Moparts

More sad new...this time its a young gun...

Posted By: RonTheAnnouncer

More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/11/09 08:54 PM

Andrew Dombroski passed away today. Drew was only 20 but already had proved he was a formidible racer in any vehicle. He had been racing his Granddad's "Wild Mouse" GTX for the last several years, and had earned the first of what should have been many track championships at Dragway 42 this year. He had been feeling bad lately, and had passed out a few days ago, and he never woke up. I've heard blleding of the brain, but have little other info. I'll post more as it becomes available. Drew was a great kid, a fantastic racer, and a good friend. Godspeed, buddy...
Posted By: MoparPitBull

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/11/09 08:58 PM

Posted By: Harley

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/11/09 08:58 PM

R.I.P.
Posted By: 10secGTX

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/11/09 09:07 PM

I met him at the Classic at Norwalk this year when he went rounds in Pro....nice kid quiet, like his Grandfather, I guess we never know...I'm very sorry for his the familys loss. Prayers sent
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/11/09 09:11 PM

Oh no. What a great kid. That really sucks. Grandparents are NOT supposed to bury their kids.. Sorry to hear that. Great car. I remember that as far back as Tim's Toy Charger, when it was a lot slower than now..
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/11/09 09:33 PM

Rickster
Posted By: flathood

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/11/09 09:37 PM

Very sad indeed.RIP
Posted By: Dodgetony

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/11/09 09:37 PM

I had raced with/against him many times. He truly was a great racer and a good kid. I also feel very bad for his grandfather Denny. Denny was with him all the time when he raced and was extremely proud. He has to be devastated.

Posted By: POZEST

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/11/09 09:51 PM

Andrew won the no box gamblers race on Friday at Norwalk this year. Very sad deal.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/11/09 09:51 PM

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/11/09 09:58 PM

When I was growing up, I watched his grandpa Denny race the same car. Poor Denny, keep him and the rest of his family in your thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: Hunted Duck

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/11/09 09:58 PM

Very sad news. Great driver!!
Posted By: abodiesonly1

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/11/09 10:08 PM

Absolutely Shocked!!

Godspeed Andrew....
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/11/09 10:14 PM

Godspeed Andrew
I met Andrew for the first time at the Chrysler Classic Norwalk event this year. Was kind of weird for me as I was used to seeing and racing with Denny "Wild Mouse" at 42 years ago. Denny was real proud of Andrews accomplishments and you could see it in his eyes. Denny is a great bracket racer and Andrew had one of the best teachers a Young Gun could have!

My thoughts and prayers are with the Dombroski Family. Greg Travis

Attached picture 5599369-Norwalk2signature.jpg
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/11/09 10:35 PM

Wow this shocks me..so young and a great racer.we pited next to each other at the Classic. and he won fri and we won sat. we was sharing alot of info .he knew the track better than I . And was very willing to share that info..Help jenni and I alot. I was hoping to meet up with him again . So I could talk to him some more about his set up on the car..his grandpa was real nice guy..and was very proud of andrew.godspeed.to him..I am very sad over this..
Posted By: springers340dart

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/11/09 10:36 PM

Godspeed Andrew. was a very good driver and glad i got to know him. just raced him 2 weekends ago at kil-kare. he will be missed
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/11/09 10:40 PM

When my Mother passed away right before the Norwalk Classic race Andrew a good friend of my son Matt (whisky runner) said he would win a race and dedicate it to Matt and his Grandmother. He backed up his words and won. Matt called me earlier today with the bad news. Godspeed Andrew. Prayers to you and your family.
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/11/09 10:41 PM

Sometimes I wonder why god takes em so young..
Prayers sent.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/11/09 10:52 PM

What a tragedy, sorry to hear of this.

Posted By: B G Racing

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/11/09 10:55 PM

There is truth in "the good die young" addage.We watched him at Norwalk this year,a great young racer.Our thoughts go out to his family and friends.
Posted By: cudarex

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/11/09 10:57 PM

So sorry to hear such news. God bless his family during this difficult time.
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/11/09 10:59 PM

Posted By: DartGirl68

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/11/09 11:00 PM

I just talked to him 2 weeks ago, and he seemed fine. I am in complete shock. RIP Andrew..
Posted By: GORacing

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/11/09 11:19 PM

I've known the Dombroski family for a long time. Andrew was a awesome racer and a wonderful person. Norwalk wont be the same without him. Godspeed bro.
Posted By: Verns Daughter

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/11/09 11:21 PM

Wow this is such a loss to the racing community, I raced with Andrew a few times and got to talk to him at norwalk, such an amazing racer. RIP Andrew, you will be missed
Posted By: flyingproudracin

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/11/09 11:36 PM

Godspeed my friend. Taken way too early. Andrew always took the time to talk to and help my son, Lee, with his junior dragster, and for that I am forever greatful. A true Champion, that we will never forget. Please keep Grandpa Denny and all the knew Andrew in your prayers.

Tim, Debbi, and Lee Newmeyer
B'laster Racing
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/11/09 11:49 PM

What a tradegy....Godspeed to Andrew....we sometimes have to struggle to understand why some of the young leave us so early...be glad you knew him and called him a friend...treasure those memories...he left them for you.
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/11/09 11:50 PM

I've seen the car every weekend but never got the opportunity to meet him.

This is very sad news indeed. My prayers are with his family.
Posted By: blown572dart

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/11/09 11:53 PM

Posted By: triplenickel

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/11/09 11:54 PM

Godspeed Andrew and condolences to his family and friends for their loss.
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/12/09 12:02 AM

sorry to hear this,,,,
does anyone have a picture of the car he raced,,,i am sure i have seen it before ?

Posted By: abodiesonly1

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/12/09 12:23 AM

Quote:

sorry to hear this,,,,
does anyone have a picture of the car he raced,,,i am sure i have seen it before ?

Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/12/09 12:29 AM

thanks,,,,yup,,,i recall the car,,,,very sad.......

Posted By: eddie_ccevents

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/12/09 01:01 AM

This is unbelieveable. I heard the new around 3 today and can't get it out of my mind. Will give the boys a extra hug and kiss tonight cause you never know.
I heard alot about Andrew before this years Norwalk event and enjoyed watching him from the tower he was a talented young man. His family will be in my prayers.
Posted By: 10 o to go

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/12/09 01:13 AM

Another post it's just sad to hear this ,but as many can say MOPARTS members are a great bunch friends .

Sorry to hear this loss now
Don
Posted By: modified1090

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/12/09 01:23 AM

Quote:

Godspeed Andrew and condolences to his family and friends for their loss.

i did not know him personally, but when i read the name the first thing that came to mind was "he was a tough racer". he will truly be missed and never forgotten. our prayers go out to his family
Posted By: whiskeyrunner

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/12/09 01:44 AM

Andrew was such a good friend. im so happy that i knew him and got to hangout with him. he was a true champion....racing was his life...and it won't be the same without you. i love and miss you buddy...
Posted By: b1headman

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/12/09 01:56 AM

Godspeed Andrew you will be missed by so many freinds. Words can't express the loss.Our prayers go out to the rest of the family in this tough time.
Posted By: MrBelvedere

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/12/09 02:00 AM

I spent quite a few Sunday's this summer at 42 and Andrew was always puting guys on the trailer. Very good racer. I never did meet him but I was always cheering him on. Prayers to the family.

Posted By: moparguy7074

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/12/09 02:05 AM

Posted By: B1KILLER

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/12/09 02:11 AM

R.I.P.
Posted By: Dartman928

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/12/09 02:13 AM

Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/12/09 02:33 AM

I knew him personally and chatted with him online occasionally. At least he got that track championship he was after. He went out swinging thats for sure. This is just a tragedy on more than just the racing level as he was a great kid and had a bright future ahead of him in whatever endeavor he was to take on. I am very sad to hear this news and my thoughts and prayers are with his family!
Posted By: Wicked49670dart

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/12/09 03:32 AM

R.I.P
Posted By: ajcasini

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/12/09 03:35 AM

Just a sad day. I cant believe this. I knew Andrew and raced with him a few times a year for the past several. It was always a bright spot to him and his grand pap at the races.

You will be truly missed. Just not fair but you will be watching over and riding along with us all.
Posted By: wyoming

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/12/09 03:56 AM

Posted By: StrokerAspen

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/12/09 04:02 AM

That is terrible... RIP
Posted By: Bigbeep

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/12/09 04:33 AM

Godspeed Andrew
You will be missed.
You are a champion in every sense of the word.
You and your family will be in our prayers.

Posted By: JohnRR

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/12/09 04:38 AM

Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 11/12/09 05:17 AM

Posted By: cudasteve68

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/12/09 06:22 AM

I was more then lucky to be able to not only race "big" cars with Andrew, but I also was lucky to race slot cars in the winter months with him as well in Attica. Sad day indeed.
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/12/09 07:35 AM

Very sad. Being Only a couple weeks over 22 myself and having lost a couple close friends at a young age, this hits home hard. Whenever I'm at the track, all the local younger racers, we all know each other, talk and hang out after the races.I'm glad to hear he got that championship he wanted, I'm sure his family will forever be proud of him and what he did.
I can't imagine not being here tomorrow, it really makes you think. RIP buddy ...
Posted By: 3ddart

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/12/09 01:13 PM

r.i.p prayers to the family!
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/12/09 03:04 PM

How very sad.
RIP
Posted By: JoWeTu_6

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/12/09 03:18 PM

Sorry to hear that, GOD be with him and his family
Posted By: OhioGTX

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/12/09 03:31 PM

My thoughts and prayers to Andrews' family and friends. I grew up racing with Denny, his grandfather and was realy impressed with Andrews driving ability. God Bless.
Posted By: Duster3105

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/12/09 03:43 PM

Very sad news, Prayers sent

Rick....
Posted By: Lil Demon

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/12/09 04:29 PM

Very sad. Thoughts and prayers to all involved.
Posted By: super451b

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/12/09 07:53 PM

Posted By: VernMotor

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/12/09 10:44 PM

A pic of andrew

Attached picture 5601213-AndrewDombroskiFB200x266.jpg
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/12/09 11:41 PM

young man...RIP Andrew..

Posted By: REHBERGERRACING

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/12/09 11:49 PM

I remember seeing that car at Norwalk.
Thats pretty sad.
R.I.P.
Posted By: MaxWedge65

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/13/09 12:38 AM

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Andrew's family and friends.

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/13/09 12:41 AM

No word on a funeral yet. Andrew wanted to be an organ donor so his body is still at the hospital while they take care of that. Generous and a class A person to the end.
Posted By: Airgrabber

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/13/09 02:30 AM

So sorry to hear this. May GOD bless his family.
Posted By: DartGirl68

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/13/09 02:41 AM

This one has hit me really hard..

Attached picture 5601647-meandandrew.jpg

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/13/09 11:57 AM

Quote:

This one has hit me really hard..

The local racing community is in shock. He's going to be missed...
Posted By: cudasteve68

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/13/09 05:00 PM

From NRP website 11/13/09......

Andrew Dombroski Update
November 13, 2009

We have some preliminary information concerning Andrew. Due to the fact that he chose to be an organ donor, he has not yet left the hospital. Andrew’s grandfather, “Mouse”, said there were as yet no plans for a funeral, but possibly a ceremony after the fact. As most of you are aware, Mouse spent almost every weekend at the track with Andrew. For those who wish to forward your condolences, we have two addresses to consider.

Andrew’s mother - 279 Hillsdale Circle Wadsworth OH 44281-1086

Andrew’s grandfather - 389 High St. Wadsworth, Ohio 44281
Posted By: MrMoparRacing

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/13/09 06:19 PM

I still can't believe that he's gone! He was such a nice guy and a good racer! I've raced against him and announced for him! He would race at Summit Motorsports Park on Wednesday's in anything that he could get his hands on, Saturday's in his Grandpa's GTX, and Sunday's at Dragway 42 with the GTX. He truely loved racing and being at the track! If Andrew was in front of you or behind you in the lanes you knew that you would have to try and saw the Christmas tree down as he would be on his game! I'm going to miss you buddy! Until we meet again at the dragstrip in the sky!
Posted By: ajcasini

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/13/09 07:02 PM

All Racer Barney Barnhart and BullDog Graphics are helping out Andrews family by selling delcals. Here is the information.

In memory of the late Andrew "Drew" Dombroski I am putting a "Decal" together for all of us to remember him and the sport that he loved so much. With the help from Bull Dog who is feverishly trying to put them together for me. I will be selling the decals for $20.00 per pair. You can pay more if you like. 100% of the money will go to Drew's family to help off set their bills. There will only be 500 of these and you can take the two, one or none for your $20.00 contribution.
Drew at only 20 years young had touched many, many life's and all have been in a positive way and that is incredible to say the least. Drew loved to be at the race track and around racers. It was his life and it was what meant the most to him. I for one believe if Drew would have stayed with us he would have became one of the "elite" racers of his time. He already was a track champion at only 20 years young and had won many races. There are people that race for many years that never accomplish what Drew did in his shout career. Again please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers through these ruff times. And remember; Drew was a champion, a believer, fun loving and most of all a friend who will now watch over us. You can send you check or money orders to me and I guarantee your decals as soon as I get them.
God speed my friend!
Barney & Penny Barnhart
129 Seville Rd.
Wadsworth, Ohio 44281

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/13/09 07:28 PM

For those of you who don't know Barney, I'll vouch for him. He's a great guy for doing this.

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/13/09 08:56 PM

For those interested...from Barney again...

There will be a get together for Drew Tuesday the 17th at the Wadsworth Eagles. It will be from 5:00pm until 9:00pm.
The address is 9953 Rittman Rd., Wadsworth, Ohio 44281
Dress code is "Drag Race" Lets make Drew proud and show up for this memorial!
You can see me for decal payment there if you wish.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/15/09 12:01 AM

Ron I will be there and see you for a decal and make a much needed donation.This one hits close to home as I have been watching them race that car for years.This is a time we need to come together and pitch in to help the family with the bills.
Gus
Posted By: BuckeyeBrawler

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/15/09 02:19 AM

Our thoughts and prayers are with Andrew and the Dombroski family as they go through this difficult time. Godspeed Andrew

Donny & Dianna Johnson
Buckeye Brawler Racing
Posted By: 72blubird

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/15/09 04:10 AM

So sorry for all who knew him. He sounds like the kind of racer I would have liked to known.
Peace to his family and friends
Posted By: Bratt Racing

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/15/09 02:38 PM

Wow what a shock Melissa was telling us about Drew. Our prayers go out to his family too. He was a close friend of Melissa's just like a few other racers. Picture of Melissa and Andrew Halloween Classic few years ago attached. Second close racer friend that young she has lost in one year. The other one was only 18 yrs old. Makes me want to hug her and Chasity a lot more these days. I'm so thankful to have two such wonderful daughters that have made some many close racer friends over the years. They are all good young men and women. RIP Andrew from the Kwast family.

Attached picture 5606101-n744170088_7676.jpg

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/15/09 03:19 PM

Quote:

Ron I will be there and see you for a decal and make a much needed donation.This one hits close to home as I have been watching them race that car for years.This is a time we need to come together and pitch in to help the family with the bills.
Gus

I copied that from Barney Barnhart...he's handling it all. See you Tuesday.

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/15/09 03:23 PM

Akron Beacon Journal 11/15/09
Andrew J. Dombroski, 20, of Wadsworth passed away after a sudden illness Wednesday, November 11, 2009.

He was born February 1, 1989. Andrew was a life long resident of Wadsworth, and attended Wadsworth High School.

He is survived by his mother, Heather Dombroski; brother, Colin Landals; grandfather, Denny Dombroski; great aunt, Penny VanDuzer; aunt and uncle, Tawnya and Brian Simonds; cousin, Brandon Dombroski; grandparents, Jenny and Butch Bittner of Pittsburg; father, Jason Shelly; grandparents, Tim and Carol Shelly; grandmother, Linda Shelly; brother and sister, Stacey and Dillon Shelly; uncle, Brad Shelly; special friends, Marc Landals, Randy Biddle Jr., Cori Alfman, Barney Barnhart, and his whole racing family.

Andrew was an avid drag racer who practically grew up on the drag strip. Andrew's racing accomplishments include; 2005 Rookie of the Year at Dragway 42, 2005 and 2007 Iron Man Classic Champion at Dragway 42, 2006 Sport Compact Champ at Norwalk Raceway, 2007 Wed Night Grand Champ at Norwalk Raceway, 2007 Oldsmobile Nationals 1st Place, 2009 Wind It Tight Track Champion at Dragway 42, and 2009 Halloween Thing No Box Champ, plus many more.

The family will receive friends 5 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at the Wadsworth Eagles, 9953 Rittman Rd., Wadsworth, where a celebration of Andrew's life will be held at 7 p.m. Eulogy by Mike Imhoff from God Speed Ministry. Please dress like a day at the races, and snacks and beverages will be provided for friends and family.

In true fashion to Andrew's generosity, he was an organ donor- his spirit will forever live on. Please make memorial donations to the Hilliard-Rospert Funeral Home, to help with final expenses, or to Denny Dombroski. Hilliard-Rospert, (330-334-1501) www.HilliardRospert.com
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: More sad new...this time its a young gun... - 11/18/09 01:53 AM

I attended the HUGE gathering tonight and I must say I cant remember see such a huge gathering of drag racers away from the track.
The amount of trophies this young champion had collected was staggering to say the least.He had been a champion in almost every kind of car he competed in.It was very humbling to see so much success from young racer in a career that was cut way to short.The drag racing world has been cheated out of a great future talent
RIP Drew
Gus
© 2024 Moparts Forums