Moparts

Home Jet hot coatings??

Posted By: Moparnut426

Home Jet hot coatings?? - 11/24/09 07:32 PM

I have some chrome TTI headers, and Im wanting to coat them, Who has the best at home coatings, My buddy put a brush on coating on his Dirt car headers, and they have looked awsome for a few years. The engine heat baked the coating on.

Anything out there??

Kasey
Posted By: blownzoom440

Re: Home Jet hot coatings?? - 11/24/09 09:14 PM

Quote:

I have some chrome TTI headers, and Im wanting to coat them, Who has the best at home coatings, My buddy put a brush on coating on his Dirt car headers, and they have looked awsome for a few years. The engine heat baked the coating on.

Anything out there??

Kasey

that may be what i have on mine.cerma krome.i used an airbrush,bake in the oven shine with 0000 steel wool.
Posted By: Quicksilver440

Re: Home Jet hot coatings?? - 11/24/09 11:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Anything out there??

Kasey

that may be what i have on mine.cerma krome.i used an airbrush,bake in the oven shine with 0000 steel wool.

Got any pics?

Re: Home Jet hot coatings?? - 11/25/09 12:21 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Anything out there??

Kasey

Got any pics?

i did not spend much time on them and thay are 20 yrs old.thay do need redone/touchedup now and then depending on the abuse.i abused mine.for the 50$ to coat them myself i dont mind.

Attached picture 5624821-Jul17_32.JPG
Posted By: moparjimbo60

Re: Home Jet hot coatings?? - 11/25/09 12:26 AM

had a racing friend, swore he took and coated his headers with antisieze and ran them hot ,he said the antisieze etches into the metal said it looked just like ceramic coat and was very durable.
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Home Jet hot coatings?? - 11/25/09 12:29 AM

Where do you get the stuff and did the wife want to kill you for using her oven.
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: Home Jet hot coatings?? - 11/25/09 12:31 AM

Quote:

Where do you get the stuff and did the wife want to kill you for using her oven.

how the heck you fit them in the oven?
maybe you guys have some giant ovens, but my oven wont fit those.

Re: Home Jet hot coatings?? - 11/25/09 12:36 AM

Mine are slip tubes with slip on collectors

Re: Home Jet hot coatings?? - 11/25/09 12:36 AM

Quote:

lookup tech line on the net.
WIFE! i have had 2 of them[not at the same time]i have my car still and friends with benefits. [yes female]

Re: Home Jet hot coatings?? - 11/25/09 12:39 AM

Quote:

Quote:

you close the door as much as you can and close the gap [1']with foil.500*F 1hr.

Re: Home Jet hot coatings?? - 11/25/09 01:04 AM

If you can't fit them in the oven, I googled cerma krome

And found these guys PRO KOTE INDY
Posted By: megajoltman

Re: Home Jet hot coatings?? - 11/25/09 01:43 AM

http://powderbuythepound.com/ is another good source if you want to try it at home
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: Home Jet hot coatings?? - 11/25/09 01:46 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

you close the door as much as you can and close the gap [1']with foil.500*F 1hr.

Makes sense. I was just curious, thought maybe i was missing out on a giant oven.
I dont like to miss out on stuff.

And i like the theory of friends with benifits.
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: Home Jet hot coatings?? - 11/25/09 01:55 AM

I bought some cerama kote for 35 bucks. The guy on the phone told me to sand blast them, brush on the 1st coat, bake at 500 degrees, cure it, brush on the 2nd coat, and run them.

He said they look great, and for 35 bucks ill try it. I have a friend who has a HUGE powder coat oven, He told me I can run them through his oven.

KAsey

Re: Home Jet hot coatings?? - 11/25/09 02:02 AM

Quote:

I bought some cerama kote for 35 bucks. The guy on the phone told me to sand blast them, brush on the 1st coat, bake at 500 degrees, cure it, brush on the 2nd coat, and run them.

He said they look great, and for 35 bucks ill try it. I have a friend who has a HUGE powder coat oven, He told me I can run them through his oven.

KAsey

i was told to use glass beads to keep the poors open.maybe things changed.
Posted By: tech54K

Re: Home Jet hot coatings?? - 10/03/17 08:42 AM

Originally Posted By megajoltman
http://powderbuythepound.com/ is another good source if you want to try it at home

I visited the sight and I found so many materials for powder coating. Thank you!
© 2024 Moparts Forums