Moparts

Help me I.D. these rockers!!

Posted By: Hemiroid

Help me I.D. these rockers!! - 08/01/09 08:26 PM

I've had these laying around for like 15 years and now that my GTX needs some roller rockers these need to find a new home.

Fulcrum roller, roller tip, shaft mounted Cranes but I'll be damned if I can figure out what the heck they are. Help!!

Posted By: rebel

Re: Help me I.D. these rockers!! - 08/01/09 08:57 PM

ok i'm taking a guess here as i've seen Cranes like this on a set of W2 heads. i could be wrong & it's known to happen before but my best suggestion if you really want to know is ring Crane since they're back in bussiness.

Re: Help me I.D. these rockers!! - 08/01/09 09:07 PM

Quote:

ok i'm taking a guess here as i've seen Cranes like this on a set of W2 heads. i could be wrong & it's known to happen before but my best suggestion if you really want to know is ring Crane since they're back in bussiness.

Before they went out of business I tried them and they were no help, even though they're the manufacturer!! Maybe the new guys know more
Posted By: dusturbd340W5

Re: Help me I.D. these rockers!! - 08/01/09 09:10 PM

the Crane w2 rockers I had did not look anything like that mine didn't have bearings in them for the shafts either like those do
Posted By: rebel

Re: Help me I.D. these rockers!! - 08/01/09 09:48 PM

the W2's i was looking at were a set of "chapman" prepped heads. they were second hand for sale stuff, not regular heads as they were oval port & came with a matching manifold. the seller had them apart & was pointing out that they were as good as HS due to the roller fulcrums. i didn't buy them due to the hefty price & this was 10-12 years back but they did look similar. are these the same ratio or are some 1.5's & the others 1.6's?
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: Help me I.D. these rockers!! - 08/01/09 10:02 PM

I didn't know Crane made a roller fulcrum rocker.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Help me I.D. these rockers!! - 08/02/09 01:49 AM

wouldn't W2's have a left and right offset for the intake's? or am I not seeing everything.
Posted By: BradD

Re: Help me I.D. these rockers!! - 08/02/09 02:08 AM

Those are for Dart Buick heads with 13/16 shaft!
Did a quick Google and ran across this message board: http://www.insidecompracing.com/showthread.php?t=2974

Re: Help me I.D. these rockers!! - 08/02/09 02:53 AM

Quote:

Those are for Dart Buick heads with 13/16 shaft!
Did a quick Google and ran across this message board: http://www.insidecompracing.com/showthread.php?t=2974

That's them! I remember now, I took them as partial payment of a debt that was owed to me for some headwork a LONG time ago. Thanks for the memory jolt!
© 2024 Moparts Forums