Moparts

Happy vetrans day

Posted By: hot67cuda

Happy vetrans day - 11/11/09 10:21 PM

Cuda Ben his pretty daughter
Marie and I are going out to dinner at Apple Bees here in metro Detroit They are giving Vets free dinner tonight. Things are so different now for Vets,not like the old days thank godnes.
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Happy vetrans day - 11/11/09 10:53 PM

Ya, when I got out in 67 I was afraid to wear my uniform fo fear someone would spit on me.
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Happy vetrans day - 11/11/09 10:58 PM

To all veterans"THANKS FOR SERVING"
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Happy vetrans day - 11/11/09 11:02 PM

The 6 years i spent in the service were a great experience. I saw places around the world and met people i know i otherwise wouldnt have.

Posted By: sg66mopar

Re: Happy vetrans day - 11/11/09 11:08 PM

I came back in 70. One day I went into the little mom and pop corner store by my dads house. I'd been going to that store with him since I was a little kid and they new me well. My dad even had an open account with them. The owner took one look at my field jacket and told me to get out. He said "we don't want your kind in here". I think (hope) that's a thing of the past.
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: Happy vetrans day - 11/11/09 11:22 PM

Quote:

x2!!!!
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: Happy vetrans day - 11/11/09 11:53 PM

To all who have served...both past and present....THANK YOU for our Freedom. Contrary to what the media wants the World to believe, we're still the strongest and the best country in the World, thanks to our men and women of the Armed Forces. We can never say it enough, and you deserve all of our respect.

Happy Veterans Day to you all.
Posted By: Chad Bittle

Re: Happy vetrans day - 11/12/09 12:27 AM

Quote:

Things are so different now for Vets,not like the old days thank godnes.

Sorry to hear it was ever like that, nothing like going through hell then having the people your doing it for treat you like chit. The day I came home we were treated like royalty everywhere we went. People in the Airport actually moved out of the way and applauded....thats how it should have always been. After being home for a few years I'm a firm believer people will never understand your attitude or actions without having going through any war or combat. Nothing worse then sitting around watching everything thats been happening lately knowing that what you went through and friends that were lost is all going to be for nothing. Pretty sad to me people in my own town didn't know of the two of my friends being killed but knew where Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston went on a date the same day....
Posted By: supercomp

Re: Happy vetrans day - 11/12/09 12:40 AM

Quote:

I came back in 70. One day I went into the little mom and pop corner store by my dads house. I'd been going to that store with him since I was a little kid and they new me well. My dad even had an open account with them. The owner took one look at my field jacket and told me to get out. He said "we don't want your kind in here". I think (hope) that's a thing of the past.

I hear ya.
Posted By: GTSDave

Re: Happy vetrans day - 11/12/09 12:41 AM

Amen brother!

-Dave
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Happy vetrans day - 11/12/09 12:47 AM

Quote:

Quote:

x2!!!!

x3

Russ
Posted By: ben1692

Re: Happy vetrans day - 11/12/09 01:39 AM

thanks dennis the military change my life life thand goodness anyway great meal few beers life is good

Attached picture 5599721-10-11-09milan.jpg
Posted By: hemiparts

Re: Happy vetrans day - 11/12/09 03:09 AM

To all those who have served and come back and for those who never returned we say THANK YOU!!!

Attached picture 5599948-powmialogo.gif
Posted By: bcrproducts

Re: Happy vetrans day - 11/12/09 03:53 AM

For us it is Rememberence Day "same thing as veterans day" We have lost almost 200 Canadian soldiers in Afganastan to date. This goes out to all of them who have sacrificed their lives to make ours a safer place. There is only one WW1 soldier still alive from Canada. This also goes out to him for all he did as well as all of our NATO brothers.

Greg
www.bcrproducts.com
Posted By: Bigbeep

Re: Happy vetrans day - 11/12/09 04:52 AM

To all vetrans, Thank You
© 2024 Moparts Forums