Moparts

Rear suspension

Posted By: PRZ

Rear suspension - 08/24/09 06:55 PM

I've got a 67 Coronet with a 498, a slightly narrowed Dana 60.Wheelwells have been extended. It has the 3" relocation kit already done. I'm thinking about changing my leaf springs to a coilover set up. Anyone know somebody in the central N.Y. area? What I can expect to shell out? thanks.
Posted By: ProStDodge

Re: Rear suspension - 08/24/09 08:56 PM

If the car is all drag race, then I can see switching to a ladder bar/coil over. If its a street/strip setup, I would recommend going to a Caltrac system (about $750 w/springs, bars, and shocks) which will give you a MUCH better street ride than ladder bars and still provide good traction.

Posted By: PRZ

Re: Rear suspension - 08/24/09 11:21 PM

thanks for answering. I guess I should give a little more info on the car. The springs have been moved inboard 3". I understand why.What I'm not sure I understand, is they are different springs. the right spring has more leafs in it. Is this some old school [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]? That side of the car is about 1&1/4 " higher on that side. I hate it.I'm also looking for some ride height adjustability. thanks
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: Rear suspension - 08/24/09 11:32 PM

It must have Mopar super stock springs. The car usually isn't level because the have different springs rates from one side to the other. Caltrac's won't have that problem
Posted By: Keith BlackĀ®

Re: Rear suspension - 08/24/09 11:35 PM

I am doing the same:
check out:
http://www.unlawfulracing.com/

Best system Ive seen, ordering one now.
Darren
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Rear suspension - 08/24/09 11:57 PM

That's a prettysweet looking setup....wonder what it wieghs in comparison....and the cost....?????

Rickster
Posted By: jcc

Re: Rear suspension - 08/25/09 12:14 AM

I just don't get it, but first that is a great looking rendering, but it looks so much like a fox body 5.0 rear suspension, and almost every hardcore 5.0 racer is trying everything they can afford to upgrade/change the 4 link system that is nearly identical to the rendering. Why if they are so great? Whenever I pose this question to a manufacturer they usually get a little huffy, like what I just mentioned is a big secret. Then I hear all kinds of reasons why their four link triangulated rear is different, like, color, name, etc. I am not sure if this 4 link is better, but I have yet to be convinced its the greatest if most 5.0 owners dump it quickly when they upgrade. Well?
© 2024 Moparts Forums