Moparts

Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ?

Posted By: bigdad

Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/02/09 11:13 PM

Thought we should show a bit of rememberance to a famous guy and car with Mopar heritage that doesn't get mentioned often enough

Attached picture 5582454-jimmy78.jpg

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/02/09 11:14 PM

Just before his passing

Attached picture 5582457-jimmyrip.jpg

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/02/09 11:15 PM

write up

Attached picture 5582459-jimmywords.jpg

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/02/09 11:17 PM

Bullet in 69

Attached picture 5582465-bullet69.jpg

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/02/09 11:17 PM

bullet in 70

Attached picture 5582468-bullet70.jpg

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/02/09 11:18 PM

last shot

Attached picture 5582469-JIMMY-ADDISON.jpg

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/02/09 11:22 PM

Lets see if you can read it this way

[image][/image]
Posted By: Darrell

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/02/09 11:23 PM

One of my favorite cars ever!!!

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/02/09 11:25 PM

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/02/09 11:26 PM

Just some various pics, enjoy them for just that history buffs

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/02/09 11:27 PM

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/02/09 11:28 PM

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/02/09 11:30 PM

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/02/09 11:31 PM

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/02/09 11:32 PM

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/02/09 11:33 PM

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/02/09 11:34 PM

Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/02/09 11:48 PM

Love that car !!

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/02/09 11:50 PM

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/02/09 11:51 PM

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/02/09 11:52 PM

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/02/09 11:52 PM

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/02/09 11:53 PM

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/02/09 11:54 PM

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/02/09 11:54 PM

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/02/09 11:55 PM

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/02/09 11:56 PM

Posted By: CrazyD

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/02/09 11:56 PM

Never knew the man, but had an article from 1972 showing Jimmy as a young man. Gettin old is not fun...

Sorry it's a poor picture...

Attached picture 5582574-007.jpg

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/02/09 11:57 PM

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/02/09 11:59 PM

Does anyone have a "good" pic of the logo used on the plate ?

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/03/09 12:00 AM

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/03/09 12:01 AM

cool pic

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/03/09 12:22 AM

looks like the standard 1970 logo, only with blue letters

Attached picture 5582627-1970_Plymouth_Makes_It-01.jpg
Posted By: Frito

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/03/09 12:26 AM

Quote:

Check out the buckled quarters. Traction & power! this is one of the cars that got me interested in Mopars!!
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/03/09 12:36 AM

Frito,

The quarters were not buckling, they were (rather crudely) modified to accomodate the fat tires.

Can anyone confirm which of these posted pics on this thread are of the real car or the fake one? I know there is one that is the original body (the only "real" Silver Bullit IMO) and then there's a clone claiming to have the original engine in it (the fake one IMO).
Posted By: sixpakdodge

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/03/09 12:44 AM

Quote:

Just some various pics, enjoy them for just that history buffs

This is the fake one with the supposed "original" engine.

The rest are Harold's real deal Silver Bullet.
Posted By: CrAzYMoPaRGuY

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/03/09 12:49 AM

Jimmy Addison and the Silver Bullet are legendary for sure.
I'm sure they made impressions on thousands of people when they were out roaming the streets....

Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/03/09 01:12 AM

I saw the Bullet in person at that track rental at Milan in Sept. 2005, and made my very first pass down the dragstrip against it.
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/03/09 01:35 AM

I loved that car! At the time that car was in magazines I was tooling the streets in my silver GTX, of course it was about 4 seconds slower than the Bullet was.

Sheldon

Attached picture 5582801-oldmopar5.jpg
Posted By: 383man

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/03/09 01:46 AM

Thanks for the cool pics Big. I have a Car Craft from around 1970 with a street race at the track and the Bullet was there as was a 62 Maxie style Mopar. Also had a 442 and a few other GM cars and of course the Bullet cleaned house. I gotta dig that up. When I was growing up the Bullet was the Mopar that won it all on the street just like Sox & Martin won just about everything on the track. Oh that was a great time to be a Mopar lover. Ron
Posted By: SCATPK

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/03/09 02:10 AM

Here is an old article I have mounted on the wall in my room.

Attached picture 5582894-silver1.jpg
Posted By: REHBERGERRACING

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/03/09 02:24 AM

Quote:

Love that car !!

Same here!!!! Great pictures.
Posted By: DusterDog

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/03/09 03:09 AM

Quote:

looks like the standard 1970 logo, only with blue letters

Hey CrazyD, check your PM's, I sent you one.
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/03/09 03:10 AM

Quote:

I loved that car! At the time that car was in magazines I was tooling the streets in my silver GTX, of course it was about 4 seconds slower than the Bullet was.

My story is about the same, when I was 19 I bought my first Hemi car, a silver 67 GTX, man I sure had allot of fun with that car! I sold it many moons ago and have missed it ever since. The good news is that the original owner now has it back and it's fully restored and looking good! Here it is when I was reunited with it at the 1996 Pacific Nationals in Las Vegas.

Attached picture 5583031-67gtx.jpg
Posted By: unknown

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/03/09 03:53 AM

Yes cool car indeed, A lot of old timers in the Royal Oak,Berkley, Birmigham area sure remember that car sitting at that gas station on Woodward. Oh yea, the good old days.
Posted By: 72demon416

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/03/09 04:30 AM

Most definitely a cool car with a cool history
Posted By: maxie

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/03/09 04:45 AM

Posted By: maxie

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/03/09 04:46 AM

[IMG]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p20/real426maxwedge/woodward/woodward2008070.jpg[/IMG]
Posted By: Sinitro

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/03/09 05:16 AM

Here is link to a neat site about the Silver Bullet...

http://www.silverbulletgtx.com/photos/pics.html

Just my $0.015...
Posted By: mike s

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/03/09 06:13 AM

Truly an amazing car.I saw the car run many times and still to this day I believe that the car was much faster than anyone knew.I saw the car run with the 4500's and the Weiand tunnel ram also. (10.00 at Detroit and the next day at Milan 9.99 thru the mufflers).Remember this was with a 4:56 gear and a TF. It was not on kill at all. When you beat several solid 10.0-10.20 cars by several bus lengths you know it had something left.Topper is he could drive it around for hours ,line up and run like it just was tuned.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/03/09 01:21 PM

Quote:

Truly an amazing car.I saw the car run many times and still to this day I believe that the car was much faster than anyone knew.I saw the car run with the 4500's and the Weiand tunnel ram also. (10.00 at Detroit and the next day at Milan 9.99 thru the mufflers).Remember this was with a 4:56 gear and a TF. It was not on kill at all. When you beat several solid 10.0-10.20 cars by several bus lengths you know it had something left.Topper is he could drive it around for hours ,line up and run like it just was tuned.

Is it true that it never got beat? I think it'd been cooler if Harold would have restored the engine compartment and exhaust to how it would have looked then.......

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/03/09 06:50 PM

Was Jimmy ever was beaten? Some say yes,some say no.I never saw it but I wasn't at every race either.Rumor has it that he was beat once.I doubt it but if the rumor is true I am pretty sure I know who it might have been.One thing I know for sure was he was very selective if he did not know the car.He had to be selective as GM and Ford had several "projects" out there trying to dethrone him as the King of Woodward.He raced all comers but not till he had a least an idea of how fast the car was.I really don't mind if the car is not exact as raced.Harold has my respect for actually showing his collection over the years and sharing it with the Mopar community.
Posted By: dc426

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/03/09 09:11 PM

I can honestly say that when I first heard of this car in the early 80's it was my favorite car of all time. Still is.
Posted By: jt4406

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/03/09 09:40 PM

Crazy D !!!!! Do you have any more of that article or the pics that were with it??!! That's the one I remember from back in the day. I read (and loved) it before I ever heard of the Bullet. When the car surfaced a few years ago, I always thought (but didn't know for sure) that it was the same car I had read about so many years ago. I would love to get copies of that article! Do you know where or how I may?

Attached picture 5584506-SilverBulletArticle.jpg
Posted By: 440dart

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/03/09 10:09 PM

Quote:

Was Jimmy ever was beaten? Some say yes,some say no.I never saw it but I wasn't at every race either.Rumor has it that he was beat once.I doubt it but if the rumor is true I am pretty sure I know who it might have been.One thing I know for sure was he was very selective if he did not know the car.He had to be selective as GM and Ford had several "projects" out there trying to dethrone him as the King of Woodward.He raced all comers but not till he had a least an idea of how fast the car was.I really don't mind if the car is not exact as raced.Harold has my respect for actually showing his collection over the years and sharing it with the Mopar community.

I believe the once you are talking about is by a certain HEMI powered, Lenco trans, Challenger owned and driven by Steve Lisk

Attached picture 5584580-hrdp_0801_03_z+top_100_hot_rods+.jpg

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/03/09 11:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I believe the once you are talking about is by a certain HEMI powered, Lenco trans, Challenger owned and driven by Steve Lisk

I remember the Challenger but I don't recall seeing it run.I had heard that rumor but more often heard one about a certain Pro Stock Mustang that used to be cannon fodder when the big boy Match race cars came to town.I never believed that one because I had never seen it run as fast as Jim.If you recall the next Silver Bullet was never finished and would have been close to running in the 8's with a Lenco etc etc.

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/03/09 11:26 PM

I heard the Booth & Aron's bigblock Camaro just got by Jimmy and the bullet once. But I also heard they raced again and the bullet got him. Ron

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/04/09 12:10 AM

I remember the car(white one)out of Booth-Arons very well.He was a customer and one of the project cars.He was about the fastest street Camaro around at the time.Saw them race more than once but never saw him beat Jim. Like I said it may have happened a different night. Did see Jim race Andy Mannarino's (of pro stock fame) 70 Camaro. No race at all, Andy was speechless. Another great story was the race with Harold Martin's(pro mod)dad's Chevy II race car.All in all,the Bullet was very impressive.
Posted By: chryco

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/04/09 12:20 AM

Article from Car Craft ...unfortunately too small to read $#^$#^ !!!

Attached picture 5584929-p4459_image_small.jpg
Posted By: 52savoy

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/04/09 01:06 AM

He was my hero in the early years also... I just started on my '67 HEMI Belvedere "Silver Bullet" tribute car.

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/04/09 01:29 AM

Poor scans but here they are

Attached picture 5585098-page1.jpg

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/04/09 01:30 AM

page2

Attached picture 5585101-page2.jpg

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/04/09 01:31 AM

page 3

Attached picture 5585104-page3.jpg

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/04/09 01:33 AM

page 4

Attached picture 5585112-page4.jpg

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/04/09 01:35 AM

page 5

Attached picture 5585119-page5.jpg
Posted By: MikeyT

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/04/09 01:42 AM

Wow as impressive as it is, its more impressive he did it with a 8 3/4 rear end.

Mike
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/04/09 01:47 AM

That's an awesome article.......THANKS for sharing.........
Posted By: topbrent

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/04/09 07:27 AM

These are from a Car Craft feature a few years back:
Posted By: dOoC

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/04/09 07:46 AM

The above pics .... Why HS did not make it "correct" is beyond me.

The exhaust system that is on the car in that pic is NOT EVEN CLOSE to being "original".

I owned that car for a year or so ... bought it with a max-wedge (in parts) and NEW extended opening (non-bulged)quarter panels. It never looked "right".

I would have NEVER sold it for what I did .. if it had had the original 1/4's on it.
Posted By: jt4406

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/04/09 10:31 AM

Thanks Crazy D!,

jt

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/04/09 04:44 PM

If you look close at that pic from the headers back, you can see the four muffler system. Unless my eyes are deceiving me?
Posted By: Steve1118

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/04/09 05:51 PM

The word was he used four Cadillac mufflers.

That car is legendary. Everyone, I mean everyone back in the day was aware of it.

From what I know, it was actually a factory backed racer, but titled to Jim Addison to keep the factory out of it, legally. The Detroit Free Press was nebbing around, looking for some kind of "expose'" to reveal the the Big Three messing around with street racing. Hoover tells me that they took great pains to CYOA.
Posted By: 52savoy

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/04/09 07:53 PM

Quote:

The word was he used four Cadillac mufflers.

That's what Car Craft Magazine had him using...

When I bought my first HEMI car it had 4 mufflers on it..just like Addison's. It was being raced in pure stock at that time at NTR. I got pulled over in it for it being to loud and forced to take it and get it inspected. Needless to say the mufflers came off.
I was curious about the rear-end that was used. Nice seeing an 8 3/4" in it.

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/04/09 09:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I remember the Challenger but I don't recall seeing it run.I had heard that rumor but more often heard one about a certain Pro Stock Mustang that used to be cannon fodder when the big boy Match race cars came to town.I never believed that one because I had never seen it run as fast as Jim.If you recall the next Silver Bullet was never finished and would have been close to running in the 8's with a Lenco etc etc.

I don't remember the mustang, but I do remember a white Thunderbolt, that was suppossed to run 9's, never saw it run anybody allways just sitting. I saw Lisks Challenger run 9.44 at Milan in I'd guess about 1979. Those were the days!
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/04/09 10:41 PM

I've been to Detroit quite a few times and sat down with the family members of some of the Highland park gang of engineers who claimed to have run a few times against the Ford boyz with a white Fairlane of some type off of the plant road there.
But it was with one of the Super stock A864 pedigrees not the BULLET.
The Bullet must have been deemed the [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] child of covert Factory racing.
I love street race mules, some come in Blue, then Silver and some times in pure BLACK.....
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/04/09 10:45 PM

Oakland Avenue was the street next to the plant. Long and wide.

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/04/09 10:57 PM

Quote:

Oakland Avenue was the street next to the plant. Long and wide.

I now work where that plant once stood. Coca Cola at the Oakland industrial park.
Posted By: vcummins

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/05/09 12:03 AM

The bullet is A fun car to drive.

The Lisk challenger was my car back in 1988 it was A fun ride to 9.30 threw the fuffs.
Posted By: moprod

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/05/09 03:20 AM

I too owned the Lisk car for a few years. Anyone know where it is now?

Attached picture 5587163-Scan4.jpg

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/05/09 03:22 AM

And a earlier shot,

Attached picture 5587168-lisk.JPG

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/05/09 03:45 AM

What track was that second pic taken at?

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/05/09 05:13 AM

Mountain Park in Kentucky
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/05/09 05:16 PM

A friend of mine in Warren, Ohio bought the Challenger (minus engine and lenco) off of Lisk shortly after the car appeared at the Street Machine Nationals at Indy. I don't remember what year that was. Late 70's? He put a crossram Hemi and 727 in it along with a T/A hood in place of the Tunnelram hood.

The car was repainted after thieves broke into his garage and stole his tools. They dragged his tool boxes over the front of the car to get to the window. He was heart broken. He said he would have left his tools out in the driveway if it would have kept these kids away from the car. I think he only drove it a couple of times after the repaint and then it sat for a few years.

We lost track of the car after he sold it. Did either of you buy it from him? I think he might still have the engine and trans that he had in the car and if I remember correctly the Lisk engine and trans went into Lisk's brother's car. It's too bad the Lisk Challenger seems to have disappeared into obscurity. I concider it one of the pioneers of the ProStreet movement.

Here's a little trivia I have never seen printed anywhere. Mike Fons built the car for Steve out of a bunch of parts salvaged from a wrecked Prostock Colt. That's why the ladder bars where so short.
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/05/09 08:11 PM

I thought the Lisk Challenger was in TX, maybe Houston, owned by a Moparts member.

Found him, he hasn't posted on Moparts in 3 years.
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...ge=1&topic=

Here's is the pic in his sig.
Posted By: Frito

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/05/09 09:26 PM

Quote:

I thought the Lisk Challenger was in TX, maybe Houston, owned by a Moparts member.

That pic appears to be Mountian Park (Clay City) as well
!!!

Attached File
5588280-64maxwedge@Bristol.bmp  (550 downloads)
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/05/09 09:43 PM

Going by the pics that moprod posted, it has the older stripe layout.
I just seem to recall in a post that he had the car and posted a current pic, it doesn't have the same paint on it any longer.
This was all 4-5 years ago, the post is gone to double check so I may have it wrong.

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/05/09 09:55 PM

I bought the car from John, who you were refering too. It had the tunnel ram hood on it when I bought it.
I bought it as a rolling car. I put the TA hood on it and painted the stripes. If I only knew then what I know now.

That burnout picture is one that I posted long ago when someone was asking about the car. Taken by a friend of mine.
Without a doubt, The Bullet and the Challenger will be long remembered in Mopar history.

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/05/09 10:21 PM

Quote:

Some time ago there was a guy here from Texas who wanted to Clone the Lisk Challenger and was looking for information. That's probably him. If it is then I set him up to call John and he never did. I never saw him back on Moparts either so I think he may have just joined to ask about the car and never came back.

EDIT: I looked back at my notes and it is not the same person so 71Challenger may in fact have owned the car.

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/05/09 10:39 PM

John still doing ok? I think he had a F body car in the garage with the Challenger when I was there.

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/05/09 11:31 PM

Quote:

I don't remember the mustang, but I do remember a white Thunderbolt, that was suppossed to run 9's, never saw it run anybody allways just sitting. I saw Lisks Challenger run 9.44 at Milan in I'd guess about 1979. Those were the days!

DON'T know much about a Pro Stock Mustang or a white Thunderbolt ... but why has no one mentioned anything about that silver Mustang II ?

The one featured in CC and HR mags .... built by Jack Roush, twin-turbo aluminum Can-Am motor ... that Andy Mannarino said pulled-HARDER in high-gear than his Pro-Stock car.

I rode in that car ... it was SCARY fast ! Oh ... and it "featured" a custom Mister Fiberglass hood !!
Posted By: RATPATROL

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/06/09 12:00 AM

i remember lisks challenger and the silver mustang 2 at the nugget restaurant, orchard lake and 696,i believe they met thursday nights there, lisk was changing the spark plugs in the lot but i don't recall the race ever happened that night anyway. owner of the mustang name was ruggerello or something like that.

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/06/09 04:56 AM

Joe Ruggerillo....roger that. He knew Wayne Gapp and Jack Roush personally. HELLeva' guy...and the deepest wallet I have ever seen.

I knew Steve Lisk(still has a gas/service station at Square Lake and Telegraph..?) ... but I don't think that Steve wanted ANY PART of that Ford.

I don't think they ever gave-it-a-shot.

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/06/09 05:33 PM

made a trip to "Mister Fiberglass" once .
Picked up a 62 Plymouth hood from there.

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/06/09 07:01 PM

THX for the biz moprod !

When there ....were you WOWed by the resin and gel-coat fumes ?

..... just like was reported in a Car Craft article by another guy !!
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/06/09 07:58 PM

Quote:

Hi, new here. Is Mr. Fiberglass still in business? Eric ?? I believe his name was. Bought '62 hood, trunk, bumpers from hiim years ago. Lost track of him.
Posted By: SILVER67

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/08/09 02:31 AM

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/09/09 05:10 PM

Quote:

John still doing ok? I think he had a F body car in the garage with the Challenger when I was there.

John's fine. I saw him the last time I drove my Cuda. About 4 or 5 weeks ago. The F body is his brothers. He bought it new and it is a very low milage Aspen RT. I doubt if it is still there. They had a bit of a falling out.
John does still have his A12 SuperBee though. It is for sale. Don't know how much he wants for it ($$$$$$). If he sells that one he won't have any toys left. He has talked a little about doing a 68 Hemi Cuda Clone. Maybe thats why the A12 is for sale.

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 11/09/09 05:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Hi, new here. Is Mr. Fiberglass still in business? Eric ?? I believe his name was. Bought '62 hood, trunk, bumpers from hiim years ago. Lost track of him.

I believe he left the glass business about 30 years ago. I bought 2 hoods from him in the late 70's. When I saw him last he was building the ultimate sleeper. An all fiberglass Chrysler Imperial that he was going to put a big stroker engine in and go Street Racing. Wonder if it ever got finished and where it is today. I'm thinking that his name was Eric Hanson and I think I read somewhere that he owns Stage V Engineering. http://www.stagev.com/
Posted By: SuddenDeath

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 03/07/10 06:41 PM

Here is the Car & Driver article on these cars from 1976.

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 03/07/10 06:42 PM

Page 2

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 03/07/10 06:44 PM

Page 3

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 03/07/10 06:46 PM

Page 4

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 03/07/10 06:47 PM

Page 5

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 03/07/10 06:49 PM

Page 6

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 03/07/10 06:50 PM

Page 7

Posted By: Kiddart

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 03/07/10 08:39 PM

my son playing poparotzie!!!!

Attached picture 5850648-DSC00290.JPG

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 03/07/10 08:40 PM

another

Attached picture 5850649-DSC00291.JPG

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 03/07/10 08:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I believe he left the glass business about 30 years ago. I bought 2 hoods from him in the late 70's. When I saw him last he was building the ultimate sleeper. An all fiberglass Chrysler Imperial that he was going to put a big stroker engine in and go Street Racing. Wonder if it ever got finished and where it is today. I'm thinking that his name was Eric Hanson and I think I read somewhere that he owns Stage V Engineering. http://www.stagev.com/

GC ... I actually stopped production in the mid-90's to persue other automotive interests. As I have said previously ...I plan on REVIVING Mister Fiberglass in a warmer climate. Oh ..I am not any part of Stage V Engineering.

That Imperial ? .. I never did anything myself on that BUT DID help out Larry Peternel with his pro-stocker. He built the car totally HIMSELF ... and ran a best of 7.60's IIRC.

Tom ...Sudden Death ... GOOD STUFF

I was OUT THERE the night Yates was there

I left the Nugget at around 11am on Friday morning .... LONG nite/morning - LOTS of coffee

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 03/07/10 08:43 PM

another 1

Attached picture 5850653-DSC00292.JPG

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 03/07/10 08:44 PM

another 2

Attached picture 5850654-DSC00294.JPG

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 03/07/10 08:44 PM

another 4

Attached picture 5850656-DSC00295.JPG

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 03/07/10 09:59 PM

Sure hope I can get Sudden Death looking as good as the Bullet! At least close. I don't know how much detailing I'll do underneath, since it is going to get driven a bit. It has suffered from long term storage and neglect over the years, but no longer.

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 03/07/10 10:05 PM

Does anyone remember if Ruggirello's Mustang's fiberglass bumpers ever got painted body color, or did they stay pastel gray?
Posted By: MIKES_DUSTER

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 03/08/10 01:27 AM

Does anyone have any pics of the Silver Bullet when Mr. Sullivan bought it??

What motor/tranny was in it??

And HOW IN THE WORLD did he FIND it??

Oh yeah,after it was all rebuilt,what does it run??
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 03/08/10 01:52 AM

It was running 10's at Milan back in 2005 when I saw it.

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 03/09/10 08:52 PM

Can anyone please help me out with the bumpers on this car? I want to get it right.

I know they were gray when he first installed the glass bumpers, but did Joe ever have them painted to match the car?

Doc? Anyone?

Thanks,
Tom

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 03/09/10 11:20 PM

Quote:

Does anyone have any pics of the Silver Bullet when Mr. Sullivan bought it??

What motor/tranny was in it??

And HOW IN THE WORLD did he FIND it??

Oh yeah,after it was all rebuilt,what does it run??

The pics of after Sully bought-it are above !! .... HONESTLY ....I have never seen the car(after he got it) up-close ... but just from the pics .. the car is in no-way "correct". Just two items that stand-out .. the car never had chrome bumpers ....and the muff-system never hung-down like that.

WHERE did he find it ? .... when I bought it in the early 80's .... I knew the guy(worked at CTC) who had bought it from a body-shop-guy and he just wanted to broom it. IF this body-shop-guy had not hung NEW extended wheel-well-opening quarter-panels on it ....I would have never sold it ...OR at least as cheap as I did.

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 03/09/10 11:24 PM

Quote:

Can anyone please help me out with the bumpers on this car? I want to get it right.

I know they were gray when he first installed the glass bumpers, but did Joe ever have them painted to match the car?

Doc? Anyone?

Thanks,
Tom

Tom ... Honestly ... I think that those bumpers were put-on after Joe owned it .. but I would not bet-my-life on that.

YOU KNOW a ton more about the car than I do .. but I heard the Joe sold the car to a guy in FL .. that was in the PORN industry ...

Is that so ? ..
Posted By: KD800X

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 03/10/10 03:03 AM

Quote:

A friend of mine in Warren, Ohio bought the Challenger (minus engine and lenco) off of Lisk shortly after the car appeared at the Street Machine Nationals at Indy. I don't remember what year that was. Late 70's? He put a crossram Hemi and 727 in it along with a T/A hood in place of the Tunnelram hood.

The car was repainted after thieves broke into his garage and stole his tools. They dragged his tool boxes over the front of the car to get to the window. He was heart broken. He said he would have left his tools out in the driveway if it would have kept these kids away from the car. I think he only drove it a couple of times after the repaint and then it sat for a few years.

We lost track of the car after he sold it. Did either of you buy it from him? I think he might still have the engine and trans that he had in the car and if I remember correctly the Lisk engine and trans went into Lisk's brother's car. It's too bad the Lisk Challenger seems to have disappeared into obscurity. I concider it one of the pioneers of the ProStreet movement.

Here's a little trivia I have never seen printed anywhere. Mike Fons built the car for Steve out of a bunch of parts salvaged from a wrecked Prostock Colt. That's why the ladder bars where so short.

I grew up just east of Warren Ohio, who was it that owned the car from Warren?
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 03/10/10 04:48 AM

Damn that was alot of years ago... I use to hang out
at the station with Jimmy and some of the guys(I was
young then... about 16) and seen Jimmy run quite a
few times... I had a red and white 62 Dodge Dart back
then and thats when I got a hemi to drop in it... this
was about 68 or 69.... I'm pretty sure it was a Shell
station south of 14... damn thats ALONG time ago.
I can remember asking all sorts of questions back
then.... I'm sure I was just a bother to those guys
but they didnt mind helping out the punk kid... LOL

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 03/10/10 09:10 PM

Eric,

The photos from the Sudden Death article show it with the fiberglass pro stock bumpers in gray. I'm betting Gapp had a pair of them in the shop, since it was not long before that they were running a Mustang II pro stock.

I'll just take my time sanding down through the white paint to see whats under there

WOW..I knew he sold it to a guy in Miami, but did not know the guy might have been in the porn industry! You never can tell, but I'm trying to piece together the history of the car little by little.

I got it out of New Jersey. Guy I got it from bought it off a car lot! where it had been sitting out in the weather. Thankfully he put it in storage, so it could have been worse condition if not for that.

Ruggirello Mustang II update - 05/17/10 11:34 PM

Hi Guys,
Thought I'd post a couple of quick update photos of the car. Got quite a bit done to it the past month. Installed new stainless fuel lines/AN fittings under the car, new battery cables front to rear. Adjusted the coil overs down a bit over an inch to help the stance until I get the rear suspension restored back to original

Also installed new 5 lug rotors, calipers, hoses, master cylinder. It had no brakes when I got it. Had the wheels restored back to their original machined finish, nice original center caps, correct lug nuts, new tires. Used 30-13.5-15 M/T ET streets on the rear and Firestone Wide Oval D70-14's on the front.

I think the wheel/tire combo turned out great. At least it doesn't look as homely as it did

Next project is turbo removal and header fabrication. Once done, I can install the correct hood/scoop as original.

At least its a start in the right direction!

Posted By: Troublemaker427

Re: Ruggirello Mustang II update - 05/18/10 02:16 PM

The car is looking great. It's very cool that you are restoring it. Have you attempted to contact Jack Roush regarding it?

Quote:

Hi Guys,
Thought I'd post a couple of quick update photos of the car. Got quite a bit done to it the past month. Installed new stainless fuel lines/AN fittings under the car, new battery cables front to rear. Adjusted the coil overs down a bit over an inch to help the stance until I get the rear suspension restored back to original

Also installed new 5 lug rotors, calipers, hoses, master cylinder. It had no brakes when I got it. Had the wheels restored back to their original machined finish, nice original center caps, correct lug nuts, new tires. Used 30-13.5-15 M/T ET streets on the rear and Firestone Wide Oval D70-14's on the front.

I think the wheel/tire combo turned out great. At least it doesn't look as homely as it did

Next project is turbo removal and header fabrication. Once done, I can install the correct hood/scoop as original.

At least its a start in the right direction!

Re: Ruggirello Mustang II update - 05/18/10 05:49 PM

Yeah, but no luck yet. However, I have managed to contact Jeff Gapp, Wayne Gapp's son and he's talked to his Dad about the car and Wayne has helped me out with some info on it.

I'm planning on getting the car to Wayne Gapp, Jack Roush, and Joe Ruggirello at some point, so they can see it again...or at least I hope to be able to.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Ruggirello Mustang II update - 05/18/10 07:54 PM

Besides the car itself, I'm enjoying the apparent tow bar damage to the bumper....Flat towed, low buck (other than the free parts)....

Re: Ruggirello Mustang II update - 05/18/10 08:38 PM

Bumper definitely has some wrinkling. Whats not to like about a GTX?! Almost never see one on the road any more. But then, if its like it is here for most of you, its "drive at your own risk" these days.
Posted By: imfixinmopars426

Re: Ruggirello Mustang II update - 05/19/10 07:06 PM

really cool stories guys!! coming from a guy who was kinda too young,and living in the middle of no where. ..lol. if the race was ever done,i would have put my money on the challenger...its pure wicked.

Re: Ruggirello Mustang II update - 05/20/10 01:55 AM

Quote:

THERE is a pic that I have never seen before. Cool.

Re: Ruggirello Mustang II update - 05/20/10 01:58 AM

Quote:

Yeah, but no luck yet. However, I have managed to contact Jeff Gapp, Wayne Gapp's son and he's talked to his Dad about the car and Wayne has helped me out with some info on it.

I'm planning on getting the car to Wayne Gapp, Jack Roush, and Joe Ruggirello at some point, so they can see it again...or at least I hope to be able to.

And you BETTER talk-to-someone about getting another FG hood ..

You know Wayne is a bit SOUTH of you ....probably DODGING tar-balls ...
Posted By: 72demon416

Re: Ruggirello Mustang II update - 05/20/10 03:48 AM

It's too bad that nobody knows the outcome of the race between the Lisk Challenger and the Mustang...
Cool stories though
Posted By: bosshemi66

Re: Ruggirello Mustang II update - 06/28/10 05:19 PM

back in the 80's one of the Mopar magazines did a story on the Bullet and how Jimmy took some Corp guys and one of their wivies out in a spin in the car......anyone have that magazine with the story. The pic of the Bullet was a pencil drawing

Re: Ruggirello Mustang II update - 08/23/11 10:49 PM

Eric..lost touch with you!

I've been working on the car consistently since we last emailed. Now have it back to the original rear suspension setup, hood/scoop done as it was originally, and have it sorted out/running/driving well again. Now about to tear it down for paint and cosmetics.

Posted By: mike54

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 08/23/11 11:46 PM

was the Bullet ever beat?...i saw a story where tom hoover says the only car he knew of beating the Bullet was mike fons and his camaro..

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 08/24/11 04:12 AM

Quote:

was the Bullet ever beat?...i saw a story where tom hoover says the only car he knew of beating the Bullet was mike fons and his camaro..

The story I heard was a bigblock Camaro out of the Booth & Arons shop got around the Bullet once. But they say the Bullet had a plug wire off and when it was fixed they raced again and the Bullet won. That was the only time the Bullet ever lost according to the stories I have read. Ron
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 01/14/16 04:17 AM

Anyone know if Harold Sullivan still owns the Silver Bullet? I found this video the other day and it sounds like it may have been up for sale?? Silver Bullet video on YouTube

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 01/14/16 04:36 AM

Originally Posted By Big Squeeze
Anyone know if Harold Sullivan still owns the Silver Bullet? I found this video the other day and it sounds like it may have been up for sale?? Silver Bullet video on YouTube

I know he did about 7 years ago.. he had a shop full of cars
down the street from where my brother worked.. my brother
took his altered down the road for a quick shot and next thing
we know is one of Sullivans guy pulled out and made a shot
down the street... we got to BSing and found out that Sullivan
had a shop down the street and was getting ready for Woodward
Cruise that was about a week away(this is in the subs of Detroit)
I remember going up to the Shell station back when I was a
kid and trying to BS with those guys... I was 16 then and
raced out on Woodward.. but not in the class they did.. I
finally bought a hemi for my 62 Ply based on Sullivan and
the Bullet.. but I did talk with them a lot
wave

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 01/14/16 05:01 AM

Yeah, I was at Harold's shop the year he unvieled the car on Woodward...I hadn't heard much about it and then stumbled across that video...
Posted By: RSNOMO

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 01/14/16 05:34 AM

It makes an appearance annually at the Chrysler display at Northwood for the Woodward Cruise...
Posted By: Skypower

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 01/14/16 05:42 AM

I'm pretty sure the Bullet was at the Nat's this year under the HDK Tent hanging out with Denny.

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 01/14/16 05:50 AM

Originally Posted By RS23U1G
It makes an appearance annually at the Chrysler display at Northwood for the Woodward Cruise...

Yeah its been there for a FEW years.. I was invited there with
my car one year on the dyno.. they asked if I could stay
on the dyno for a WHILE.. that year it was raining.. bummer
wave

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 01/14/16 05:53 AM

Cool...so, Harold prolly still has it...

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 01/14/16 06:07 AM

Originally Posted By Big Squeeze
Cool...so, Harold prolly still has it...

The last I heard... yes.. but that was a few years back
but I dont think he had any plans on selling it.. he was
buying more cars all the time... so why would he sell..
he has a BIG garage.. with LOTS of cars
EDIT
there is a high dollar place on Woodward that is selling
garage space that has its own TEST TRACK.. it wouldnt
surprise me if he hasnt bought one of them... ALL big
dollar cars... heard they are in the $300K for them
wave
Posted By: dwayne welder

Re: Jimmy Addison and the silver bullet ..pics ? - 01/14/16 05:36 PM

The care is in a display in front of the lobby at 13 mile and Woodward in the Macdonalds restaurant !!!! You can see it driving by or stoping in!!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums