Moparts

Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!!

Posted By: Anonymous

Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 12:55 AM

Here are a few pics.........It's got 15X4.5" Centerline Auto Drag's on the front painted black with a pair of DS2's.........

Attached picture 5297283-IMG_0045.small.jpg

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 12:56 AM

Rear 3/4...........Weighs 3,550 with me, a full tank of fuel, and spare in the trunk.........

Attached picture 5297289-IMG_0049.small.jpg

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 12:58 AM

Motor shot.........

Attached picture 5297294-IMG_0047.small.jpg
Posted By: 426Savoy

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 12:59 AM

Looks great !

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 01:00 AM

Other side...........It's a factory power drum brake car......

Attached picture 5297299-IMG_0046.small.jpg
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 01:01 AM

very nice Wayne

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 01:03 AM

cockpit......... UPS lost my brand new, aluminum, Passon 18 spline crash box and McLeod clutch, so it's just got my stock 23 spline with Autozone clutch in it for now.......

Attached picture 5297312-IMG_0048.small.jpg
Posted By: mopars rule

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 01:05 AM

Nice ride. Is that a 440 or a stroker.

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 01:06 AM

Here's how it looked a year ago, after a smack with the retaining wall at St. Louis on 9-11-04.......

Attached picture 5297333-12-23-06002.jpg

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 01:10 AM

Quote:

Nice ride. Is that a 440 or a stroker.

Thanks, guys.......It's a 14 to 1, 514" 400......

It's my race car that looks like a "resto geek" car.........

Roll bar, connectors, and driveshaft loop are going in next week.........
Posted By: mopars rule

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 01:16 AM

It would make one heck of a sleeper. Except for the rumble of a 514" motor.
Posted By: Gumbydammit

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 01:19 AM

That is one nice Dart! Um, Wanna trade?

Attached picture 5297367-DSCN1150.JPG

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 01:19 AM

Quote:

It would make one heck of a sleeper. Except for the rumble of a 514" motor.

It sounds just like any F.A.S.T. car.........Has a Porter solid roller almost identical to Ed Cook's car.......... plus my car weighs a little less than his, and is a stick, so it should MPH pretty good......

Quote:

That is one nice Dart! Um, Wanna trade?

Here's how it looked two weeks ago.......

Attached picture 5297368-IMG_0078.jpgsmall.jpg

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 01:24 AM

another shot from two weeks ago.........Car's now got a 3.54 Dana with spool...........Hopefully I won't bend an axle again........

Attached picture 5297387-2-8-07002.jpg
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 01:26 AM

If it wasn't for the deep pan it would look like a F.A.S.T. car. Nice ride!
Posted By: Gumbydammit

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 01:27 AM

Ugh, I'll be out in the garage . . .
Posted By: DartGirl68

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 01:28 AM

So i'm not gonna lie..when I saw the picture of the accident my heart dropped..I couldnt imagine wrecking mine. I love that car. I'm glad you got it fixed though...gotta love them dart gts's

Attached picture 5297399-aaa.jpg

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 01:29 AM

Quote:

If it wasn't for the deep pan it would look like a F.A.S.T. car. Nice ride!

Yeah, the pan is the Ed Cook Signature Series Edition.....

Yeah, I figured that since the intake and carb weren't legal, I'd go all out and go for the deep pan too.......
Posted By: wheelsup68dart

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 01:31 AM

That is one good looking Dart. I like it alot.

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 01:31 AM

Quote:

So i'm not gonna lie..when I saw the picture of the accident my heart dropped..I couldnt imagine wrecking mine. I love that car. I'm glad you got it fixed though...gotta love them dart gts's

Are you the same DartGirl from a few years ago? I haven't been on here much lately, so I'm sure I've missed that info......
Posted By: BSB67

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 01:32 AM

Looks great. I really like the color too.

So, is the driver's side exhaust manifold factory stock or modified like the ones you could get from Accurate, or something in between?

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 01:37 AM

Quote:

Looks great. I really like the color too.

So, is the driver's side exhaust manifold factory stock or modified like the ones you could get from Accurate, or something in between?

It's modified.........I got it from Accurate, but I didn't like where the pipe exited, so I cut it off and moved it to where it needed to be.......From them, it pointed from the block right at the torsion bar and there wasn't enough room to make the turn and go back under the starter........
Posted By: Dart1031

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 01:42 AM

That's a bad ride Wayne But the Kamikaze is waitin' for a little Sugar
Posted By: scatpacktom

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 01:54 AM

Oooooohhhh Yeeaahhhh The big one-two power shift

Looks Awesome Wayne

I've got a 68 Dart that has been painted for 10 years now.Never assembled it,I think it is getting to be time for something new.

I can't wait to hear how it runs Wayne.
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 02:03 AM

That's potentially the coolest Dart I've ever seen. Wicked.
Posted By: chryco

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 02:09 AM

Nice work on the repair / resto !
Love it !
Chryco

Attached picture 5297502-IMG_2525.jpg

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 02:21 AM

Quote:

Looks Awesome Wayne

I've got a 68 Dart that has been painted for 10 years now.Never assembled it,I think it is getting to be time for something new.

Thanks, Tommy...... What color is your Dart??? What motor is going in it???

I LOVE the BIG 1-2 PowerShift!!!........I hope to be at the track within the next couple of weeks........I'm shooing for 128MPH+ ......... My F6 Bee ended up running 122MPH carrying 400 more pounds with less compression and cylinder head, on a hard tire.........I figure the sticky tires are typically worth 2MPH and 400LBS should be worth 4MPH.......

Quote:

Hey Pimp Daddy!!! It's coming along, slowly........at the paint shop right now........Car is straight and square........How's your Chevy/Mopar project coming along???

Attached picture 5297539-BrownSugar5-14-09002.jpg

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 02:36 AM

Quote:

Thanks.......I bought the car from the original owner in Brandenburg, KY, in 1987 when I was 15 for $1,000..........It's my first car......even drove it to high school.........

Back in 04, it was running a pump gas 438" 383 with a small solid, Straightline cam.......Car ran high 11's at 112MPH on M/T ET Street's..........I took this pic right before I wrecked it......

Attached picture 5297581-HPIM0232.JPG
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 02:39 AM

Quote:

That car is absolutely perfect!

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 02:49 AM

My car is black.Was planning on a little 383 with a little bit of compression,little solid cam and some decent heads.My car will be FAST legal but not a real effort.More or less I'll be using up some old parts.I'd be happy with 12.5s or so.

What size tires are on the back of your car Wayne?

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 03:00 AM

Quote:

My car is black.Was planning on a little 383 with a little bit of compression,little solid cam and some decent heads.My car will be FAST legal but not a real effort.More or less I'll be using up some old parts.I'd be happy with 12.5s or so.

Cool....Is it a GTS? What color stripe?....I almost went the F.A.S.T. route with this car, but since the events are so far from me and I really wanted the car to be in the 125MPH range or faster, I decided against it because I don't think I could get it there while being F.A.S.T. legal........ and unlike you, I'm not loaded with cash-holio to where I can have 10+, race ready cars!!!

Quote:

What size tires are on the back of your car Wayne?

They're 27X10.5 Hoosier Quick Time Pro's on 7" rims..............The've got a 9" tread width.......I actually borrowed them from a good friend of mine off his red '68 for mock up and to see if I liked the size......I'm going to buy a set of Centerline Auto Drags the exact same size and offset and paint them black with the same tire.......

Attached picture 5297657-Dave\'sredDart006.jpg

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 03:04 AM

Quote:

Quote:

That car is absolutely perfect!

Thanks....... Something else pretty cool about it is that it's got glass fenders, glass front bumper, and bumper brackets..........

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 03:15 AM

No it's not a GTS.Just a silly little 6 cylinder car.The car is super solid though.I was gonna make a Hemi clone, bought a whole bunch of stuff for it but the Hemi isn't in the cards right now.

So a little 383 is gonna have to do.

I bought a red stripe for it years ago but I'm a big fan of black stripes on a black car.

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 03:18 AM

Quote:

No it's not a GTS.Just a silly little 6 cylinder car.The car is super solid though.I was gonna make a Hemi clone, bought a whole bunch of stuff for it but the Hemi isn't in the cards right now.

So a little 383 is gonna have to do.

I bought a red stripe for it years ago but I'm a big fan of black stripes on a black car.

Cool........Yeah, Super Dave's Demon sure looked good black with a black stripe........

Attached picture 5297720-nats016.jpg
Posted By: 383man

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 05:08 AM

I love it. That is definetly at the top of the cool meter chart. Can't wait to hear how she runs. Ron
Posted By: goldmember

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 06:09 AM

Very sweet ride!!
Posted By: afxcoronet

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 04:38 PM

I love it...good luck at the track...
Curtis
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 04:46 PM

Very nice looking Dart
Posted By: FASTFISH420

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 04:54 PM

I want to see some more Brown Sugar shots!!!

Cool Dart
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 05:07 PM

Looks awesome! I've been getting more and more interested in the stock appearing stuff lately. Yours has the look I like! And I have to agree with FASTFISH420, I wanna see more of brown sugar! CHIP

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 05:47 PM

Quote:

Looks awesome! I've been getting more and more interested in the stock appearing stuff lately. Yours has the look I like! And I have to agree with FASTFISH420, I wanna see more of brown sugar! CHIP

THANKS, guys......I'm REALLY amped about this car........it's been a long road getting it back into shape..........I almost put it off some more to finish Brown Sugar, but I figured this car would cost a LOT less to finish and I could have a LOT of fun with it on the street......

I honestly don't have very many new pics of Brown Sugar..........but I do have a pic of the new, custom built, K-frame and new rack......I'll get by the body shop next week and take some more pics.......I'm leaving Friday for a nitrous class in Louisville or I'd get some sooner.......

Attached picture 5298657-BrownSugar5-14-09004.jpg

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 05:52 PM

another shot.......

Attached picture 5298667-BrownSugar5-14-09006.jpg

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 05:56 PM

Any of you guys got a guess as to what intake and carb are on my GTS???

Take another REALLY close look........

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 06:11 PM

It's a Dominator and either a smoothed/ground Edelbrock RPM mod'd for a 4500 or the Indy dual plane? CHIP
Posted By: 70shaker6pk

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 06:18 PM

Very nice!!

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 07:42 PM

C'mon Wayne we aren't blind.You are probably the only guy on the planet with exhaust manifolds and a dominator.

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 10:24 PM

Quote:

C'mon Wayne we aren't blind.You are probably the only guy on the planet with exhaust manifolds and a dominator.

I've said that myself a few times during the last week..... I've been waiting to see if anyone asks about it, so there probably aren't a lot of people that've noticed it.........I've had people, that are die hard Mopar guys, standing right here looking at it and never notice that's it's got a Dominator....... It's been pimped out by Porter so it drives around like a two barrel.......

Quote:

It's a Dominator and either a smoothed/ground Edelbrock RPM mod'd for a 4500 or the Indy dual plane? CHIP

It is a Denominator , but it's not one of those intakes......... I'll post up some close up pics with the air cleaner off tonight...... but I will say that the intake came as cast with a 4500 flange.......

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 11:33 PM

A friend of mine has a dominator with a choke. I always thought it would be cool to "get it" and do something like that with it.

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 11:44 PM

Quote:

A friend of mine has a dominator with a choke. I always thought it would be cool to "get it" and do something like that with it.

Wow.......I've never heard of a Dominator with a choke..........It doesn't get cold enough for long enough to need a choke in Oklahoma.......
Posted By: HPMike

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 11:56 PM

Looks nice, Wayne. I am jealous. All my stuff is just going to shittt.

MB
Posted By: forphorty

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/17/09 11:59 PM

I know edelbrock made a dual plane dominator intake called a CH440 for RBs. I dont know if they made one for the B motors. Made one for big chevies too, C454 i think. I am guessing they havent been in production since the seventies.

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/18/09 02:27 AM

Quote:

Looks nice, Wayne. I am jealous. All my stuff is just going to shittt.

MB

Thanks, Mike......As I'm sure you know, I get tired of working on everyone else's cars while mine just sat, so I slammed it together.......been working on it like a mad man every day for two weeks, inbetween work at the shop.........LOTS of late and early hours in it.........

Quote:

I know edelbrock made a dual plane dominator intake called a CH440 for RBs. I dont know if they made one for the B motors. Made one for big chevies too, C454 i think. I am guessing they havent been in production since the seventies.

Cool.........I've never heard of that intake ........I actually bought the intake brand new last year from Mancini.........If you'll notice, the sides of the intake, just below the carb, are really flat and square.........There aren't very many intakes like that..........

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/18/09 02:51 AM

intriguing dont tell me its a single plane M-1 sculpted on the outside to look like a dual plane. if so pretty stealthy

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/18/09 03:31 AM

Quote:

intriguing dont tell me its a single plane M-1 sculpted on the outside to look like a dual plane. if so pretty stealthy

You nailed it......... A good friend of mine fabbed up covers for the front and back......He also made some covers to go low, down, in the area between the two center bolts on both sides.......I just gooped the pieces on there with "the Right Stuff" and painted it.......I drilled and tapped the hole in the back of the intake for the power brakes and ran it out from under the cover........

Where are you in Oklahoma???

Here are a few pics.......

Attached picture 5299886-IMG_0057.jpgsmall.jpg

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/18/09 03:38 AM

anudder shot........

Attached picture 5299903-IMG_0056.jpgsmall.jpg

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/18/09 03:39 AM

M1 single plane with Domy all fits under a stock, flat hood with stock air cleaner and filter......with the help of 1" spacers between the K-frame and body........ That's one of those K&N bases with a 1/4" cut off the bottom of the bell and the outer edge, where the normal air filter rests, cut off......I put the 4 bolts in there to center the air filter........

Attached picture 5299908-IMG_0058.jpgsmall.jpg

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/18/09 03:49 AM

Quote:

Quote:

You nailed it......... A good friend of mine fabbed up covers for the front and back......He also made some covers to go low, down, in the area between the two center bolts on both sides.......I just gooped the pieces on there with "the Right Stuff" and painted it.......I drilled and tapped the hole in the back of the intake for the power brakes and ran it out from under the cover........ the "square and flat on the sides" got me thinking

Where are you in Oklahoma??? bville, with a black 68 satellite and a 73 rust runner sitting in the driveway.

Here are a few pics.......

thats pretty cool, i dont think i've ever seen that done before.

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/18/09 03:54 AM

Quote:

bville, with a black 68 satellite and a 73 rust runner sitting in the driveway.

Cool......I think I know who you are now........Is it still black primer??? Runs in the 12's??? On the East side of 169?
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/18/09 04:45 AM

Looks tough Wayne!
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/18/09 05:02 AM

Any word on G-U-$ and his killa wagon? I have not seen that dude on the boards in almost 2 years...

Hope all is OK

Good to see Suga's progress..

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/18/09 12:06 PM

Quote:

Looks tough Wayne!

Thanks, Clark.......Car should be a LOT of fun.......

Quote:

Any word on G-U-$ and his killa wagon? I have not seen that dude on the boards in almost 2 years...

Hope all is OK

Good to see Suga's progress..

I talked to him a couple of months ago.......and talked to his wife about three weeks ago......Long story short, he's going through some really tough times right now........but he'll come out of it and be OK.......

Yeah, between working on this GTS and starting another business venture, I haven't had much extra coinage to throw at Brown Sugar, but now that my GTS is about finished, I'm going work harder on getting it race ready......
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/18/09 12:53 PM

Wayne that car is killer , how did you get it it so light with you in it ? what heads ?
Posted By: TonyS451

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/18/09 01:04 PM

Very cool trickery! Single plane, dominator and exhaust manifolds. Don't see that every day! I'm also curious to know what heads you're running? Car is looking sweet

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/18/09 01:04 PM

Quote:

Wayne that car is killer , how did you get it it so light with you in it ? what heads ?

I weigh 205.........It's got Bulldog heads........fiberglass fenders..........fiberglass front bumper.........fiberglass front bumper brackets.....rearend's got a spool.....aluminum front wheels with DS2 tires, which are pretty light........and it's going to get an aluminum case transmission, so that should help a little........but I added weight by going to a Dana and installing the blow proof bellhousing.........plus it's going to get a roll bar, frame connectors, and driveshaft loop........

Car's still got drum brakes at all four corners so I'm thinking of going to lightweight dics up front, but my cashflow is a little low after all this.......

Quote:

Single plane, dominator and exhaust manifolds.

Yeah, I call it my dual plane, single plane intake.......

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/18/09 02:45 PM

My dart was 3605 last time I scaled it , original everything including the spare and jack in the trunk , 1/4 tank of fuel and I weighed about 190 , I'm putting alot of alum pieces on that look stock and I may get a griffon rad that looks like a stock round top but is made of Alum , I'm hoping to get the car down to 3400 with the driver .

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/18/09 03:01 PM

Quote:

Car's still got drum brakes at all four corners

Insane! I'm scared to go over 105 or so on the track with drums!

Very trick ride and virtually defines the term "sleeper".

Now all it needs is a 200 shot of nitrous with the fogger lines hidden under the intake!
Posted By: Tommy D

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/18/09 04:42 PM

Tom,

You need to do the HEMI...and run it in N/SS. Get out the sawzall and start cuttin' those rear fenders. You know you wanna.
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/18/09 04:54 PM

Congrats. That's a good looking car.

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/18/09 05:03 PM

Quote:

Insane! I'm scared to go over 105 or so on the track with drums!

I hear that a LOT, but the truth is that it stops really good.........The secret is to have the brakes religned at a brake rebuilder instead of just buying shoes from a parts store, that way 100% of the shoe's surface actually touches the brake drum.....If you look at any old road test, drums stop as good as discs, but they won't do it ten times right in a row, but I don't panic stop ten times in a row with these either........ Plus, all 18 wheelers that I know of, are drum brake........they have more surface area, so they do build heat quicker......

I've got a buddy with a 3,400LB '70 Chevelle that runs low 8's in the 1/4 and he's still running drum brakes all the way around.........

Quote:

Very trick ride and virtually defines the term "sleeper".

Now all it needs is a 200 shot of nitrous with the fogger lines hidden under the intake!

I'd do that, but I think the power level of the motor is already approaching the limits of the stock block, even with the cross bolted caps that are in it.......I wish someone made a good, iron, low deck block......

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/18/09 05:09 PM

Quote:

My dart was 3605 last time I scaled it , original everything including the spare and jack in the trunk , 1/4 tank of fuel and I weighed about 190 , I'm putting alot of alum pieces on that look stock and I may get a griffon rad that looks like a stock round top but is made of Alum , I'm hoping to get the car down to 3400 with the driver .

I was hoping for 3,400 race ready, but I'm a long ways away from that......My car's got the original radiator that I've had made into a high effeciency 4 row with a custom shroud, and it's not near enough radiator......The car overheats within 5 miles of driving, so I've been looking into other stock looking radiators too......I'd like to find a 4 row, 26" radiator with a round top.......

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/18/09 05:29 PM

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/18/09 05:37 PM

Griffin may have a radiator for you. I think they have them with the round tops.

I had 4 wheel drums on my car when it ran 10.40s at 128-129 mph. Only got about 30 passes on a set of shoes before I had to replace them and turn the drums. It would stop fine if you didn't slam on em real hard or hot lap it, lol. CHIP
Posted By: MAVERICKSHEMI

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/18/09 07:22 PM

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/18/09 08:28 PM

I've still got 10" drums on mine trapping at 99.7mph not to scarey slowing down , I never try to make the first turn off , I have a set of 4" BP discs but haven't put them on yet and not sure if it ever will .

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/18/09 09:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

bville, with a black 68 satellite and a 73 rust runner sitting in the driveway.

Cool......I think I know who you are now........Is it still black primer??? Runs in the 12's??? On the East side of 169?

not primer, dirty old black paint in need of some and east side of 75, stones throw from the Cadillac and Ford dealers. I dont think you mentioned rear springs. Super Stocks? I bet that thing will really work the suspention. Looking forward to seeing it run.

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/18/09 10:14 PM

Wayne, YOU ARE THE PIMP! You sneeky devil
Posted By: Chall74440

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/18/09 11:32 PM

Wayne, that is a sharp looking car. Hope I don't meet you on the street!

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 06/19/09 12:34 AM

Quote:

not primer, dirty old black paint in need of some and east side of 75, stones throw from the Cadillac and Ford dealers. I dont think you mentioned rear springs. Super Stocks? I bet that thing will really work the suspention. Looking forward to seeing it run.

Doh........I don't know why I said 169........I knew 75 went through B-ville.....

Car's got some springs I had made at Tulsa Auto Spring.........They're REALLY stiff........The passenger side actually has a bit too much arch, so I'm going to have to pull it to have it dearched a little.........The way it is now, with the K-frame on top of a socket on top of my floor jack, the right rear is 1" higher at the wheel well, but I have to have the driver's side T-bar cranked all the way up to make it sit level, while the passenger side T-bar is level with the bottom of the control arm.......Just giving it half throttle, it pulls really hard to the left........so, it's obviously, got way too much preload........

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 11/08/09 01:47 AM

Car ran good today at the Mopar Event in Tulsa........ This was my second time out with the car.......

First pass, I left really easy and rolled into the throttle........Ran 11.13 @ 125.9..........Second run it ran 10.991 @ 126.09 with a 1.733 60' ........I left around 2,500, got the car rolling, and when the cluth pedal was all the way out I went WOT and started rowing gears .........I was afraid to leave any higher than that because the last time I tried that, it ran through the clutch and ran 11.24 @124............Today was a blast......It was funny how many people came by after that run to check it out.......

Car's getting there.......and I haven't done ANY tuning yet.........2 more MPH and I'll be able to sleep at night....
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 11/08/09 02:17 AM

Thanks for the update, I love that car.
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 11/08/09 05:36 AM

One thing that I like is how you only see one feed line to the carb depending on what side of the motor you look at. At first I figured that was done to give the illusion to those not in the know of hi-po parts/street action smarts. I was impressed to see that this mod also allowed the coil to ride on the intake, helping hide the single plane. Nice job player. It would not have fooled me if the hood was up but I'd have to say I might have had my $$$ taken if it stayed shut. Lovely car my good man.
Posted By: RobX4406

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 11/08/09 06:10 AM

Nice runs Wayne!
Posted By: 64Post

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 11/08/09 06:29 AM

Glad you got it back together, Wayne. I remember seeing the car on the trailer @ MM. Hell, I almost cried when I saw it, so I know how you must've felt...

I love those 68 Darts, man. Good Luck with her...

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 11/08/09 08:08 AM

nice work wayne .
Posted By: headhunter

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 11/08/09 02:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Looks Awesome Wayne

Thanks, Tommy...... What color is your Dart??? What motor is going in it???

I LOVE the BIG 1-2 PowerShift!!!........I hope to be at the track within the next couple of weeks........I'm shooing for 128MPH+ ......... My F6 Bee ended up running 122MPH carrying 400 more pounds with less compression and cylinder head, on a hard tire.........I figure the sticky tires are typically worth 2MPH and 400LBS should be worth 4MPH.......

Quote:

Hey Pimp Daddy!!! It's coming along, slowly........at the paint shop right now........Car is straight and square........How's your Chevy/Mopar project coming along???

your dart is awsome but i cant wait to see how brown sugar rolls out agian. have you seen jrs new play toy? its cool in a wierd way lol
Posted By: HPMike

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 11/08/09 02:32 PM

Very nice!

I dunno how you do it. My junk still sits dormant.

MB
Posted By: 70blackfish

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 11/08/09 05:08 PM

NICE CAR >>>>>>

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 11/09/09 12:59 AM

Quote:

your dart is awsome but i cant wait to see how brown sugar rolls out agian. have you seen jrs new play toy? its cool in a wierd way lol

Yeah, are you talking about the wagon, or the other Grudge car???

Thanks for the compliments guys ........It sure was a LOT of fun running that thing......It was funny to watch guys look in the car, see the pistol grip shifter, and then look for a tach......A few guys asked how I knew when to shift and I told them that when my helmet hit the steering wheel, I'd pull the lever .......I had one guy ask why I didn't run headers and I told him that I didn't need them ......LOTS of guys were asking what the intake was......

Quote:

I dunno how you do it. My junk still sits dormant.

Heck, I wish I had time to take pics of half nekid girlies on cars in my shop like you do....... Seriously, I haven't done anything to it......It's sat for months while I was working on my Performance Engine Building and Carburetor Tuning DVD.......... I did swap out the 3.54 gears for 4.10's though, to make the street clutch live a little longer..........

Here's a pic of it out at the track.......

Attached picture 5593810-4087164330_d977189148.jpg

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 11/09/09 01:08 AM

anudder pic with my buddy's GTS in the foreground.......

Attached picture 5593827-4086401783_0afd634da4.jpg

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 11/09/09 01:09 AM

Awesome car!!

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 11/09/09 01:26 AM

Here's one rowing gears......

Attached picture 5593882-IMG_1051small.jpg
Posted By: firefighter3931

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 11/09/09 01:40 AM

Congrats Wayne !

Dominator and HP manifolds !

Ron
Posted By: 69Cuda340S

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 11/09/09 01:49 AM

Sweet Dart!! Love that sleeper look!
Posted By: headhunter

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 11/09/09 02:28 AM

not the wagon iys another ride and neat
Posted By: sogtx

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 11/09/09 03:28 AM

very stealth ..
awesome car !

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 11/09/09 01:03 PM

In the lanes.........

Attached picture 5594588-MATP09_07.JPG

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 11/09/09 01:32 PM

I love that car!

Now we need an update on brown sugar. CHIP
Posted By: rt66jim

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 11/09/09 04:07 PM

Wayne it was good to see you again Saturday. The car looks and runs very nice. It was good to see your little helpers with you as well. Reminded me of the days when my son was that size and came to the track with me. Glad you were happy with your results. Jim
Posted By: never2ready

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 01/21/10 09:26 PM

Car looks good Wayne. Working on one myself. Did you mini tub or move springs in?
Posted By: 68 HEMI GTS

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 01/21/10 09:29 PM

very nice GTS!!!

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 01/21/10 10:55 PM

Thanks, guys......

Quote:

Car looks good Wayne. Working on one myself. Did you mini tub or move springs in?

It's not mini-tubbed.....but the springs are moved in with a relocation kit....

Attached picture 5750833-untitled5.jpg
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 07/25/10 12:38 PM

Ran the car again last night.........

Made an easy check out pass and went 11.11 @ 127 spinnin the tires a little on launch because I didn't get a very good burnout.............

Next pass, I left a little harder (about 2,500RPM), but not hard enough because it bogged a little, and ran 10.97 @ 127............

I'd seen a local guy run 10.97 @ 127 in a supposedly 750HP small block in a 3,100LB S10, so I had him called out over the PA (this was his first time out with it)..........I launched a little higher (about 3,000RPM) and cut a .560 light to his .760 off the tranny brake and we both ran 10.69..........I went 127.6 to his 129.......... I ran a 1.53 to his 1.66 to the 60 foot mark........and I ran 6.82 @ 101.23 to his 6.90 @ 103 to the 1/8..........so, this is all he saw the whole way down the track.......

Attached picture 6103852-0724101456a.jpg
Posted By: B1Fish540

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 07/25/10 12:53 PM

aarrhgggg..those SB S-10s Hope you crush him next time, btw, your Dart is way cool..love the stealthy-ness. I have a 400 I'm thinking about doing the same thing with. What heads are you using, 440source?
Posted By: 68 HEMI GTS

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 07/25/10 01:00 PM

sounds like its working good, what r you running for a clutch?

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 07/25/10 01:15 PM

Quote:

aarrhgggg..those SB S-10s Hope you crush him next time, btw, your Dart is way cool..love the stealthy-ness. I have a 400 I'm thinking about doing the same thing with. What heads are you using, 440source?

I got there first........We both ran 10.69 and I left on him by two tenths!!.....It was great......

No Source heads for me It's got Bulldog's done by Porter.......

Quote:

sounds like its working good, what r you running for a clutch?

I've got a Ram clutch and disc (Power Grip HD)......Been working great so far......

I can't say enough about the Passon aluminum case 18 spline crash box......That thing works flawlessly.......It shifts like butter so I never have to worry about missing a shift.......

And Dwayne Porter........He's the voodoo behind the heads and cam.......Great guy and does a fantastic job........

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 07/26/10 02:09 AM

Nice Wayne, it wasn't Grant with the S10 was it?
Posted By: mkdart

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 07/26/10 02:29 AM

Hey I have picture like that... cool car

Attached picture 6105119-Dart3.jpg
Posted By: RobX4406

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 07/26/10 02:36 AM

Quote:

we both ran 10.69..........I went 127.6

I ran a 1.53 to his 1.66 to the 60 foot mark

Damn that's a nice run. Congrats.

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 07/26/10 12:51 PM

Quote:

Yeah, it was Grant.....Super nice guy and his 15 to 1 434" small block runs really well...... We both had a blast.......even had a little staging battle.... He's definitely got more in it, plus he's going to spray it in a few weeks..... so I better enjoy my spot at the top of Tulsa's Top Ten Street Cars while I can.....

So, what's Clark up to? Haven't seen you at the track in a while...... You're probably still 4 wheeling and partying like a rock star......

Quote:

Hey I have picture like that... cool car

What motor is going in yours??? Looks great.....

Quote:

Damn that's a nice run. Congrats.

Thanks, Rob........I had a blast........It was the most fun I'd had at the track quite a while...... There's nothing like being the underdog, revving the motor to 3,000, dumping the clutch, seeing yourself get a fairly large jump (2 tenths) and then power shifting to Victory with the other guy right in your blind spot the whole way down the track.......

I weighed it while at the track and it was 3,615LBS with a full tank of fuel.......

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 07/27/10 02:18 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, it was Grant.....Super nice guy and his 15 to 1 434" small block runs really well...... We both had a blast.......even had a little staging battle.... He's definitely got more in it, plus he's going to spray it in a few weeks..... so I better enjoy my spot at the top of Tulsa's Top Ten Street Cars while I can.....

So, what's Clark up to? Haven't seen you at the track in a while...... You're probably still 4 wheeling and partying like a rock star......

I know grant from back in tech school. He has mopar respect that goes way back, its good your keeping him in line .

Not been up to much. I keep saying I will get this car together and someday I just might. The car is actually ready for a motor I just need to put one together.

I need to get out to the midnights and see your hot rod run.

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 07/27/10 03:00 AM

Quote:

I know grant from back in tech school. He has mopar respect that goes way back, its good your keeping him in line .

Not been up to much. I keep saying I will get this car together and someday I just might. The car is actually ready for a motor I just need to put one together.

I need to get out to the midnights and see your hot rod run.

Yeah, it'd be good to see you out there hammering on your car......Didn't you have a bullet in the works???

I won't be going out this week.....I'm taking my bambino's camping over in Arkansas........but I'll be out the weekend after.........
Posted By: KOS

Re: Woohoo!!! I got my 68 GTS on the road again!! - 07/27/10 03:33 AM

Quote:

Other side...........It's a factory power drum brake car......

looks like a dommy under that air cleaner........cool build!
© 2024 Moparts Forums