Moparts

Who's ready for Norwalk.....and who ain't

Posted By: dartman366

Who's ready for Norwalk.....and who ain't - 09/13/09 08:54 PM

finished up the front suspension alignment (long story and it's my fault ) removed a blown header gasket and had to drive to Jeg's to order one, this is after working Sat morning then meeting up with Lonnie, then started cleaning the trailer,,that's just Saturday.,,,Then today worked six hour's then came home cut the grass, cleaned the cooler's, swept out the trailer, went thru the trailer to organize it better, checked the trailer tire pressure, checked over the truck and trailer running light's,brake light's and brake's,,,tomorrow after work I have to drive 45 min to pick up my new converter, (I will post on that later) come back and check valve lash and spring pressure,,,after that it's put on new gasket's check every nut, bolt and cotter pin ,, then load the car and go to the grocery store all by thursday.you guy's feel my pain?? ................I can't wait!!!
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Who's ready for Norwalk.....and who ain't - 09/13/09 10:22 PM

For once everything came home in the same condition it went out in so I guess all we need to do is get some food.
Posted By: wheelsup68dart

Re: Who's ready for Norwalk.....and who ain't - 09/13/09 10:32 PM

Got the transmission fixed last night and verified the operation as okay. Removed the driveshaft and gonna have 2 new u joints and a 1350 yoke and joint installed on differential side, then re balance the drive shaft. Won't be able to be at track till late Friday, but hoping that all goes smooth. Oh yeah Bill, thanks for the support and Parts.

Re: Who's ready for Norwalk.....and who ain't - 09/13/09 11:05 PM

Quote:

Got the transmission fixed last night and verified the operation as okay. Removed the driveshaft and gonna have 2 new u joints and a 1350 yoke and joint installed on differential side, then re balance the drive shaft. Won't be able to be at track till late Friday, but hoping that all goes smooth. Oh yeah Bill, thanks for the support and Parts.

anytime, just trying to help ensure we meet-up in the final's.
Posted By: MoparPitBull

Re: Who's ready for Norwalk.....and who ain't - 09/13/09 11:36 PM

I WAS BORN READY !!!!!
Posted By: Chad Bittle

Re: Who's ready for Norwalk.....and who ain't - 09/13/09 11:47 PM

Dads transmission is laying on the floor, the converter is getting changed AGAIN, haha.

Should be fun to work 13-14 hours a day the next 4 days and find time to go out and help before thursday. It'll all be worth it.

Bringing a fire pit and the Pie Iron, hope you like pizza pies Bill, haha.

Re: Who's ready for Norwalk.....and who ain't - 09/14/09 12:21 AM

Quote:

Dads transmission is laying on the floor, the converter is getting changed AGAIN, haha.

Should be fun to work 13-14 hours a day the next 4 days and find time to go out and help before thursday. It'll all be worth it.

Bringing a fire pit and the Pie Iron, hope you like pizza pies Bill, haha.

He know's my phone # the answer to your last statement is.................
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Who's ready for Norwalk.....and who ain't - 09/14/09 12:25 AM

Boy I gald I NOT THE ONLY ONE WORKING my butt off!
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: Who's ready for Norwalk.....and who ain't - 09/14/09 12:27 AM

I'm bringing my newly-freshened race 727 to sell. It'll be hanging out at Larry's pit with me making wires on Thursday afternoon and Friday. Somebody is going to need (hope not) but I'll have it.
Posted By: old yeller

Re: Who's ready for Norwalk.....and who ain't - 09/14/09 12:36 AM

Were Ready.
Posted By: b1headman

Re: Who's ready for Norwalk.....and who ain't - 09/14/09 12:53 AM

Race went well on fri.So all we have to do is general maint. and we will be ready to go!Looking forward to the smith family smack down race!
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Who's ready for Norwalk.....and who ain't - 09/14/09 12:56 AM

A couple of weeks back dropped 45lbs off the front of the car last week I cleaned the trailer, checked the valve lash on the car and gave everything a once over check. Yesterday I cleaned the truck and today loaded up most stuff in the trailer... DoubleD was a great guy and brought me over his 4 wheeler for me to use Thanks Dave Just have to load the car and go do some food shopping and I'm ready.... Can't wait and will be pulling in sometime Thursday.

Russ
Posted By: MrBelvedere

Re: Who's ready for Norwalk.....and who ain't - 09/14/09 01:01 AM

Pretty much ready to go here also. Need to change oil and filter on the car. Trailer is loaded for the most part. Will run out Wed. sometime and finish up a little grocery shopping.

I'll see you guys that I know at Linders Lot Thursday morning. Hopefully meet some of you other folks.

For nice weather.
Posted By: markz528

Re: Who's ready for Norwalk.....and who ain't - 09/14/09 01:14 AM

LBJ and tie rod got replaced. Chassis got inspected yesterday. Ready!
Posted By: S/ST 3040

Re: Who's ready for Norwalk.....and who ain't - 09/14/09 01:27 AM

I'll see you Friday Bill.

Attached picture 5480747-DSCN2533.JPG
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Who's ready for Norwalk.....and who ain't - 09/14/09 01:32 AM

I hope to be ready for the drive,Gotta install the clutch linkage,drive shaft,exhaust,shifter,wire up the fan and ignition,then the new rear springs and diff cover if I have time.Usually do the shopping Thursday night and leave Friday morning.
Gus

Re: Who's ready for Norwalk.....and who ain't - 09/14/09 10:32 PM

Quote:

I'll see you Friday Bill.

Make sure you look me up Vic.
Posted By: Butch

Re: Who's ready for Norwalk.....and who ain't - 09/14/09 11:00 PM

I sure am going to miss you guys. Run hard and be safe.

Butch
Posted By: johnnyp

Re: Who's ready for Norwalk.....and who ain't - 09/14/09 11:49 PM

So Vic what are we doing????
Posted By: S/ST 3040

Re: Who's ready for Norwalk.....and who ain't - 09/15/09 12:01 AM

I'll call you.
Posted By: markz528

Re: Who's ready for Norwalk.....and who ain't - 09/15/09 12:15 AM

Quote:

Butch

Gonna miss you Butch............

Re: Who's ready for Norwalk.....and who ain't - 09/15/09 01:05 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Butch

Gonna miss you Butch............

The whole crew's gonna' miss Butch.
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: Who's ready for Norwalk.....and who ain't - 09/15/09 01:31 AM

I should make it up on saturday to visit. I wish car was ready but ran out of time.

cya all saturday
Posted By: moparguy7074

Re: Who's ready for Norwalk.....and who ain't - 09/15/09 01:40 AM

Run the truck Rick!
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: Who's ready for Norwalk.....and who ain't - 09/15/09 01:46 AM

I would but there is a guy in a Blue Dually that scceeears me
Posted By: aarcudaden

Re: Who's ready for Norwalk.....and who ain't - 09/15/09 02:35 AM

Bill, i was really hopeing to make it this year but just don't have the cash to go AGAIN i haven't yet got to see your Dart make a pass all year. Best of luck to all you guys
Posted By: 408strokerdart

Re: Who's ready for Norwalk.....and who ain't - 09/15/09 03:05 AM

Well....long story, but I just went and retrieved my trailer from the guy working on my generator. Trailer had been there since Thursday night and it started raining Thursday night. Well the trailer was parked in the guys yard and he had 14 inches of rain in the rain gauge. Nedless to say, the trailer was buried....and I mean burried. The hydraulic ram sunk into the ground so far that it bent up the stainless steel on the front of the trailer under the gooseneck. 1 4WD tractor and 1 4WD truck together was the required combination to get it out.

Anyway, food shoping is done. Wife is packed up and ready to go. Will clean trailer again tomorrow and load up the car and stock the cabinets. Should be on the road by 8pm on Wednesday if all goes well from here on out.
Posted By: BigDog68Dart

Re: Who's ready for Norwalk.....and who ain't - 09/15/09 10:22 AM

Brian I will mark those excuses down for you! We are basically loaded exxcept for a hand ful of items,am looking forward to this weekend! we'll be at Linders lot at 8am as usual.

Attached picture 5483527-DSC01243.JPG
Posted By: steelhead

Re: Who's ready for Norwalk.....and who ain't - 09/15/09 10:22 PM

I'll be there with ya DOG

Attached picture 5484593-big1.JPG
Posted By: Chad Bittle

Re: Who's ready for Norwalk.....and who ain't - 09/16/09 03:02 AM

Converter is tightened back up and back in the car, finished up tonight.
Posted By: 572charger

Re: Who's ready for Norwalk.....and who ain't - 09/16/09 10:36 AM

i think i will make it !!! the weather looks awesome!! 70 degrees and sunny !!!
Posted By: V10nacuda

Looking for an 11.90 - 09/16/09 03:50 PM

Loaded & ready to go with the junk truck.....
Lost a few #'s & looking for an 11.90.......
See yall there

V10

Attached picture 5486113-100_0497(2).JPG
Posted By: Rapid340

Re: Looking for an 11.90 - 09/16/09 04:12 PM

The weather does look good.

I am planning on being there at 8am friday. I see the first time trial is scheduled for 10.

There is no FAST class, I was thinking I may jump in with sportsman just to make a few passes fri and sat.
Posted By: kissmyaspen

Re: Looking for an 11.90 - 09/16/09 09:20 PM

well cars loaded.....but i wont be making the trip have to work on saturday... and just got a speeding ticket for $148 on monday .. was thinking of driving the dart sport i won in at the nats up sunday morning and racing it but that got shot down with the ticket.... have fun guys and be safe
Posted By: Cudafied

Re: Who's ready for Norwalk.....and who ain't - 09/16/09 10:33 PM

We are leaving NY at 5am Thursday morning
I better go pack

Posted By: Lil Wedge

Re: Looking for an 11.90 - 09/17/09 01:05 AM

Dustin, did you forget to work your Sponsor!! Maybe check with dear old dad's shop also. Offer to split your winnings!! Good Luck!
© 2024 Moparts Forums