Moparts

Can any drag cars use this new boot?

Posted By: sunroofgtx

Can any drag cars use this new boot? - 11/13/09 02:45 AM

Well, actually, it does not have to be a drag car. This is a high-temp spark plug boot, and is really solving a lot of problems that some guys have. It is a vari-angle, which means it can be bent, and a great grip-end, which helps the longevity of the ignition lead life. Just checking to see if you guys like it. Very popular with Fords and ProMod GM applications. I think it would be great for small blocks as well. We installed them on Lonnie Smith and Keith McKellar's small blocks.

Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: Can any drag cars use this new boot? - 11/13/09 02:47 AM

Looks pretty good to me.
But does Lonnie know that you are giving away his secrets????
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Can any drag cars use this new boot? - 11/13/09 02:48 AM

it would work fine on my indy heads.

Re: Can any drag cars use this new boot? - 11/13/09 02:57 AM

Quote:

Big block? Stock-chassied big blocks I think would not be able to use these, but front chassis and rails with header tubes going out and over the frame rails, or room between the header tubes.

Re: Can any drag cars use this new boot? - 11/13/09 02:58 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Big block? Stock-chassied big blocks I think would not be able to use these, but front chassis and rails with header tubes going out and over the frame rails, or room between the header tubes.

SB

Re: Can any drag cars use this new boot? - 11/13/09 03:06 AM

Nice , Tony, any pics of the header/s.plug relationship?

Re: Can any drag cars use this new boot? - 11/13/09 03:08 AM

Re: Can any drag cars use this new boot? - 11/13/09 03:16 AM

It would be a nice upgrade, plus you could lose the distributor hold-down. Sweet-looking engine bay. What a showcar...LOL kiddding.. Very nice. Whose headers are those? Don't think I've seen a 1 and 5 tube get directed like that.. Nice. We can also switch you to one of our black distributor cap's if you like..Get rid of all of that red up there..

Re: Can any drag cars use this new boot? - 11/13/09 03:22 AM

Quote:

It would be a nice upgrade, plus you could lose the distributor hold-down. Sweet-looking engine bay. What a showcar...LOL kiddding.. Very nice. Whose headers are those? Don't think I've seen a 1 and 5 tube get directed like that.. Nice. We can also switch you to one of our black distributor cap's if you like..Get rid of all of that red up there..

they are TTI's, wish I could afford it. sponsorhips welcome
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Can any drag cars use this new boot? - 11/13/09 03:31 AM

Those look great. Are those the ones you were making last night?

I wonder how they would fit on the 72. We have a different set of headers ready to go on but they are pretty much the same as these.

We've had a hell of a time keeping the # 5 & 7 wires off the tube and had to borrow one wire from Scott to finish out the season even though we had the heat sleeves over them.

Your right about a BB car. I don't see any way those would clear on mine.

Re: Can any drag cars use this new boot? - 11/13/09 03:34 AM

Billy, they would fit perfect in there. No, I was making a set for an ADRL Pro Stock BAE Hemi. Thanks for swinging by. Get it set up?

Re: Can any drag cars use this new boot? - 11/13/09 03:42 AM

Yep, so easy even I could do it.

No bands to adjust or snap rings to fail.

I'll have to get with you after I get the new headers on for next year and get me some of those. We need new wires for it anyway.

Probably be around the start of nest season.
Posted By: Hunted Duck

Re: Can any drag cars use this new boot? - 11/13/09 03:45 AM

Those are some nice wires Sunroof. I do believe I will be placing an order. Question on the Cap. Is it an MSD or better????
Posted By: rebel

Re: Can any drag cars use this new boot? - 11/13/09 03:47 AM

no offence but the pink looks a bit gay.

Re: Can any drag cars use this new boot? - 11/13/09 03:50 AM

Quote:

Those are some nice wires Sunroof. I do believe I will be placing an order. Question on the Cap. Is it an MSD or better????

Black, not MSD.

Attached picture 5601872-DC3300MSDHEICAPthumb.JPG

Re: Can any drag cars use this new boot? - 11/13/09 03:53 AM

Quote:

no offence but the pink looks a bit gay.

The light orange is the highest heat range out there, in a silicone boot, anyway. This is why our 440 boots are closely the same color. Very high heat for the crazy-close header applications. Black is the lowest heat range. I understand your opinion, and wish the colors didn't effect the heat ranges.
Posted By: scottydog

Re: Can any drag cars use this new boot? - 11/13/09 04:33 AM

Rick, 4 years with your original 8mm's on the Dart. Time for some new 8.5's and these boots. I have a "soft-orange" tie that matches those boots.. haha

Re: Can any drag cars use this new boot? - 11/14/09 12:13 AM

Hi Scotty, been busy? Haven't seen you on here at all.. Yeas, the boots will fit most small block Mopars, most small block Ferds, along with Windsors and Clevelands.

Posted By: blown572dart

Re: Can any drag cars use this new boot? - 11/14/09 12:36 AM

I am in need of a couple of sets for a HEMI

Posted By: modified1090

Re: Can any drag cars use this new boot? - 11/14/09 01:44 AM

Quote:

The light orange is the highest heat range out there, in a silicone boot, anyway. This is why our 440 boots are closely the same color. Very high heat for the crazy-close header applications. Black is the lowest heat range. I understand your opinion, and wish the colors didn't effect the heat ranges.

what do you get for a 440 set? i have a 440 with hooker super comp 2-1/8" b-body headers, edelbrock heads with angle plugs. like you said "crazy-close header application"
Posted By: topside

Re: Can any drag cars use this new boot? - 11/14/09 04:01 AM

If those will stand up to a GM 454, you should sell a lot of them.
Manifolds or headers, those motors BAKE plug boots.
How much for an SBM set, standard cap, Stahl headers? Mine run up over the valve covers pretty much like stock, been using the Taylor blue ones but black is fine too.
Posted By: mopars rule

Re: Can any drag cars use this new boot? - 11/14/09 05:14 AM

Quote:

Those look great. Are those the ones you were making last night?

I wonder how they would fit on the 72. We have a different set of headers ready to go on but they are pretty much the same as these.

We've had a hell of a time keeping the # 5 & 7 wires off the tube and had to borrow one wire from Scott to finish out the season even though we had the heat sleeves over them.

Your right about a BB car. I don't see any way those would clear on mine.

I run the same header design Bill has in this picture and was curious if anyone might have a picture of a set of those wires wrapped around a set of headers like Bill has on this small block, especially around the #5 and #7 plugs as he mentioned. That would be a selling point for me.
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Can any drag cars use this new boot? - 11/14/09 06:13 AM

They would fit my small block no problem. 1 5/8-3/4 TTI's

Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: Can any drag cars use this new boot? - 11/14/09 12:47 PM

Quote:

what do you get for a 440 set? i have a 440 with hooker super comp 2-1/8" b-body headers, edelbrock heads with angle plugs. like you said "crazy-close header application"

This is on my 440,,,but it has TTI 2",,,not "crazy" close,,,but Rick did a custom set,,and the fit was amazing...

Re: Can any drag cars use this new boot? - 11/14/09 08:35 PM

Quote:

I run the same header design Bill has in this picture and was curious if anyone might have a picture of a set of those wires wrapped around a set of headers like Bill has on this small block, especially around the #5 and #7 plugs as he mentioned. That would be a selling point for me.

I looked, this is the only sb pic I can find even close. Sorry..

Re: Can any drag cars use this new boot? - 11/15/09 12:13 AM

Hey SunroofGTX what would you recommend to fit around headers like the ones Bill has pictured? Which boot, shield or anything else you can recommend to keep the wires from burning?

Re: Can any drag cars use this new boot? - 11/15/09 03:04 AM

Re: Can any drag cars use this new boot? - 11/15/09 03:41 AM

Jamie, I think Bills on the small block are ours. We do not have shielding , yet. I have a line on some great stuff, but it's 6 bucks a foot. I think our new ProMod 45's that can point the wires up and out of heat. The boots can be bent, they are variangles. They should work. If you like, I can send you one with some wire and see if it'll clear..

Re: Can any drag cars use this new boot? - 11/15/09 03:55 AM

The wires came with the motor so I have no idea who's they are.

It's too bad the 72 is in the trailer W/ the Jr over it or I would be happy to test fit some for you.

Re: Can any drag cars use this new boot? - 11/15/09 03:57 AM

Sunroof, I sent you a PM.
© 2024 Moparts Forums