Re: Progress Pics of the Holy Hemi Car - 11/11/09 11:46 PM

Details please...
Posted By: Challenger

Re: Progress Pics of the Holy Hemi Car - 11/12/09 12:12 AM

Is there an engine behind that TURBO?
Posted By: Defbob

Re: Progress Pics of the Holy Hemi Car - 11/12/09 12:16 AM

Uh oh, Darren, they stole your hood

Looks awesome. That should be one mean car. He should make that an Outlaw 10.5 car instead of a street car.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Progress Pics of the Holy Hemi Car - 11/12/09 12:33 AM

Holy Sheeeeeeeeet man

Details please

Russ
Posted By: Chad Bittle

Re: Progress Pics of the Holy Hemi Car - 11/12/09 12:35 AM

Quote:

Holy Sheeeeeeeeet man

Details please

Russ

That response would be why he named it Holy Hemi, haha.
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 11/12/09 12:57 AM

Posted By: dragula426

Re: Progress Pics of the Holy Hemi Car - 11/12/09 02:49 AM

holy frikken crap batman!!
Posted By: B1KILLER

Re: Progress Pics of the Holy Hemi Car - 11/12/09 02:51 AM

Damm
Posted By: MrBelvedere

Re: Progress Pics of the Holy Hemi Car - 11/12/09 02:59 AM

Wow, that's tough lookin'
Posted By: Big_Fish

Re: Progress Pics of the Holy Hemi Car - 11/12/09 04:23 AM

..NOT a turbo.crank driven PROCHARGER.

Excuse my ignorance, but can anyone expand on how a crank driven procharger gets set-up? What other internal mods need made? Special Crank etc., or a link to a good source that I could read up on it. Looks impressive, giant lung.
Adam
Posted By: joshking440

Re: Progress Pics of the Holy Hemi Car - 11/12/09 04:33 AM

Well, its basically a modified quick change rearend that couples the headunit to the crank. The only real mod that is recommended is a double key-wayed crank
Posted By: Topher

Re: Progress Pics of the Holy Hemi Car - 11/12/09 05:35 PM

I need to go change my britches now......
Posted By: 69MOPE

Re: Progress Pics of the Holy Hemi Car - 11/12/09 06:17 PM

I don't think the cowl scoop is big enough!
Posted By: SMRE Performance

Re: Progress Pics of the Holy Hemi Car - 11/12/09 06:44 PM

Quote:

..NOT a turbo.crank driven PROCHARGER.

Excuse my ignorance, but can anyone expand on how a crank driven procharger gets set-up? What other internal mods need made? Special Crank etc., or a link to a good source that I could read up on it. Looks impressive, giant lung.
Adam

Feel free to browse our site www.smreperformance.com
If you don't find the answers that you looking for don't be shy about shooting an e-mail over for more specifics, even if it's just out of curiousity.
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: Progress Pics of the Holy Hemi Car - 11/12/09 07:09 PM

Wow man,

I have good pains in bad places now. Im afraid to get up to get coffee, might be indecent..

THATS VERY NASTY LOOKING!!!!!!

Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: Progress Pics of the Holy Hemi Car - 11/12/09 07:15 PM

Very cool, BA car! Seriously, that thing is sure to be an intimidating monster on the street or strip

Now, about that cowl hood....How do I say this with a respectful tone?.......Ok, here we go....Is that John Boat sized Cowl hood that overpowers every other aspect of the cars outward appearances (which is allot of overpowering when discusing a Daytona!) staying on the car? Or is that just a mock up until you get a different design (say, something less "Chevyish" ) worked out?

Posted By: Kam*Kuda

Re: Progress Pics of the Holy Hemi Car - 11/12/09 07:26 PM

Wow
Posted By: 72Challenger

Re: Progress Pics of the Holy Hemi Car - 11/12/09 08:24 PM

Quote:

Very cool, BA car! Seriously, that thing is sure to me an intimidating monster on the street or strip

Now, about that cowl hood....How do I say this with a respectful tone?.......Ok, here we go....Is that John Boat sized Cowl hood that overpowers every other aspect of the cars outward appearances (which is allot of overpowering when discusing a Daytona!) staying on the car? Or is that just a mock up until you get a different design (say, something less "Chevyish" ) worked out?

Just plain BA this !!

Have to agree though with Scott's comment, that hood just doesn't do any justice to the rest of the car's appearing. Would know what else to use though... If you HAVE to use a cowl maybe change the front of the cowl so it follows more the lines of the nose?
Posted By: B1Fish540

Re: Progress Pics of the Holy Hemi Car - 11/12/09 08:45 PM

Have to agree, the cowl hood is not the prettiest..the other purple charger with the N/A B1 motor is better, iirc.
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: Progress Pics of the Holy Hemi Car - 11/12/09 08:56 PM

The MONDO coul wouldnt be as bad if it went farther back to the windshield, but there are way better lookin "mopar" hood scoops out there...

Id still drive it.

Kasey
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: Progress Pics of the Holy Hemi Car - 11/12/09 11:38 PM

WICKED!!!
Posted By: modified1090

Re: Progress Pics of the Holy Hemi Car - 11/13/09 12:15 AM

Quote:

Have to agree, the cowl hood is not the prettiest..the other purple charger with the N/A B1 motor is better, iirc.

is this thing going to be on the street?who needs that much hp on the street?
still cool
i'm jealous
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 11/13/09 12:20 AM

Posted By: scottydog

Re: Progress Pics of the Holy Hemi Car - 11/13/09 04:26 AM

SMRE, nice work. Is that for a "total" streetcar ? What state is the car going to ? Get some fire core wires on that thing. I thought I read you guys used them. Looks like a 7 second street car. Beauty work to both shops.
Posted By: Big_Fish

Re: Progress Pics of the Holy Hemi Car - 11/15/09 08:20 PM

Feel free to browse our site www.smreperformance.com
If you don't find the answers that you looking for don't be shy about shooting an e-mail over for more specifics, even if it's just out of curiousity.

ThanX for the link. Very impressive way to obtain some big HP on pump gas. My gears are turning for my next build.

Re: Progress Pics of the Holy Hemi Car - 11/17/09 06:31 PM

Quote:

SMRE, nice work. Is that for a "total" streetcar ? What state is the car going to ? Get some fire core wires on that thing. I thought I read you guys used them. Looks like a 7 second street car. Beauty work to both shops.

This customer ordered it to be 1800 on Pump gas and 2000 on race gas. We did the pump gas tune up first and it made over 2000 on the first pull. So, after a serious de-tune, it left out of here about where he requested. His intention was for it to be a street/strip car. To tell you the truth, I don't think this one got the Firecore wires, for some reason. But, we do use Firecore on the house car which is currently a SS/AH car...but that just might be evolving into something else very soon..stay tuned.

Re: Progress Pics of the Holy Hemi Car - 11/17/09 06:33 PM

Also, I forgot to mention the car is currently in Florida.
© 2024 Moparts Forums