie and Mike concentrated on the small inch Chevy, 63 Corvetts, in comp. the last couple of years they raced. They have not raced since the middle of 2008. They are taking a break for lack of a better term.
Posted By: AMXDuster

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 12:05 AM

I know where it is, feel free to email me.

Arvid Svendsen
arvid@musclecarmedia.com

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 01:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I dont understand the fascination with trying to buy one of the West Virginia cars

from what I remember those cars were built long ago by Eddie and are far from what is being run today. they are near obsolete in comparison to the ones Mike has been building.
maybe Mike could add to this

exactly, don't get me wrong the West Virginia Cars are absolutely beautiful, but there is no way they work as well as the modern cars out there. Elite has those cars way overpriced Im sure anyways. There are quite a few other AH cars that would be a lot better to buy,

Is Marvel's car still for sale?
Howes car is for sale
Supercuda, by far the best deal
Wescotts old car, proven winner

take your pick!! Screw selling a car just build another garage!!! lol

or just buy the mountain hemi, Tank Crosswhites new car, Holtons 65, or gtea's aluminum 64 and go SS/BA racing thats what I would do.....

Casey

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 01:45 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I dont understand the fascination with trying to buy one of the West Virginia cars

from what I remember those cars were built long ago by Eddie and are far from what is being run today. they are near obsolete in comparison to the ones Mike has been building.
maybe Mike could add to this

exactly, don't get me wrong the West Virginia Cars are absolutely beautiful, but there is no way they work as well as the modern cars out there. Elite has those cars way overpriced Im sure anyways. There are quite a few other AH cars that would be a lot better to buy,

Is Marvel's car still for sale?
Howes car is for sale
Supercuda, by far the best deal
Wescotts old car, proven winner

take your pick!! Screw selling a car just build another garage!!! lol

or just buy the mountain hemi, Tank Crosswhites new car, Holtons 65, or gtea's aluminum 64 and go SS/BA racing thats what I would do.....

Casey

i wish i could build another garage. building department wont let me add another inch of space.i have 3 variances already, and they dont want to see me anymore.i maxed out my 2 acre parcel.
i've been wanting a AH Hemi for quite a while.
i want the best car for the best deal.
the more information i get the narrower the search. all this information is greatly appreciated and i am taking it all in.
i'm not looking to be the fastest out there.
but i do want to be fairly competitive.
The more i see the Supercuda,the more i'm liking it.
i like the look of wendell howes car also but the outdated parts are holding me back a little. running 8.80's seems a little slow for this style racing imo.
the west virginia is a real car which i feel might be a plus for resale but now you guys are saying its old technology and the car needs to be updated and needs a motor and tranny and converter plus who knows what else at a premium price tag .

Post deleted by Defbob - 01/01/10 02:02 AM

Posted By: Blown71X

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 04:46 AM

Ya want pictures...

Warfords from a 59k mile virtually rust free car

Link to build pics

To the finished product

Link to finished pics

I had a older camera then..I appologize for the quality of some of them.
Rick

Post deleted by Defbob - 01/01/10 05:45 AM

Posted By: BryanRad

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 12:33 PM

How high are the ceilings in your garages? If you cant go out you can always go up and buy a lift if you ceilings are high enough....

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 12:54 PM

Quote:

Ya want pictures...

Link to build pics

To the finished product

Link to finished pics

Rick

amazing work can't believe that car hasn't sold.

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 01:20 PM

Arvid,
I live real close to Summit,Ky. I heard Mike was my neighbor???

One of Eddie's later cars sans "West Virgina Hemi". Most of the later stuff was lettered S&S Racing. I think this is the one Brotherton has left.

Attached picture 5702459-CUDAS015.jpg

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 01:56 PM

Quote:

How high are the ceilings in your garages? If you cant go out you can always go up and buy a lift if you ceilings are high enough....

i got lifts in all the garages, when i say im out of room,i mean it.tey are all stacked up with cars.
i'm working on something to get a 1 post lift in my work space. gotts try, i cant miss out on this opportunity to get this car.
Posted By: SSDAcuda

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 01:57 PM

West Virginia car was sold through Ebay over the summer. A little over 100 grand as a roller, but it WAS an original hurst car.

And the theory of a modern chassis pretty much goes out the window when you look at Daniels Dart. That is a much older Ken Keir chassis.

I thought the Howes car was a good deal, but Warfords car is a great deal. Remove the lettering and Voila, Done!

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 02:03 PM

Quote:

West Virginia car was sold through Ebay over the summer. A little over 100 grand as a roller, but it WAS an original hurst car.

And the theory of a modern chassis pretty much goes out the window when you look at Daniels Dart. That is a much older Ken Keir chassis.

I thought the Howes car was a good deal, but Warfords car is a great deal. Remove the lettering and Voila, Done!

So John, what would you do?
you know ive wanted this for a long time.

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 02:12 PM

Warfords car, no brainer!

You would have well over half that amount on the engine alone!

I don't love the graphics, but remove the lettering and go racing. Show car that GOES!!

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 02:19 PM

Quote:

Ya want pictures...

Link to build pics

To the finished product

Link to finished pics

Rick

Man Rick, that was a while ago! I don't even remember half of that stuff. Also, Superstockracer, if you think 8.80's in AH is easy to do, think again.

Mike
Also I think either car would work fine, Warford's is just a better deal for the money, and it's proven. Maybe not the newest, trickest stuff, but that doesn't really matter. Build a new 25.5 one and you'll find out how much it really costs.

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 02:25 PM

Quote:

Build a new 25.5 one and you'll find out how much it really costs.

Couldn't even come close to building for that price.

Nice work Mike!

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 02:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Ya want pictures...

Link to build pics

To the finished product

Link to finished pics

Rick

Man Rick, that was a while ago! I don't even remember half of that stuff. Also, Superstockracer, if you think 8.80's in AH is easy to do, think again.

Mike
Also I think either car would work fine, Warford's is just a better deal for the money, and it's proven. Maybe not the newest, trickest stuff, but that doesn't really matter. Build a new 25.5 one and you'll find out how much it really costs.

trust me i know how hard it is to get 8.80's out of an ah car.
8.50's in warfords car is huge. getting .3 in this class costs thousands of $$$.
thats why best bang for the buck has to come into play.

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 02:38 PM

I thought Howes car was a good deal and I've never seen anything slow come out of Armstrongs shop, but Howes car needs paint and to be put back together$$

Warfords is done! For now...Just feed it

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 02:41 PM

I bet with all this attention the SuperCuda will be gone very soon

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 02:58 PM

Quote:

wanna bet, you a gambling man?
in this economy, nothings selling.
especially a race car.

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 03:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

especially a race car.

it doesn't effect the people in that income area like it does the working stiff.

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 03:12 PM

The "Deals" are moving.

That is what everyone with cash right now is waiting for.

When you compare Wendells car to Warfords, Warfords is a "Deal"!

And the West Virginia car was/is a beautiful car, but no longer for sale.
Posted By: FASTFISH420

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 03:20 PM

Are you looking for a turn key car???

I seen in the SS/AH board that Stephen Herbert has his back-up car for sale..I have seen it in person..At Holts shop and it is amazing looks like a pro-stocker with a barracuda body on top..I think Herbert was going to put a big inch hemi in it for outlaw racing..

It would be fast right out of the box.. all of Holts stuff is very fast..

I think if you could get a SS/AH car to run in the 60's and 70's you would be fine...The Super Cuda looks like a killer deal..but the lettering would have to go
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 03:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

especially a race car.

it doesn't effect the people in that income area like it does the working stiff.

the kind of people who buy that car have money to spend.
I have no dog in this fight.
But i am always ready to buy a " STEAL "!!!!
When a deal like that comes around, you buy now!
Seems to me you want the car, go get it.
Get a storage place for now and put another car in it.
Or buy a trailer and put 1 in there.
I know i would be making it happen no matter what.
I have cars in 3 different cities because i cant fit them all at my house.

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 03:42 PM

note to all who have no storage space!!!!

I have space available and will test all cars on a regular basis
Posted By: badwej

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 03:47 PM

what car is wendal selling

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 03:51 PM

Quote:

An older Armstrong built car with an older Armstrong/MacCallum Engine. 8.80's

Was in the Dec Race cars for sale section

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 03:54 PM

that car is ruff whats he want for that.

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 03:59 PM

$75k.

It is all apart. I guess he was going to paint it and decided to change directions.

I like that car. If I hadn't spent what I did in the last year and wanted to mix it up with AH boys I would have been all over that one when it appeared.

And when you race "AH", its not a bracket race. Those boys are Serious!

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 04:01 PM

how about this car for 120

Attached picture 5702862-16.jpg1.jpg

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 04:04 PM

Quote:

$75k.

It is all apart. I guess he was going to paint it and decided to change directions.

I like that car. If I hadn't spent what I did in the last year and wanted to mix it up with AH boys I would have been all over that one when it appeared.

i thought the wendell howes car was getting repainted and to be put back together?
he said turnkey for $75,000 obo.

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 04:08 PM

Car is currently stripped for paint and reassembly
$75,000 Turn Key

I took that to mean As Is. Everything there but apart for paint.

Add paint $$$ and put it back together.
Posted By: Canuck

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 04:38 PM

Hi Guys,

Just to clarify for anyone who is interested as my ad was probably not very well explained

The car was stripped to be painted and re-assembled. After we stripped it we came to the conclusion with two current SS/AH cars there wouldn't me much time to race this one. That is why I thought it might be a good fit for someone else as it is taking up garage space.

my intention is to paint the car and re-assemble it if someone was interested in making a deal. Pick your colour and send a deposit....car would be ready in a couple of months.

$75,000 gets you the car re-assembled with a solid colour paint job.

If someone wants to set NHRA records or attend car shows this probably isn't the right car.

If someone is looking to race NHRA or NSS with a legal SS/AH car than I think you would have a hard time building it for $100k

Anyone has any questions I can be reached at mhowes@globalconvention.ca
Mark Howes

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 04:58 PM

[quote$75,000 gets you the car re-assembled with a solid colour paint job.

That is a good deal.

How about some Chassis pics of the Armstrong chassis.

Those boys are some smart cookies and has me real excited to see them playing with Hemi's!

Just tell them to stop playing with that chevy in Oakes's Camaro!

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 05:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

$75k.

i thought the wendell howes car was getting repainted and to be put back together?
he said turnkey for $75,000 obo.

see John, thats what i'm talking about, ready to run for $75,000 obo.
still like that SuperCuda though!

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 05:38 PM

I would like to see pics of the Howes car Chassis

But 8.50 vs 8.80 for $25k?

It all comes down to "Or Best Offer"
Posted By: AMXDuster

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/01/10 07:30 PM

Frito,
I don't know where Mike lives, and I take it that Brotherton is a broker? The car I know about is the white S&S car, with silver,black, red graphics, red the bottom third of the sides of the car. I'm not a broker, just trying to help out.

If you want to contact the owner, let me know.

Arvid Svendsen
arvid@musclecarmedia.com

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/02/10 01:55 AM

Another one comin' out..

Attached picture 5704494-IMG_0011.jpg
Posted By: Kiddart

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/08/10 05:21 PM

I think I know where one is??

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/26/10 04:33 PM

another with Dean Nicopolis driving

Attached picture 5760958-EddieDean.jpg
Posted By: cudasteve68

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/26/10 05:30 PM

Quote:

Are you looking for a turn key car???

I seen in the SS/AH board that Stephen Herbert has his back-up car for sale..I have seen it in person..At Holts shop and it is amazing looks like a pro-stocker with a barracuda body on top..I think Herbert was going to put a big inch hemi in it for outlaw racing..

It would be fast right out of the box.. all of Holts stuff is very fast..

I think if you could get a SS/AH car to run in the 60's and 70's you would be fine...The Super Cuda looks like a killer deal..but the lettering would have to go

Where did this car come from??? If I am not mistaken one of his cars came from the Nothren part of Ohio???
Posted By: mr_340

Re: does anyone know if the West Virginia Hemi AH Barracuda - 01/28/10 05:04 AM

Given the performance of my 401(k) over the last 10 years, selling it all and buying the SuperCuda looks like a better way to go. Who needs to retire anyway?
© 2024 Moparts Forums