Moparts

Jegs new Stocker Challenger

Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/22/09 03:00 AM

I found this on NHRA.com
These pics are not mine they are NHRA's.
Here is the article also.
challenger

Attached picture 5682332-jeg1.jpg

Re: Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/22/09 03:01 AM

2 pic

Attached picture 5682333-jeg2.jpg

Re: Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/22/09 03:01 AM

3pic

Attached picture 5682336-jeg3.jpg
Posted By: B1Fish540

Re: Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/22/09 02:15 PM

WTG Jegs! Thats really cool! fly the mopar flag high!
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/22/09 02:21 PM

Jeg always was a mopar guy as far as I know, doesn't he race some Hemi cars now and then? (I mean, REAL hemi cars, not a "hemi with chevy on the valve covers")
Posted By: Ben Holt

Re: Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/22/09 02:37 PM

That's the one we just finished. Its serial # 14. They are serious about making it to pomona!
Posted By: hemidup

Re: Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/22/09 03:01 PM

How did we all know it was going to be yellow. lol I can't wait to see it in its full race colors.
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/22/09 03:03 PM

Quote:

That's the one we just finished. Its serial # 14. They are serious about making it to pomona!

"we"? who is "We"? do you work for Jegs? or did Jegs hire your shop to do some work?
Posted By: Prostock

Re: Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/22/09 03:41 PM

Quote:

Jeg always was a mopar guy as far as I know, doesn't he race some Hemi cars now and then? (I mean, REAL hemi cars, not a "hemi with chevy on the valve covers")

Jeg Jr????

Other than driving a few hemi super stockers that he didn't own, I don't think I have ever seen him in anything but a GM product.
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/22/09 03:56 PM

Kool..........

John and Ben Holt did the chassis on that car for JEGS
Posted By: B1KILLER

Re: Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/22/09 03:57 PM

About time they get onboard
Posted By: Frito

Re: Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/22/09 04:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

"we"? who is "We"? do you work for Jegs? or did Jegs hire your shop to do some work?

Duhhh! BEN HOLT, as in John Holt Race Cars. YES he did build the car as well as many other high profile Mopars. Jeg drove Michael Ogburn's SS/AH car in only one Hemi Challenge race at Indy several years ago. BTW, He did win with Harry Holton power. His brother John drove a late model Mopar Super Stocker a while back but, Jeggie??????????????
Posted By: fun4door

Re: Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/22/09 04:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Jeg Jr????

Other than driving a few hemi super stockers that he didn't own, I don't think I have ever seen him in anything but a GM product.

I thought Jeggie was was in a Stratus for a few races?

Re: Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/22/09 04:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Jeg Jr????

yes he drove for Don S.
They did not do well.
I am very excited that Jeggy is back in a dodge!!
And i agree with Fred, this is great that we can follow all these guys.

Re: Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/22/09 04:45 PM

Yea, I thought he was talking about Stock/Super Stock. Although Matt was right again.
Posted By: 52savoy

Re: Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/22/09 04:59 PM

I don't know what to think of it.. They have been chevy people since the early 70s. I've put up with a lot of crap from them over the years because of running a mopar...in the sales room and their old machine shop. It's one thing to be "ribbed" a little but what they've did and said was way overboard. Very arrogant.

The only thing I can think of is racing the super/stock and pro/stock HEMIs have changed their attitude.

and no I WON'T wish them luck because you kick a dog too much and it will bite back.
Posted By: onebadstepside

Re: Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/22/09 06:18 PM

Im surprised that Jegs is even doing a challenger.....it will prob have a gm motor in it
Posted By: KD800X

Re: Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/22/09 06:47 PM

I worked at the 11th ave store back in the late 80's early 90's.
I can't say the the family prefers any one brand. They've run just about everying at one point in time.
As for the employees.... back in the day when everyone working there was a gear head. Yes there was a lot of ribbing between brands but it was all in fun. There were a few of us mopar guys on the floor, one Ford freak ( ), but mostly Chevy guys... but that's normal. At least that was the way it was when I worked there.

As for Jeggie running a Chally, I think it's great! I hope he kicks buy with it.
Posted By: Prostock

Re: Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/22/09 08:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Jeg Jr????

yes he drove for Don S.
They did not do well.
I am very excited that Jeggy is back in a dodge!!
And i agree with Fred, this is great that we can follow all these guys.

He drove a stratus for a season with not so good results.

His pro stock car is still a GM.

Re: Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/23/09 11:46 AM

I see that the Jeg's car has side view mirror's where as a Drag Pak comes with mirror delete's. Also is that a window net on the driver's side and is that legal in stock class?

Re: Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/23/09 12:34 PM

Yes, it has mirrors. The DP cars have delete plates, but Jeg thought it would look better with the mirrors. And yes, it is legal to run the net. Actually, if you have a full cage you HAVE to run the net, irregardless of ET the car actually runs.
There sure are some interesting responses here. A Mopar stocker with a GM engine??
You won't root for JEg because a couple of the salesman there dogged you for being a Mopar guy?
And three, the name of the chassis shop is John Holt Race Cars. It's not John and Ben Holt Race Cars. I am John's son and merely an employee. It is his shop through and through.
This car ought to be really fast and should be a contender for the Stock championship from the get go.
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/23/09 12:47 PM

Quote:

Yes, it has mirrors. The DP cars have delete plates, but Jeg thought it would look better with the mirrors. And yes, it is legal to run the net. Actually, if you have a full cage you HAVE to run the net, irregardless of ET the car actually runs.
There sure are some interesting responses here. A Mopar stocker with a GM engine??
You won't root for JEg because a couple of the salesman there dogged you for being a Mopar guy?
And three, the name of the chassis shop is John Holt Race Cars. It's not John and Ben Holt Race Cars. I am John's son and merely an employee. It is his shop through and through.
This car ought to be really fast and should be a contender for the Stock championship from the get go.

Ben, thanks for the updates and please keep us posted.
Bill Lamb

Re: Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/23/09 01:15 PM

So, if I'm running stock class with a roll bar, can I use a window net?
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/23/09 01:56 PM

I also recall a "jegs" super gas Dodge Daytona back in the early 90's.
Posted By: KD800X

Re: Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/23/09 02:15 PM

Quote:

That's right I forgot about that. Mike had a Daytona.

Re: Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/23/09 02:27 PM

Quote:

I know that the Jegs family did not drive many dodges.
But they always had there name on plenty of Dodges back in the day.

Re: Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/23/09 03:00 PM

I don't know how you mount a window net with just a rollbar. The front needs to mount to something solid, and we use the front part of the cage. There is nothing in the Stock rules that says you CAN'T use a net.....
Posted By: Blucuda413

Re: Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/23/09 03:03 PM

Quote:

Actually, if you have a full cage you HAVE to run the net, irregardless of ET the car actually runs.

That's not correct by todays rules. the book currently says "required by the rules to have a roll cage." They finally got smart and got the rules correct.

Re: Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/23/09 05:17 PM

You're right. But if you have enough respect for your well being to put a cage in a car that doesn't technically require one, you're probably going to run the net. Thanks for the correction, though
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/23/09 09:49 PM

I know that Jeg Sr. and Jr. both really are Mopar fans when it comes to Superstock hemi cars. Jr. was very excited to get to drive Dave's AH car. There was some talk about building an AH car after that. Look at some old pictures of Arlen Vanke's SS/AA Cuda, Jegs is on the doors and was a major sponser. I am positive their new drag pack car will be very competive with the Holt's building it.

Attached picture 5685679-CIMG0365.jpg
Posted By: Blucuda413

Re: Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/23/09 10:12 PM

Ben,I totally agree with you. My 10 sec car has a cage and I use a window net. I'm just a stickler for correctness when quoting or stating rules.

Re: Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/24/09 11:39 AM

Quote:

I know that Jeg Sr. and Jr. both really are Mopar fans when it comes to Superstock hemi cars. Jr. was very excited to get to drive Dave's AH car. There was some talk about building an AH car after that. Look at some old pictures of Arlen Vanke's SS/AA Cuda, Jegs is on the doors and was a major sponser. I am positive their new drag pack car will be very competive with the Holt's building it.

I just remembered, Jeg Sr. had a 70 Cuda bodied alky funny car! I think there might have been a 68 also. Moprod had this pic.

Attached picture 5686875-Bluegrassjegs.jpg

Re: Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/24/09 03:12 PM

nice pic!
Posted By: Billet426

Re: Jegs new Stocker Challenger - 12/25/09 01:22 PM

Quote:

I've put up with a lot of crap from them over the years because of running a mopar...in the sales room and their old machine shop. It's one thing to be "ribbed" a little but what they've did and said was way overboard. Very arrogant.

Well I was driving them to high school when they were new...you should have seen some of that ribbing
You were the original red haired step child back then, driving one of them. Now they are "cool"

Way to go Jegs ...and its yellow..whoda thunk that
Gary
© 2024 Moparts Forums