Moparts

'69 Dart 440 Header Question

Posted By: Albert Lee

'69 Dart 440 Header Question - 10/07/09 12:20 PM

Is TTI the only/best header for this applcation?

Details: Drag Race Only, 440, Indy EZ 295 Heads, 727 Automatic, Manual Steering and Brakes, Front Motor Plate.

I think I'm looking for 2" headers with an easy fit. Pictures are a big plus.

Thanks in advance for your experience and suggestions!

AlbertLee4@gmail.com
Posted By: deaks

Re: '69 Dart 440 Header Question - 10/07/09 01:18 PM

If you're looking for an easy fit i'd forget TTI's, my 69 440 has got them, starter access is almost nil, also, i have to take the torsion bars out, lift and tilt the motor to get them in or out.
Hookers or pro parts are easier to take out but you will have to cut the inner fenders and front tyre clearance is tight with the hookers.
Mick
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: '69 Dart 440 Header Question - 10/07/09 04:45 PM

I like the fenderwell headers way better than the chassis headers in a A body with a BB motor. I have used a set of Pro Parts, Hookers and Hedman heads on my Duster and I now a set of Mad Dogs chassis headers for the Dart. For racing the fenderwells are way better to work on the car
Posted By: 493_DART

Re: '69 Dart 440 Header Question - 10/07/09 05:03 PM

Fenderwells all the way for me.I cant even imagine the headache of TTi.

Tire clearance isnt that big of a deal to me. I think my drivers side rubs if i make a sharp turn . who cares? This is with 165R15 tires .

Parts changing with fenderwells:

plugs - easy access

starter - not even close to the header, swap it in 10 min.

the headers can be in/out of the car in 10 minutes.

you DO have to cut some holes in the inner fender and clearance a couple spots here and there. Just get out your hammer.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: '69 Dart 440 Header Question - 10/07/09 06:58 PM

Quote:

I like the fenderwell headers way better than the chassis headers in a A body with a BB motor. I have used a set of Pro Parts, Hookers and Hedman heads on my Duster and I now a set of Mad Dogs chassis headers for the Dart. For racing the fenderwells are way better to work on the car

Cab , how's the fit of the Mad Dogs ?
Posted By: 383man

Re: '69 Dart 440 Header Question - 10/07/09 09:40 PM

We use CPPA chassis headers on my sons 400 Dart and I prefer them over fenderwell on a street car anyday. His are not that bad to do if you know how to do it. And you dont have to worry about the front tires rubbing on turns like fenderwells do. Ron
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: '69 Dart 440 Header Question - 10/07/09 11:16 PM

Quote:

We use CPPA chassis headers on my sons 400 Dart and I prefer them over fenderwell on a street car anyday. His are not that bad to do if you know how to do it. And you dont have to worry about the front tires rubbing on turns like fenderwells do. Ron

same here,
I hate high cars and little front tires. This topic has been hashed out many times. If you don't mind the above get fenderwells, if you have time make custom ones. As for the starter? i'm using the same durango one for 2 years.

Re: '69 Dart 440 Header Question - 10/07/09 11:21 PM

here are some old pics:

Posted By: 6PAK70CUDA

Re: '69 Dart 440 Header Question - 10/08/09 02:01 AM

Quote:

here are some old pics:

Nice Dart! care to share some specs and performance numbers?

Re: '69 Dart 440 Header Question - 10/08/09 02:19 AM

Quote:

Quote:

here are some old pics:

Well its a whole lot different than those pics. That is the way i bought it except i put the headers on.
it ran 8.20 the other night
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: '69 Dart 440 Header Question - 10/08/09 03:40 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Cab , how's the fit of the Mad Dogs ?

I sent one side back to Mad Dog to have it repaired and have not got around to putting them on the Dart yet so Soon, I hope, I'm in the middle of several projects
Posted By: Hemiroid

Re: '69 Dart 440 Header Question - 10/08/09 03:46 AM

Quote:

Quote:

same here,
I hate high cars and little front tires. This topic has been hashed out many times. If you don't mind the above get fenderwells, if you have time make custom ones. As for the starter? i'm using the same durango one for 2 years.

I hate fenderwell headers. Tubes up by the master, holes in the fenderwells, no tire clearance, no thanks.

On another note, love the awesome Dart!!
Posted By: 6PAK70CUDA

Re: '69 Dart 440 Header Question - 10/09/09 01:58 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

here are some old pics:

Well its a whole lot different than those pics. That is the way i bought it except i put the headers on.

Indy heads and 500 inches I'm assuming with some N20?
Posted By: demon440

Re: '69 Dart 440 Header Question - 10/09/09 04:12 AM

I have 2" TTI headers for my Demon.
I also have an aftermarket front end, so there
shouldn't be any clearance issues here.
I didn't want to cut up my car.

Attached picture 5533921-2motor.JPG

Re: '69 Dart 440 Header Question - 10/09/09 04:31 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

here are some old pics:

Indy heads and 500 inches I'm assuming with some N20?

No juice on my car....boost!

Re: '69 Dart 440 Header Question - 10/09/09 04:32 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

same here,

I hate fenderwell headers. Tubes up by the master, holes in the fenderwells, no tire clearance, no thanks.

On another note, love the awesome Dart!!

Thanks!
© 2024 Moparts Forums