Moparts

***Challenger Stolen UPDATE***

Posted By: moparniac

***Challenger Stolen UPDATE*** - 08/06/09 05:59 PM

I just got a email from the buyer stating the challenger I sold to him was stolen off the docks in new jersey!

MODS PLEASE PIN THIS...... Everyone knows The car and Phillipe (current Owner) is upset as am I !!!!!!

Any info please contact:

Buyer Services International LLC.
Box 231171
Old State House Sq.
Hartford, CT 06123
P: 860 423 2255
F: 860 423 6260

Posted By: S/ST 3040

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/06/09 06:03 PM

I #!$$&*! HATE thieves!!!
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/06/09 06:20 PM

Quote:

I #!$$&*! HATE thieves!!!

x2
Catch them and hang 'em from the tallest tree you can find.Sorry to hear about this!
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/06/09 06:42 PM

someone got a nice car. bet it will be in the 9's soon

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/06/09 07:51 PM

police report:
unknow suspect(s) cut and entered the secured parking lot by cutting the metal fence....smashed a window to a vehicule and placed it in neutral gear so that he could steal the dodge challenger that was park behind it.the vehicule was then driven off the lot by cutting a larger portion to the other side of the gate to the secured parking lot. no keys left in the vehicule......

they were clearly targeting this car...........
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/06/09 08:54 PM

seems to me the place who had it should be responsable for it.
I hope it is found, if not, someone owes somebody some money.
Posted By: Tig

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/06/09 08:56 PM

Man that sucks!! I hate thieves. Hope they find the car.
Posted By: mopowers

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/06/09 09:02 PM

That really sucks! I bet the buyer is pissed. He probably thinks you did it.

Hopefully it'll turn up.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/06/09 09:47 PM

That sucks, but a bit more on the details please. How did it pulled from where it was?
Posted By: emarine01

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/06/09 10:11 PM

Man, I sure don't miss jersey
Posted By: kruger

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/06/09 11:49 PM

Quote:

That sucks, but a bit more on the details please. How did it pulled from where it was?

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/07/09 12:53 AM

Quote:

Quote:

police report:
unknow suspect(s) cut and entered the secured parking lot by cutting the metal fence....smashed a window to a vehicule and placed it in neutral gear so that he could steal the dodge challenger that was park behind it.the vehicule was then driven off the lot by cutting a larger portion to the other side of the gate to the secured parking lot. no keys left in the vehicule......

they were clearly targeting this car...........
Posted By: MAVERICKSHEMI

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/07/09 02:19 AM

***** G.P.S. ***** NUF SAID
Posted By: 440challenger

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/07/09 12:05 PM

I'll keep an eye out around here but i bet its long gone. Maybe it was an inside job at the dock....??

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/07/09 01:55 PM

Quote:

I'll keep an eye out around here but i bet its long gone. Maybe it was an inside job at the dock....??

I bet it was an inside job also......
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/07/09 02:05 PM

Well whoever jacked it sure got themselves one darn fine looking car. I really hope on of you had insurance on it at the time.

I bet it was a dock worker. Knew exactly where/how to get in and out without being caught.

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/07/09 02:27 PM

The dock that had the car in there enclosed yards insurance is responsible! the dock wont talk to anyone at this point! Police are pointing to inside job!
Posted By: Defbob

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/07/09 07:08 PM

what did the car look like?
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/07/09 07:50 PM

Quote:

did you look at the first post?
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 08/07/09 08:09 PM

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/07/09 10:23 PM

Quote:

Posted By: moparacer

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/07/09 10:55 PM

One of my friends had a beautiful Roadrunner "stolen off the docks" several years ago when he sold it.....

Hope you got paid for it but when it happened to him he seemed to think it was all set up.....

Posted By: TS3303

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/08/09 12:37 AM

In Jersey City for the next week and a half and will keep an eye out.
Posted By: loren kraker

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/08/09 02:24 AM

Now Fred, that was a good one.
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/08/09 02:38 AM

That's just wrong. I hope the thief gets caught before something happens to the car.
Posted By: RedRam

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/08/09 01:03 PM

Quote:

That's just wrong. I hope the thief gets caught before something happens to the car.

the whole deal sounds like a scene from the Sopranos.
Posted By: jcc

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/08/09 01:35 PM

Well it they are smart, and it was an inside job, it likely is still on the docks in an empty unused container while everybody is out looking elsewhere, ala "inside Man".
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/08/09 03:16 PM

Quote:

Well it they are smert, and it was an inside job, it likely is still on the docks in an empty unused container while everybody is out looking elsewhere, ala "inside Man".

I doubt it. it's either long gone in a container or in a million pieces by now.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/08/09 04:01 PM

Remember that criminals have more rights than the rest of us so don't expect anything if they get caught except
Posted By: sasquatch

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/10/09 03:45 AM

Its in a can headed overseas. A car like that is way to hot locally and with the internet even regionally. Todd

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/10/09 11:14 PM

According to the new owner:

First the car was steal on sunday and they informed me 4 days later and not directly but by llc

Second my own insurance company probably gonna have to attack them for being refund because it seems they considere its not to them to pay
third i payed more for the transport because i wanted the car to be on a private conteiner but she was steal on the warehouse ,but NOT in a conteneir

How can they wait four days to tell him and it was by someone else!!!!!!!! INSIDE JOB....
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/11/09 01:26 PM

Quote:

Its in a can headed overseas. A car like that is way to hot locally and with the internet even regionally. Todd

Posted By: emarine01

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/11/09 02:24 PM

I think that car is a a billion pieces, who knows Wedgie could be buying some of his old parts back and not even know it

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/11/09 04:23 PM

More Pics.....
Well the car was stolen on sunday night and the docks never informed the owner a 3rd party did thursday [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]! He had insurance on the car I sold to him.... Had Indy headed motor in it / custom interior with full autometer phantom gauges and went 10.6 only time out.....

315/60 Street Radials / Dana 60 / Caltracs / CNC'd Indy EZ's all new stuff... 3 1/2" mandrel bent x pipe exhaust / Be cool system

Posted By: Blakcharger440

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/11/09 11:12 PM

Quote:

More Pics.....
Well the car was stolen on sunday night and the docks never informed the owner a 3rd party did thursday [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]! He had insurance on the car I sold to him.... Had Indy headed motor in it / custom interior with full autometer phantom gauges and went 10.6 only time out.....

315/60 Street Radials / Dana 60 / Caltracs / CNC'd Indy EZ's all new stuff... 3 1/2" mandrel bent x pipe exhaust / Be cool system

Hey what kind of tire did you run that 10.6 on?

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/11/09 11:40 PM

315/60/15 et street radial... Full exhaust and pump gas...
Posted By: Welderman

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/12/09 12:06 PM

I agree. Definitly, sounds like an inside job. We would suspect car is enroute overseas. I advise seller and buyer to check with property owners contract or paperwork ASAP. If third party liason is not responsible for merchandise stolen or damaged(FINE PRINT) both seller and buyer suffer the total loss. Well help spread the word here in The Great Lakes region.
Posted By: joelson6

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/12/09 01:05 PM

all i can say is,

if it was my car that i just bought,

the thieves better hope the cops catch them before i do!
Posted By: Mopar_Mike

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/12/09 02:21 PM

What about security camera's? Seems to me a place like that should have camera's on "defined" storage area, especially if whats stored there is worth $$$
Posted By: 62SAVOY

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/12/09 09:04 PM

Quote:

What about security camera's? Seems to me a place like that should have camera's on "defined" storage area, especially if whats stored there is worth $$$

Probably had issues that day and were not working. But worked fine following day and were fine day before.
Posted By: sthemi

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/13/09 02:40 AM

Sounds like Jeff Webster will be out some $$$$ if they are the consigned shipper for the car.
That is a service they charge for...
Posted By: DemonDust

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/13/09 02:50 AM

I don't know much about shipping cars, but like UPS and FED EX can't you buy insurance for shipping? I can't imagine you'd ship a $25k+ car with no form of insurance for damage or theft

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/14/09 11:58 AM

Got word the police found the car...... waiting on pics / location / damage etc....
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/14/09 01:00 PM

Good to hear, That was relativly fast considering.

Hope the damage isn't to severe.

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/14/09 01:08 PM

All I heard so far is there was steering damage and it was found stranded days ago by the cops..... I did have a hidden fuel switch.. maybe that helped.... maybe they had mustang and werent used to power of a mopar and banged the front wheel into a curb Ill keep you guys posted!

Still waiting on pics and confirmation....
Posted By: B1Fish540

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/14/09 01:47 PM

Quote:

All I heard so far is there was steering damage and it was found stranded days ago by the cops..... I did have a hidden fuel switch.. maybe that helped.... maybe they had mustang and werent used to power of a mopar and banged the front wheel into a curb Ill keep you guys posted!

That's great news! Those idiots may have thought it was just a "nice" old muscle car and were unfamilar with how a "street/strip" car actually (mis)behaves on the street...lol ya gotta love dumb criminals..
Posted By: aarcuda

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/14/09 02:47 PM

Quote:

steering damage = screwdriver in the ignition lock
Posted By: DemonDust

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/15/09 07:28 PM

Any pics

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/15/09 08:41 PM

Quote:

Any pics

Yes I have several of them..... but at this time I cannot post until further notice....

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/15/09 08:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

steering damage = screwdriver in the ignition lock

more like a sawzaa or something ...... there is a good bit of body damage also
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: ***Challenger Stolen Off The Docks*** - 08/16/09 01:07 AM

Well, glad to car turned up, hope it ran out of fuel before they thrashed the motor. Make sure they get the finger prints, and I'll send you a noose for when they round the russlers up.
© 2024 Moparts Forums