Moparts

Caution!Caution! Buyers be-ware

Posted By: jg309

Caution!Caution! Buyers be-ware - 07/26/09 10:57 PM

I bought parts from Liuzzo Bros. Raceing 9 wks. ago money was taken 8 wks.-no parts, no phone calls, no anything, even called his XR block partner, still no responce, guss just screwed,jg309
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 07/26/09 11:10 PM

Posted By: megajoltman

Re: Caution!Caution! Buyers be-ware - 07/27/09 02:02 PM

Bump
Posted By: Oyvind Mopar

Re: Caution!Caution! Buyers be-ware - 07/27/09 04:56 PM

I have been waiting for an R5 block for years! Including shipment which did not work out, giving me extra cost on this. Last time the n'th appointment was done, everything was cleared out was in January this year. Since then, all possible bad excuses - I threatened with police and it "helped" some on the communication, but still I did not receive this block and others I have bought from him and paid for. I really cannot see that he can run a serious business. Any others having dealt with him? Can we do a common action to this? My problem is I live in Norway, and it is not that simple to act against such, not even being a US citizen.
Thanks,
Oyvind Mostad / Norway

Post deleted by Defbob - 07/27/09 05:10 PM

Re: Caution!Caution! Buyers be-ware - 07/27/09 05:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I have been waiting for an R5 block for years! Including shipment which did not work out, giving me extra cost on this. Last time the n'th appointment was done, everything was cleared out was in January this year. Since then, all possible bad excuses - I threatened with police and it "helped" some on the communication, but still I did not receive this block and others I have bought from him and paid for. I really cannot see that he can run a serious business. Any others having dealt with him? Can we do a common action to this? My problem is I live in Norway, and it is not that simple to act against such, not even being a US citizen.
Thanks,
Oyvind Mostad / Norway

R-5 BLOCK 1500.00

Yeah, I know this could do, however, I paid 1800 for the Liuzzo block w/ hardware and I have not given up completely. Already got a few, so I would rather have my money back....
Posted By: Georg

Re: Caution!Caution! Buyers be-ware - 07/27/09 06:23 PM

Hopefully there is no reason to be scared of...
Posted By: moparts

Re: Caution!Caution! Buyers be-ware - 07/27/09 06:30 PM

The web site they had at www.moparraceparts.com

is now inactive and they have not renewed their banner on moparts
Posted By: topfueldart

Re: Caution!Caution! Buyers be-ware - 07/28/09 01:29 AM

there liuzzoracing.com site still works, and LA360 just posted a couple days ago here?
Posted By: 408Dust

Re: Caution!Caution! Buyers be-ware - 07/28/09 02:30 AM

Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: Caution!Caution! Buyers be-ware - 07/28/09 03:34 AM

seems to me someone should get to the bottom of this pretty quickly.
they are supposed to be one of the premier small block people.
Posted By: SCDaytona

Re: Caution!Caution! Buyers be-ware - 07/28/09 11:19 AM

This doesn't sound like Rick as I have worked with him for years and was always a stand up guy. I'll try and contact him tonight and see what's up.
Posted By: 52savoy

Re: Caution!Caution! Buyers be-ware - 07/29/09 05:10 AM

I went through the same thing a year and half ago. Bought valve springs and retainers and what I got was a run around. Promises,promises.. then nothing.
good luck!
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Caution!Caution! Buyers be-ware - 07/29/09 04:11 PM

My dad has some parts there and IIRC he had spoken with him recently.
Posted By: DemonDust

Re: Caution!Caution! Buyers be-ware - 07/31/09 04:58 AM

I bought an adapter plate from him. He said he'd make me a crank spacer as well for that price. He seemed legitimate at first, but then 5 months go by and still no crank adapter. Won't answer calls to shop or cell phone. Has texted me a few times and told me to call him. Tried calling him and no answer....

Not sure what to think....
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Caution!Caution! Buyers be-ware - 07/31/09 09:29 PM

Quote:

This doesn't sound like Rick as I have worked with him for years and was always a stand up guy. I'll try and contact him tonight and see what's up.

I got an email from Rick last night, he said something about "taking in the chin". I assume he had heard from SCDaytona. I had not seen this thread yet myself.

I do know that a while back Rick took job with a defense contractor and about that time his brother had back surgery that did not turn out too well.

Its obvious that things are really starting to back up. I have parts I am waiting on also.

Bill

Re: Caution!Caution! Buyers be-ware - 07/31/09 09:38 PM

Id be on the next flight out with a Louisville Slugger!
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Caution!Caution! Buyers be-ware - 07/31/09 10:04 PM

there is no excuse to not return phone calls or emails. had someone posted long ago about their problems maybe it would have saved a few people some money
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Caution!Caution! Buyers be-ware - 07/31/09 10:12 PM

Quote:

Id be on the next flight out with a Louisville Slugger!

would they let you on a plane with that

Re: Caution!Caution! Buyers be-ware - 07/31/09 10:17 PM

yes fit it in a travel on, or in the luggage under the plane.
I almost made a trip down to texas last year.

Post deleted by Defbob - 07/31/09 11:06 PM

Posted By: Domino1609

Re: Caution!Caution! Buyers be-ware - 07/31/09 11:18 PM

Thanks Bill,and Joe.

WellI can see we are all having fun and thats nice,but because I am in a crappy airport n a crappy rentapc and only have a few secnds please excuse my lack of type checking.
Firstly, the only person with a legit gripe is John G, the creator of this post, but in my defence and he wuld agree I did give him a private number to contact me, I wont put names on it all everyone knows who they are, but how about the crate of parts that were returned to me? I was double charged, for transport, pickup, storage etc,,,,,The guy says it is on me, why? Because he did not want to pay thats why!! I have the ship docs, its all proper, I dont want to hear any crap.For all I care they can still sit.We all make a mistake now and then, I face what I create, I will not pay for someone else.
Then the guy that calls and calls and calls and wel, the truth is, he does not really need his part, well its not his because I put 5 hrs in it and dont have the heart to charge him shop rate so when he needs it I will try to help.......again. Oh, I am missing my point, sorry, he wants to trade, yep trade parts, because he bought the wrong parts elsewere, so I spent a few hrs trying to find stuff t trade him. But even I have a limited amt f time, trades can wait, but then there is the set f used pistons he wants, cheap......HIS WORDS

I have to run they are actually calling me, I wont get into this again, please tell the complete story, if you must CHAT......LOL
And dont come here with a bat, I dont want anyone to spend the cash on a ticket, tell me were you want me to go, but be prepared to tell your family why you have a bat sticking out your A-S

Rick

Re: Caution!Caution! Buyers be-ware - 08/01/09 12:17 AM

Quote:

Quote:

yes fit it in a travel on, or in the luggage under the plane.
I almost made a trip down to texas last year.

why are the Amish girls hotter or much easier down there

well i dont know, i have never been over there.
if i am ever over there i will let you know.
but you better hope i dont have a bat, cause you might see it on the news.
it wont be pretty. i dont think you understand the hatred there.
Posted By: LA360

Re: Caution!Caution! Buyers be-ware - 08/01/09 12:30 AM

I've not had a problem with Rick, he is a little tricky to get hold of at times now that he is working 9-5, but I have always gotten my parts when I have ordered them. I have been dealing with Rick for years and will continue to do so.
There is always two sides to a coin and every story.
AL.....

Re: Caution!Caution! Buyers be-ware - 08/01/09 09:36 PM

Well, Rick:
I have done my job, paid for all, I also paid for the freight twice (more than 1/2 year ago), and YOU STILL DID NOT DELIVER. I have been patient, and you cannot blaim me for not having delivered my part of the trade. I have kept all our correspondance, and I would not blaim your customers when the problem is in your own behaviour. So, my question is: WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT????? WILL I EVER GET MY PREPAID BLOCK AND PARTS???? Or, do I need to go to the next stage?
Thanks,
O. Mostad / Norway
Posted By: dc426

Re: Caution!Caution! Buyers be-ware - 08/01/09 10:07 PM

"what are you gonna do about it"? it appears he's already shown you what he's doing about it! NOTHING! If it were me action would have already started.
DC

Re: Caution!Caution! Buyers be-ware - 08/02/09 01:04 AM

I wonder, what do you want???? Do you want me to drive and bring it back?? Honestly I dont understand any point here, unless you have no idea it was delivered quite some time back, and I did see the tracking it is in Linden, like I said it was, so really, tell me or get off my back. And if as suspected, and you have no idea, it really does infact prove a point that I have been making here. I am sure there is a baby sitting site some were on the net, maybee it would be a nice place to CHAT..........
Rick
Posted By: TWS

Re: Caution!Caution! Buyers be-ware - 08/02/09 02:42 AM

Re: Caution!Caution! Buyers be-ware - 08/02/09 02:52 PM

FedEx Freight
171614217-5

I cant get back here for a while, so dont think I am blowing it off.........I will be back.

Rick
Posted By: Diego_Ted

Re: Caution!Caution! Buyers be-ware - 08/02/09 02:54 PM

come on guys let's all be men of our word!!

Now you all can take this to PMs.

diego
Posted By: Diego_Ted

Re: Caution!Caution! Buyers be-ware - 08/03/09 01:16 PM

Ovind Mopar wanted to add the following.

"Hi, I saw you stopped the thread. I would ask you to add this for me / on behalf of me:
Rick, this time you are right, I did get the R5 block/parts to my shipping company, according to your tracking. They did a mistake and filed it to the wrong account, thus it did not show up in my page as received. I owe you an apology, and hope you will accept it, and with this I do not have more to complain about. Hope it all works out for you. Thanks again, Oyvind Mostad / Norway

I would like to add the following; we here on Moparts need to know about vendors who are not providing merchandise and or services that have been paid for, I think this is a beneficial service to all of us. However, once a vendor had acknowledged a dis service and has plans to rectify he should be given the opportunity. If the person who feels he was wronged wants to present to the board the results that is fine. I just do not think we need to present dirty laundry for entertainment.

If anyone else has something, constructive they want to add to this post, PM me and we will see about letting it in.

Diego
© 2024 Moparts Forums