Moparts

Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !!

Posted By: Blucuda413

Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !! - 10/12/09 02:32 AM

I currently run a 413 smallblock which I am planning to convert to Procharger horsepower. I need someone to correspond with during this transition so I don't waste money heading the wrong direction. I have a lot of good parts to make a hi-horsepower smallblock.

Anyone willing to correspond and help me get this done??
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !! - 10/12/09 02:37 AM

I believe ProStDodge ran one for awhile. I don't know of too many Mopar guys that have ventured into the ProChargers but I'd sure like to have one.
Posted By: prochargedhemi

Re: Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !! - 10/12/09 02:42 AM

not sure what you are needing to know? don't have any experience with small block mopars but know my way around my setup. If it is at all possible i would highly recommend the supercharger stores geardrive if you plan on making any type of power, alot more friendly on crankshafts. there pretty basic when you break it all down, the hardest part is the initial money and actually getting it all to fit in a given area.

Bigtime just finished up the install in his dart so he may have some good advice too
Posted By: moparbud

Re: Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !! - 10/12/09 02:46 AM

Posted By: ProSport

Re: Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !! - 10/12/09 02:52 AM

Bigtime has a Procharger now!??

Pics!
Posted By: 408strokerdart

Re: Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !! - 10/12/09 04:15 AM

Quote:

Bigtime has a Procharger now!??

Pics!

I didn't know he was going that route, but if he has it will probably be pretty stout. I would like to hear the details also. I am considering a procharger also so I am interested.
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !! - 10/12/09 05:02 AM

Ok whatever i can do to help out. Just want to put this out there now, It is not cheap to build a strong combo like this but it is rewarding.

Posted By: dodgeboy11

Re: Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !! - 10/12/09 05:11 AM

What about a setup like this one?

Posted By: ProStDodge

Re: Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !! - 10/12/09 06:02 AM

I ran a D-1 head unit, made my own brackets, used a cog belt drive. At 188% over-driven I made 13psi in a 500 cid 505hp Mopar crate motor with KB cast pistons - over 730hp with alcohol.

Attached picture 5539781-Falbe020818-001a.JPG
Posted By: FASTFISH420

Re: Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !! - 10/12/09 02:05 PM

Looks good!! is that a F2??

Thinking about doing a F2 myself with geardrive unit..

How's it run??

Re: Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !! - 10/12/09 02:10 PM

This is the set-up..this is a NMCA motor..F1-R..that Chris Uratchko built.I think it has been 7.90's..in a mustang.

Attached picture 5540106-IMG_0106.jpg
Posted By: BobR

Re: Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !! - 10/12/09 02:10 PM

Quote:

Looks good!! is that a F2??

Thinking about doing a F2 myself with geardrive unit..

How's it run??

Yes on the geardrive. You will need an inner cooler if using gasoline. Fuel injection is the best way to go IMO. Use Motec or BigStuff3 controller. You need to make yourself more clear on your intentions.

Re: Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !! - 10/12/09 02:44 PM

I would probably do a blowthru on alky..should make around 1600hp with a F2..
Posted By: Kam*Kuda

Re: Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !! - 10/12/09 04:33 PM

I am in the build process.
I went Fuel injection right away to help meter the fuel for a street strip combo

I was on the passenger side but but switching to drivers side for a bit more room

Attached picture 5540376-prochager-pass.JPG

Re: Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !! - 10/12/09 04:34 PM

Will be incorporating into the motor-plate

Attached picture 5540378-procharger3.jpg

Re: Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !! - 10/12/09 04:40 PM

Some note and Thoughts Note I am a novice and I am learning from my one mistakes and those of others
I have been working with The Stig Jr (moparts member) He has more experience and his stock looking Road Runner is fast
Fuel
From what I have seen, fuel metering is critical. It is difficult to meter a street strip blow thru application with a carb that is designed to operate on vacuum... but it certainly able to be done an many have done it successfully.
I went to EFI to meter it better and easily build a conservative fuel and timing curve and them.
Have enough fuel system to supply. It appear easy to build boost, you just need the fuel system to support to feed it.

Re: Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !! - 10/12/09 04:42 PM

Have a good to ignition system. You will need decent spark.

Heat is your enemy. Piston coating seem to work well and protect the engine a bit.
Water/Meth injection and or an intercooler will help cool the air that gets HEATED by the procharger.

Re: Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !! - 10/12/09 04:45 PM

I hear differing stories on compression. Many state the standard rule of lowering compression and running your boost. Some have bolted a procharger on a 10.5 compression engine and ran VERY well. There is a local guy who did this with a small block demon (10-1 I think). The power impressed/scared him. No long term report good or bad on this plan as far as engine longevity.
Posted By: Tig

Re: Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !! - 10/12/09 05:29 PM

You could try Steve Morris @ http://www.neweraracecraft.com/
HTH's
Posted By: Hemiroid

Re: Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !! - 10/12/09 05:37 PM

Steve Morris is the man! And a nice guy as well

Re: Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !! - 10/12/09 09:22 PM

like what has been stated already, you need to make it a little clearer on what you are wanting to accomplish. ie: hp, boost levels, driveability.
Posted By: The Shadow

Re: Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !! - 10/12/09 10:03 PM

I don't know what your plans are for brackets but for head units contact Tom at tbyrne performance.
www.tbyrneperformance.com
He had killer pricing.

Attached picture 5541120-Pinks_MIR_2009_017.jpg
Posted By: Garceau

Re: Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !! - 10/12/09 11:35 PM

dayum that bad boy is tight in there....

awesome, Im assuming flat hood?

Re: Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !! - 10/12/09 11:47 PM

E bodies are pretty tight, i used the SBC braketry with my own adapter (basically what the supercharger store does) and i even went a step farther and moved the inner fender section out another 3/4 of an inch

you can see the stretched inner fender here
Posted By: Blucuda413

Re: Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !! - 10/13/09 02:14 AM

A little more info: Car is race only, chassis is good been certed to 8.50. All drivetrain components ready to handle 900hp. Goal is 850-900hp to go low 9's to upper 8's. Engine has good components and believe I'll only need to change pistons, carb and maybe cam. Current plans are race gas with no intercooler.

I have no procharger components identified as yet. Looking at either F-2 or F-3 series. Have done no planning on brackets, interesting that Chey brackets adapted to Mopar have been used. Can Fords brackets be done the same. lots more Ford than Chevy.

Keep the good comments coming. Thanks, Max
Posted By: Hemiroid

Re: Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !! - 10/13/09 02:30 AM

F2 is good to 1500 hp, no reason to use a F3.
Posted By: Comp Chassis 2

Re: Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !! - 10/13/09 05:03 AM

Have used the Supercharger store for two F1R set ups both cog belt. Was happy with all components,although I would upgrade the hat. Would think that an F2 would get you to your 8.80 mark and then some ! F3 if you want to hit 7.80 A quality carb build is a must. used CSU for the last one nice piece but took a long time to get back. I dont think you will be disapointed with with how they work though. Waiting to dyno a 526 wedge with indy ez 325,s and blower specific pistons & cam will post results when done. shooting for 1000 hp at 15LBs with F1R
Posted By: The Shadow

Re: Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !! - 10/13/09 12:05 PM

I think a f1r will be ample and a f2 would be a waste of money.
The d1x was enough to make 14 lbs of boost on my 547 hemi maxed out.
If your looking for a csu 850
Garceau here is an exterior shot.

Attached picture 5542293-602379146_Sfts9-M[1].jpg
Posted By: BobR

Re: Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !! - 10/13/09 01:58 PM

"Current plans are race gas with no intercooler."

The blower output temperature on our F3 is over 400 degrees at peak(36#). I don't have any experience with smaller blowers or lesser boost.
Posted By: nhramark

Re: Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !! - 10/13/09 02:53 PM

I would go straight to the source. Call Procharger at 913-338-2886, ask for Mark Brummit. Tell him Mark Martin (me) sent you. He can answer most or all of your questions and give you some info on Procharger dealers local to you, and he's a super nice guy to boot.

I have dealt with Procharger on some NMCA stuff and Monster Mopar. They are a very proffesionally run company and Mark is really up on all the applications. Good luck!
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !! - 10/13/09 03:55 PM

This guys knows a few things
http://www.smreperformance.com/
Posted By: Garceau

Re: Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !! - 10/13/09 04:06 PM

Quote:

A little more info: Car is race only, chassis is good been certed to 8.50. All drivetrain components ready to handle 900hp. Goal is 850-900hp to go low 9's to upper 8's. Engine has good components and believe I'll only need to change pistons, carb and maybe cam. Current plans are race gas with no intercooler.

I have no procharger components identified as yet. Looking at either F-2 or F-3 series. Have done no planning on brackets, interesting that Chey brackets adapted to Mopar have been used. Can Fords brackets be done the same. lots more Ford than Chevy.

Keep the good comments coming. Thanks, Max

Unless this is a C body all steel and nothing done to lighten it up. It doesnt take that much to run low 9s. Hell I was doing it with 511 inch motor and single dominator 9.1xs in a 2900lb car and no nitrous. No way it made 850 hp.

Personally....I think you are going to want to change the cert on your car. I can see this coming already

Stig thanks for the other pic. Very impressive.

I too have been looking at going this route on my next build. No idea what it will be but just a thought. I know of one dragster that added it, and he is doing well with it.

Re: Need a Procharger Guru to Guide Me !! - 10/13/09 10:03 PM

I am certain an F-1 will do everything you are wanting to do. the couple nmra drag radial cars i run around with run high 7's with f-1's and mickeys
© 2024 Moparts Forums