Moparts

Best sb intake for turbo application?

Posted By: valiantboy

Best sb intake for turbo application? - 07/08/09 01:05 AM

building a turbo 318. nothing fancy, just a street driver. will a single plane work better than a dual plane? im thinking of somthing in the "mid-height" intake, maybe a torquer 2, weiand xcellerator.. somthing with smaller ports to help keep velocity up. am i thinking right?
Posted By: 9 Sec Phill

Re: Best sb intake for turbo application? - 07/08/09 01:10 AM

Im not a turbo guy but it seems like if its under presure it shouldnt matter. ...Phill
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Best sb intake for turbo application? - 07/08/09 01:18 AM

I think a single plane is ideal but in the end its not super important I don't think. A friend of mine is just getting the bugs worked out of his home built 85 mustang with a HX40 turbo. Its a stock 92 302(freshened) with a small cam, a dual plane intake, holley carb, and HX40 turbo running 6psi. The dual plane doesn't seem to be holding it back any as its making some steam.
Posted By: instigator

Re: Best sb intake for turbo application? - 07/08/09 01:41 AM

Carbed or fuel injection...to me this is the biggest question....carbed means the extra fuel has to also travel into the ports with the same velocity..fuel injection, doesn't matter a whole lot, the fuel is not introduced till it is almost in the cylinder head.
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 07/08/09 02:16 AM

Posted By: valiantboy

Re: Best sb intake for turbo application? - 07/09/09 11:49 AM

so basically intake choice is no big deal. it will be carb'd, blow thru with o2's. probly wont run an intercooler but water/meth inj to cool the charge.
© 2024 Moparts Forums