Moparts

Fuel Pressure Dropping

Posted By: moparguy1967

Fuel Pressure Dropping - 07/16/09 04:24 PM

For some reason my fuel pressure will slowly drop from 7psi to 3psi. When I start the car up cold, everthing is fine. But let it run for 5 mins, and the pressure will drop off. My car is a 71 Valiant with a stock 360 magnum converted to a carb. Im running an Alum cell with #8 line to the jegs billet filter into a jegs billet pump. From the pump to the reg is #8 line, then split to #6 to the carb. Im not running a return line to the cell. The fuel line does run about 3 inch at the exhaust at one point. But I can put my hand on it when the car is running. So I dont this it is getting the line hot. Any ideas.

Thanks, Bill
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Fuel Pressure Dropping - 07/16/09 04:30 PM

Quote:

For some reason my fuel pressure will slowly drop from 7psi to 3psi. When I start the car up cold, everthing is fine. But let it run for 5 mins, and the pressure will drop off. My car is a 71 Valiant with a stock 360 magnum converted to a carb. Im running an Alum cell with #8 line to the jegs billet filter into a jegs billet pump. From the pump to the reg is #8 line, then split to #6 to the carb. Im not running a return line to the cell. The fuel line does run about 3 inch at the exhaust at one point. But I can put my hand on it when the car is running. So I dont this it is getting the line hot. Any ideas.

Thanks, Bill

Check the voltage at the pump when this is occurring

Posted By: cudabunch

Re: Fuel Pressure Dropping - 07/16/09 04:32 PM

Check the gauge if its the fluid filled type and is getting hot it wont work .
Posted By: moparguy1967

Re: Fuel Pressure Dropping - 07/16/09 04:37 PM

I dont think it is the gauge. The car starts to lean out when the pressure drops.
Posted By: 70HemiGTX

Re: Fuel Pressure Dropping - 07/16/09 05:17 PM

Is your pump getting hot? I have the same problem. Although mine completely shut off on me.
Posted By: racerx

Re: Fuel Pressure Dropping - 07/16/09 05:28 PM

Quote:

Thanks, Bill

I have the same problem but on the nos side of the fuel system off the y block (I have not sprayed it yet)
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Fuel Pressure Dropping - 07/16/09 06:31 PM

i have noticed when those liquid guages start acting weird, i will pry up on the rubber plunger on the guage and let some air in/out and it works fine again
© 2024 Moparts Forums