Moparts

NHRA rules about side glass

Posted By: The Shocker

NHRA rules about side glass - 11/23/09 01:35 AM

Anyone know the NHRA's regulations regarding the use of Plexiglass in the 1/4 windows and doors ?I want to use colored plexi in my Dart for the nostalgia look and ditch the glass and regulators .Im also trying to get back sum of the weight from the rollbar upgrade at the same time.I dont have a rulebook handy ,so i thought one of you guys might know ,thanks...
Posted By: sam64

Re: NHRA rules about side glass - 11/23/09 02:11 AM

i have never been asked,and i'll bet untill you get faster than 9.99 no one ever will.mine is what ever lowes sells.been high 10s for ten years,been to denver,kcir,topeka,st louis,all nhra tracks.do it to it.
Posted By: The Shocker

Re: NHRA rules about side glass - 11/23/09 02:16 AM

Thanks Sam ,i guess its cosher then .Red plexi side glass would look very cool in this thing ,and i found a company that sells it ,so its a go...
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: NHRA rules about side glass - 11/23/09 03:06 AM

Call the track you run on first and ask them I haven't seen any cars at the track with colored windows(other than factory tints) in years
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: NHRA rules about side glass - 11/23/09 03:08 AM

Quote:

Anyone know the NHRA's regulations regarding the use of Plexiglass in the 1/4 windows and doors ?I want to use colored plexi in my Dart for the nostalgia look and ditch the glass and regulators .Im also trying to get back sum of the weight from the rollbar upgrade at the same time.I dont have a rulebook handy ,so i thought one of you guys might know ,thanks...

Plexiglas, Lexan or any shatterproof material no less than 1/8" in thickness.

Tint or Colored needs to be DOT compliant...I think Limo Tint is out, but you should be good to go....

Rickster
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: NHRA rules about side glass - 11/23/09 03:09 AM

Quote:

Call the track you run on first and ask them I haven't seen any cars at the track with colored windows(other than factory tints) in years

I believe by the rulebook that color/tinting other than factory tint is illegal.
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: NHRA rules about side glass - 11/23/09 03:12 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I believe by the rulebook that color/tinting other than factory tint is illegal.

It is legal as long as it meets the states requirements.....perctentage of tint.

this is out of the NHRA rule book.

Rickster
Posted By: Keith Richards

Re: NHRA rules about side glass - 11/23/09 03:13 AM

The officials need to be able to see all your required safety gear on.
Posted By: B1KILLER

Re: NHRA rules about side glass - 11/23/09 04:20 AM

I run low 9's and have never been bother, but they do walk up, to make sure I'm on point inside the car with safety

Attached picture 5621674-atco4.jpg
Posted By: bigdad

Re: NHRA rules about side glass - 11/23/09 04:22 AM

Down here, no one will give you a 2nd look
Posted By: Sub95

Re: NHRA rules about side glass - 11/23/09 04:38 AM

The imports have been doing it for years now.

Posted By: topfueldart

Re: NHRA rules about side glass - 11/23/09 06:42 AM

There is a guy with a tri 5 at our track with yellow tint, and another with a 64 Chevy 2 with red tint, and both race with it....

Shouldnt be an issue
© 2024 Moparts Forums