Moparts

Another bad day for a good guy....

Posted By: Chad Bittle

Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/25/09 10:07 PM

Got a phone call from dad a few hours ago about Bill Hart getting injured at work again. I know its not life threatening but dad said he may have broken the same leg he did last year about this time.

I usually don't say anything unless I know all the details but he's on here all the time and seems to me the poor guy needs our thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/25/09 10:09 PM

You gotta be kidding?
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/25/09 10:17 PM

Holy crap

I hope it's not to serious. I'm sure Bill will be on here as soon as he can and tell us all about it.

Hey Bill, might be time to think about a desk job
Posted By: Hunted Duck

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/25/09 10:19 PM

Get Well Soon Bill
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/25/09 10:20 PM

Chad,give our best to your dad.We are a phone call away if he needs anything. Our best to your entire family this Thanksgiving Holiday.
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/25/09 10:50 PM

Im very sorry to hear this. I hope things are not too bad.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/25/09 10:56 PM

Quote:

Got a phone call from dad a few hours ago about Bill Hart getting injured at work again. I know its not life threatening but dad said he may have broken the same leg he did last year about this time.

I usually don't say anything unless I know all the details but he's on here all the time and seems to me the poor guy needs our thoughts and prayers.

I sure hope this isnt true(I like to see facts also)
but in case it is...... BILL what are you doing...
get well buddy
Posted By: MoparPitBull

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/25/09 10:59 PM

get well soon Bill.
Posted By: Bigbeep

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/25/09 11:00 PM

Chad, Keep us informed if you can.

Bill, if you read this, let us in on how you are doing. If you need anything let us know. Sorry for the bad luck.....Again! Hope you get back on your feet soon. Beep
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/25/09 11:05 PM

Dang, Bill.Are you a stunt driver or something. Get better . Happt Thanksgiving, Bill and family.. Thanks for the headsup..
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/26/09 01:22 AM

Quote:

Dang, Bill.Are you a stunt driver or something. Get better . Happt Thanksgiving, Bill and family.. Thanks for the headsup..

Yea what the heck does he do for a living??
Hope he's alright and let me know if he needs anything.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/26/09 01:32 AM

Well I do really hope it's not too serious . Keep us informed and if you need anything just give me a call. I hope he can at least spend Thanksgiving at home.

Russ
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/26/09 01:54 AM

Quote:

Quote:

What I do is build aero derivative,(jet engine powered)power turbine's for the oil and natural gas pipeline industry and are also used for electrical power generation, what I was doing at the time was installing a drive hub on the drive end of the power turbine, using approxamately 25.000# of hydraulic pressure when the pusher that is screwed on to the end of the shaft (2.750-12 thd) stripped the thread's right off the shaft and blew the hub that weight's approxamately 75-80# right into my leg and tried to bend it the other direction plus I recieved two pretty good sized contusion's on my upper and lower leg, the hospital say's no broken bone's but I will be visiting my orthopedic surgeon asap, he's the one that found the crack's the last time that the hospital overlooked, it was later determined by company officials that the hyd pusher was only screwed on by 2 thread's and was installed incorrectly by one of my work mate's and blew off while I was helping guide the hyd pump operator by being his eye's while he operated the pump because he was not able to see when the hub was seated against the shaft, nice way to start the holiday huh?
Posted By: Chad Bittle

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/26/09 01:59 AM

Hope putting this up didn't upset ya, Bill. Dad called after work to let me know. Hope everything turns out ok, start working alone maybe? Hahaha
Posted By: Chassisman

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/26/09 02:02 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What I do is build aero derivative,(jet engine powered)power turbine's for the oil and natural gas pipeline industry and are also used for electrical power generation, what I was doing at the time was installing a drive hub on the drive end of the power turbine, using approxamately 25.000# of hydraulic pressure when the pusher that is screwed on to the end of the shaft (2.750-12 thd) stripped the thread's right off the shaft and blew the hub that weight's approxamately 75-80# right into my leg and tried to bend it the other direction plus I recieved two pretty good sized contusion's on my upper and lower leg, the hospital say's no broken bone's but I will be visiting my orthopedic surgeon asap, he's the one that found the crack's the last time that the hospital overlooked, it was later determined by company officials that the hyd pusher was only screwed on by 2 thread's and was installed incorrectly by one of my work mate's and blew off while I was helping guide the hyd pump operator by being his eye's while he operated the pump because he was not able to see when the hub was seated against the shaft, nice way to start the holiday huh?

I had one of those work mates too....lowered a DT466 onto my hand....broke my right hand in 13 places...I feel for ya brother...mistakes of others always cost the good guys.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/26/09 02:04 AM

Get it checked out Bill... glad to hear you didnt
get hurt any worse.... have a good holiday(if you can)
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/26/09 02:09 AM

Holy chit !!

Sounds horrible, get well, listen to the docs and rest up !
Posted By: junkyardmaxie

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/26/09 02:09 AM

BILL sorry to here about your accident. hope every thing turns ok. prayers for you, and the family. Bob

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/26/09 02:15 AM

Quote:

BILL sorry to here about your accident. hope every thing turns ok. prayers for you, and the family. Bob

Thank's guy's, your word's of encouragement mean's a lot to me,
Mike I plan on seeing the Dr as soon as I can get in to him.

No Chad, I am glad you did, I wouldn't of known where to start.
Posted By: nss guy

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/26/09 02:29 AM

Damn,
sorry to hear, hope it's repairable by racing season.
Take care,

Jim
Posted By: S/ST 3040

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/26/09 02:33 AM

Damn it Bill......Be careful! I hope it's not as bad as it sounds.
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/26/09 02:39 AM

Sounds plenty scarey, I've worked with plenty of hydraulics & know how much stored energy you were playing with... Glad it wasn't worse & thank god it hit your leg where theres a good deal of muscle & flesh.. If your face had been to close... It might look worse then it already does... J/K.. It could have been bad....
Posted By: 72chrgrally

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/26/09 03:59 AM

Jeeze Bill I'm really sorry to hear about this. I hope you are all healed up in good time!
Steve
Posted By: aarcudaden

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/26/09 04:08 AM

Bill what is it with you and your legs here lately buddy but seriously i hope you'll be alright take it easy man and have a good and if ya need anything just give me a
Posted By: 360904

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/26/09 10:11 AM

Posted By: 440Jim

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/26/09 12:05 PM

Ouch!
I hope the healing process goes well.
Posted By: Butch

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/26/09 12:57 PM

Sorry to hear of your accident Bill. Sound like we can all be thankful this Thanksgiving it wasn't more serious.

Rest well my friend.

Butch
Posted By: B1KILLER

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/26/09 01:16 PM

Sorry to hear that, I hope you have a speedy recovery
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/26/09 01:58 PM

Holy smokes Bill

Get well soon buddy

Tell your wife to get the bell ready sounds like your going to need it for a few weeks.
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/26/09 02:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

had to hurt Bill...thats why I always double checked any work when I had a partner...I know sometimes we cant..

hope you get well quickly..

my wife, Babe-n-Indy, broke her small toe again on the left foot for the second time in 6 months..our Brittany,ZEE,who is muscle bound keeps stepping on her feet...she has brittle bones..

happy Turkey day

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/26/09 03:56 PM

Quote:

Tell your wife to get the bell ready sounds like your going to need it for a few weeks.

She won't let me have the bell!! said she hid it and can't find it,,,likely story.
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/26/09 04:06 PM

I think I got a new avitar for ya Bill,

Posted By: springers340dart

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/26/09 04:39 PM

Get well soon Bill!!
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/26/09 05:29 PM

Dam son you need to quit this ...Hope you get better soon..call me if you need anything...
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/26/09 06:37 PM

Bill...Get better soon!! Us old guys take a while to heal!! And watch out for those workmens comp doctors...DAMHIK...

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/26/09 11:44 PM

Quote:

I think I got a new avitar for ya Bill,

there is a similar likeness!now if you could get him to race around all over the page, then you would be on to somthing.
Posted By: 3ddart

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/28/09 02:54 AM

heal up quick bill!!! if your home at registration time get in the upcoming "pinks all out" race!! dave
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/28/09 03:44 AM

Wow, I hope it isn't any worse than the hospital says.

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/28/09 12:34 PM

Got in to my orthopedic surgeon yesterday, and to say the least he's not happy, he is suspecting torn ligament's in my pcl (ligament's in the back of my knee) and also the ligament's on the outer side of my knee, the rest seem's to be ok, has ordered up a MRI to get a better looksee also put me thru a doppler of my leg (checking for blood clot's) and that came out good, the rest seem's to be just blunt trauma ans severe swelling and briusing,,so it's ice pack's, elevation and off work for at least a week.

And Dave, you can better believe I am going to be on the phone hot and heavy that day, last time for pink's at Norwalk I would of been in had I been more persistant about it.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/28/09 05:16 PM

Bill...If you have ligament damage,they take a long time to heal!! I tore mine on my ankle in June and it still hurts. I have to see the ortho in Dec. He is going to give it an impaired rating..I asked him why. He said that workmans comp don't want to keep you seeing the doc... I am not recieving any comp checks as I have been back to work for a few months.. I just wish it was healed up!! Good luck!! Ted
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Another bad day for a good guy.... - 11/28/09 06:14 PM

Ouch! I hope you "thank" that co-worker for his christmas gift.
© 2024 Moparts Forums