Moparts

Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car

Posted By: Magnum

Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/14/09 04:04 PM

From Southern Ontario.
Truck/enclosed trailer/Belvedere.

Car is orange, super trick wheels, black interior.

Megablock, Edelbrock heads, A&A crossram.

Pics are coming.
Posted By: KD800X

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/14/09 07:15 PM

This isn't Lloyd Bookers car is it?
Posted By: topside

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/14/09 09:42 PM

Hopefully MCG is already aware of this; they're good at spreading the word - but it might also get parted out on eBay, so let's all keep an eye out.
Description of the trailer would help, in case someone sees it on the road.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/14/09 09:47 PM

is this a post or hardtop belvedere?
Posted By: hemi-challenger

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/14/09 09:49 PM

Truck and trailer have been found, the car is still missing. Orange 63 Plymouth. We all need to get the word out to find this car.
Posted By: amixon

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/14/09 10:00 PM

It makes me sick to hear that someone did this

You don't even want to know what I think should be done to the people resposible...

I hope they find his car intact and the folks that stole it...
Posted By: 77DragracerR/T

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/14/09 11:05 PM

Nothing is safe anymore!

Attached picture 5292517-My2009RacePictures005.JPG
Posted By: 383man

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/14/09 11:16 PM

I hate anyone who would do that. Thats a very nice 63 and I do hope they find it intact. Ron
Posted By: 69B3GT

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/14/09 11:52 PM

Its a shame what happened, amazing how you cant leave anything unattended anymore. Hopefully the car is found. Ill keep an eye out for parts though. Best of luck
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/15/09 02:02 AM

That really sucks and I hope he can get his car back I have raced with him and he is a super nice person.

And if they catch the thieves

Russ
Posted By: torkrules

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/15/09 10:40 AM

Quote:

This isn't Lloyd Bookers car is it?

Yes this is Lloyd Bookers car. The old engine and trans out of my old Charger is in that car. I'm going by memory but here's what to look for:

496 stroker
Eagle 4.15 stroke
Eagle rods
Roll Master timing chain
Milodon 8 quart pan and windage tray (the tray was modified to clear the pick up. Theres a piece cut out around the pick up)
Fluidampr with a recess for the pullies
March underdriven pulleys
Ross 4.375 pistons with .990 pins
Comp roller cam (not sure of the part number but it had about .658 lift and 290 duration)
Comp lifters
Megablock (may have 496 stamped on the ID pad)

The engine was originally painted Chrysler blue but is now orange painted over the blue.

The trans had billet servos, TCS steel front drum and a home made sleeve to space the parking brake hub as the governor was removed. It also had a Griner valve body.

If any one has anything like the above for sale, be suspicious, especially the ad is from Canada, Ontario, Mount Hope, Caledonia, Binbrook, Brantford area.
Posted By: 72chrgrally

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/15/09 11:52 AM

Thanks to Jeff And John for making this thread and for providing the details, I wasn't able to get onto a computer yesterday. I got a call from Lloyd yesterday morning, he is obviously very upset. I just hope that they can find the car and it is in one piece.
The police did find the truck and trailer dumped on the reservation just south of Hamilton, the truck has some damage and so does the trailer. They also stole all of his tools, a spare set of Super-trick wheels, and his Honda generator.

Southern Ontario guy keep an eye out for the car or any of the parts accociated, they are not too common in this area and they have to surface somewhere.
Steve
Posted By: KD800X

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/15/09 12:19 PM

What day did it get stolen, and where was it setting at?

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/15/09 12:28 PM

Quote:

What day did it get stolen, and where was it setting at?

It was stolen late Saturday night/early Sunday morning. I drove past his house around 11 with my g/f and the rig was sitting in his driveway.
Steve
Posted By: MoparDave431

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/15/09 03:26 PM

Just posted a bulletin on myspace fwiw. Hope you get it back and catch the jerkoffs that stole it. This [Edited by Moparts - Keep it clean] really burns my ass.
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/15/09 11:32 PM

They were making announcements about this at TMP over the weekend. I hope the car turns up!

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/16/09 01:35 AM

There is way to much of this going on, there have been at least 8-10 cars and rigs stolen just this year...THESE CROOKS NEED TO BE HUNG BY THE NUTS!!!
I hope the Lloyd gets his car back soon.Everyone will be on the lookout I am sure..How about you guys in other countries keep an eye out for it as well..I know they found an ad for another stolen car in Europe a while back...
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/16/09 01:41 AM

wow,
I hope he can find the car,,,what a shame,,,

I assume the car was insured ?

I ended up buying a "boot" ,,, to lock the trailer tire, not perfect,,,but enough to prevent or deter theft. It goes on the trailer in under a minute.

I hope the car shows up....

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/16/09 01:55 AM

Great idea,Doug! Looking forward to seeing you at Martin next month! Mr. Booker,I hope you get your car back shortly,and in the same shape as the last time you saw it! RandyB
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/16/09 05:36 AM

I say this everytime there is a stolen thread: INSURANCE. I know that doesn't replace "the" car, but at least you can go on without any financial meltdown.

I would LOVE to find a thief..just him, me and a baseball bat.

Hope the car turns up.

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/16/09 11:56 AM

Quote:

I say this everytime there is a stolen thread: INSURANCE. I know that doesn't replace "the" car, but at least you can go on without any financial meltdown.

Hope the car turns up.

Unfortunatly the car was not insured so He isn't getting any money at all for it. The insurance company is paying for the repairs to the truck and the stolen contents out of the trailer, he won't be out racing this year unless the car turns up.
Steve
Posted By: cudarex

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/16/09 02:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Hope the car turns up.

Unfortunatly the car was not insured so He isn't getting any money at all for it. The insurance company is paying for the repairs to the truck and the stolen contents out of the trailer, he won't be out racing this year unless the car turns up.
Steve

Ouch!! Sorry to hear this.
Posted By: MarcusEdell

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/16/09 02:47 PM

Not to be rude.But why would someone own a car like that and not have it insured? It doesn't cost hardly anything to get Classic Car insurance.I have three classic cars on my policy and it costs only $500 for the year through Hagerty.

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/16/09 03:12 PM

Does your Hagerty insurance still cover you if you drag race the car?

I would bet your car is significantly different in appearance and use than this car.
Posted By: cudarex

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/16/09 03:17 PM

Quote:

Does your Hagerty insurance still cover you if you drag race the car?

I would bet your car is significantly different in appearance and use than this car.

Mine is only void when going down the track. This is thru Heacock Insurance.

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/16/09 03:40 PM

Technically its not covered when you race the car on the track and something happens.Like anything else there are ways around that in case something does happen.Its what they can or cant prove.But if it happened in a lot at a show or Meet it would be covered for sure.My car is a 63 440 Dodge with a Max Wedge in it, not much difference except it carries $30K of insurance.

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/16/09 04:34 PM

Quote:

Not to be rude.But why would someone own a car like that and not have it insured? It doesn't cost hardly anything to get Classic Car insurance.I have three classic cars on my policy and it costs only $500 for the year through Hagerty.

In Canada there are a few race only insurence companys that will insure a car, but they have stipulations that say the car can only be stored in the trailer for about 4 hrs while at home. They expect the car to be locked in the garage when not being raced or transported. And this type of coverage is about $200/month on a $35000 race car, not very cost effective. The Canadian version of Hagerty is Silver Wheels and they don't even want to talk to you if you have a race car. It's all a vicious circle and it would appear the only way to prevent the loss of a car up here is to not allow it to get stolen in the first place.
Steve

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/16/09 09:10 PM

Man thats so Damn F'd up, how could you steal someone elses ride? I hope the idiot is caught and then Ass raped in Prison for years.
Posted By: ro23car

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/16/09 10:45 PM

pepole need to keep their hands to themselves

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/17/09 03:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

In Canada there are a few race only insurence companys that will insure a car, but they have stipulations that say the car can only be stored in the trailer for about 4 hrs while at home. They expect the car to be locked in the garage when not being raced or transported. And this type of coverage is about $200/month on a $35000 race car, not very cost effective. The Canadian version of Hagerty is Silver Wheels and they don't even want to talk to you if you have a race car. It's all a vicious circle and it would appear the only way to prevent the loss of a car up here is to not allow it to get stolen in the first place.
Steve

This is all too true,there was no problem when i had my Bee insured with Silver Wheel but insurance on a race car is a whole different story.Garage must have monitored alarm system and race car only insured at premises and trailer until it passes the gate at the track.
Now I'm not sure if Lloyd's insurance has completely closed the door on some coverage for the car or not since the trailer & truck are insured with contents?
My insurance told me if anything happens to the race car while in transit it's covered with the truck towing it.

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/17/09 04:31 PM

Quote:

This is all too true,there was no problem when i had my Bee insured with Silver Wheel but insurance on a race car is a whole different story.Garage must have monitored alarm system and race car only insured at premises and trailer until it passes the gate at the track.
Now I'm not sure if Lloyd's insurance has completely closed the door on some coverage for the car or not since the trailer & truck are insured with contents?

The insurance company said tha since it is a compleatly seperate vehicle it should have had it's own coverage.

Quote:

My insurance told me if anything happens to the race car while in transit it's covered with the truck towing it.

The coverage while towing only covers an accident situation and not theft. I'm learning a lot about race car insurance because of this to cover my own butt.

Here is a link to a Canadian company that has race car coverage for those Canuck races that are intersted.

http://www.kandkcanada.com/

Protect your stuff guys!
Steve
Posted By: wheelsup68dart

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/17/09 09:34 PM

Maybe I should get clarification from Geico regarding my insurance. I told them that I wanted insurance on my trailer to cover for Fire/Theft/Damage up to $50,000 and they set my premium for such. It is so cheap like $130 a year. I informed them that the car stayed in trailer all the time and everything, the only thing they said to me at the time was that in case of theft I would have to prove value.....hence reciepts of items on car or like item costs. I just hope to never need it anyhow and hope this situation turns out good. Will keep the scope out
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/18/09 02:35 AM

Quote:

wow,
I hope he can find the car,,,what a shame,,,

I assume the car was insured ?

I ended up buying a "boot" ,,, to lock the trailer tire, not perfect,,,but enough to prevent or deter theft. It goes on the trailer in under a minute.

I hope the car shows up....

and buy 2 boots so the car has one too!!!

Jay Allen is a good guy he can help ya out fast

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/18/09 09:15 PM

Facebook group
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=210732710712
Posted By: Welderman

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/20/09 12:17 PM

Hate to here about stolen HotRods. Here in Cleveland,Ohio the police consider that an order for special parts. Front end,interior of choice,etc,. I know to keep an eye out for recently completed restorations. Well spread the word try to help. Best of luck getting your Mopar back!!!
Posted By: jake4cars

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/20/09 01:49 PM

The way I understand it the car was stolen from his driveway, I would almost guarantee this is someone he knows, I had a 67 Z-28 Camaro stolen in 1975 and that was the case, the cops told me then it was not randem, Good Luck!, I hope you get it back.
Joey
Posted By: 440_ci

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/20/09 09:35 PM

Yea exactly, especially since the truck/trailer were ditched and the car was taken (they knew what they were after).
Posted By: cheapstreetdustr

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/22/09 01:38 AM

lo-jack is the best way to recover a stolen car..
id be looking at the shipping ports on this..
the cars are going over seas..
an being hastely put into containers..
this is my best guess..
cheapst.
Posted By: Magnum

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/22/09 12:25 PM

There was news in the Hamilton Spectator concerning a busted chop shop in West Lincoln.

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/22/09 01:12 PM

Quote:

There was news in the Hamilton Spectator concerning a busted chop shop in West Lincoln.

I talked to Lloyd this morning and he hasen't heard anything.
Steve
Posted By: Welderman

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/26/09 11:34 AM

Also, you may want to attend the MOPAR NATS. in Columbus, and MOPAR FINALS at Norwalk,Ohio.(August?) Keep a very discreet eye and ear open. Especially swap meet signs (small). Ive told many people to spread the word here in Ohio and NewYork.
Posted By: Dodgem

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 06/30/09 11:41 PM

Word is Lloyd's car was found on the reserve (where the truck and trailer were previously) motor trans and gauges are gone after finger printing he gets it back!
You know he loved that car so it's a start!!!

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 07/01/09 12:48 AM

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 07/01/09 01:43 AM

I can conferm that Lloyds car has been recovered!
It is missing the engine, transmission, fuel/ignition systems, and all the gauges. We are hoping that the main parts will be recovered with the help of the police. Thanks to all for your help!
Steve

Attached picture 5325544-forsale.jpg
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 07/01/09 01:51 AM

I am sure glad that he did recover the truck, trailer and at least the body of the car. Hopefully the engine and other parts will show up soon and they catch the scum bags that took it Steve, let Lloyd know that I am really sorry for what he has gone through and that I hope he can get that car back together one day so we can race again. Maybe I can help him in some way....

Russ

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 07/01/09 01:52 AM

I hope they catch those bastards but on the reserve the six nations police are part of the red skin mafia so no co-operation with the provincial police.
Hell they may have been in on it! relatives for sure!!!

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 07/01/09 02:02 AM

I just got off the phone with Lloyd and he says he's trying to wind down now as he's pretty excited about getting it back.At least now he can rebuild.Amazing the car came back in good shape without scratches or dents on the body and how they pulled the engine/trans without removing the hood.

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 07/01/09 02:19 AM

Quote:

I just got off the phone with Lloyd and he says he's trying to wind down now as he's pretty excited about getting it back.At least now he can rebuild.Amazing the car came back in good shape without scratches or dents on the body and how they pulled the engine/trans without removing the hood.

They probably used the winch on the res tow truck that is Charging him $100o for the tow off the res!!!
Stealing is legal on the res and I'm sure the res police are well tied into this from the begining!!!
Posted By: 383man

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 07/01/09 02:20 AM

Thats great. I am so glad they got the car back. Even if they dont find the eng he can always build another one but I hope they do find it along with the Aholes who did it and nail them to the wall. Ron
Posted By: hemi-challenger

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 07/01/09 12:44 PM

Steve can you get on here and let me know if this is true, did Lloyd get his car back and what is the condition. Thanks / Gary

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car***UPDATE - 07/01/09 02:53 PM

Quote:

Steve can you get on here and let me know if this is true, did Lloyd get his car back and what is the condition. Thanks / Gary

Yep he has the car back, I posted a pic a few replies back. The car is missing its engine, trans, ignition, fuel system, gauges, front bumper (??), battary. There is no body damage at all, it was like they took it apart like they were going to use it. We are still hoping that the low life that took it will be caught and the engine and trans located.
Steve
Posted By: 73Runner

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car - 07/01/09 08:53 PM

[
They probably used the winch on the res tow truck that is Charging him $100o for the tow off the res!!!
Stealing is legal on the res and I'm sure the res police are well tied into this from the begining!!!

$1000.00 for a tow, I hope they at least threw in a carton of smokes.
Posted By: RemCharger

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car***UPDATE - 07/01/09 09:00 PM

I'm sure once found, there will be an appropriate sentencing circle whereupon much sweetgrass will be administered, and a happy resolution for all will ensue...

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car***UPDATE - 07/01/09 10:44 PM

When the thieves are found, I bet auto thefts (mostly muscle cars) will drop 90% in the Hamilton/Niagara region. They need to invade that BS res and recover what I am sure will be tons of cars and parts.
Posted By: fastback383

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car***UPDATE - 07/02/09 12:01 AM

Quote "When the thieves are found, I bet auto thefts (mostly muscle cars) will drop 90% in the Hamilton/Niagara region. They need to invade that BS res and recover what I am sure will be tons of cars and parts. "

Not likely , I was told that just down the road from where these cars were found that a couple of weeks earlier the towing company removed 34 . Yes 34 stolen cars from a property there. And that is within a few miles of this location. Unbelievable.

Here is a nice pic of Lloyd racing against his ex car . He used to own the one in the far lane also but recently sold it. A great picture.
Posted By: BergmanAutoCraft

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car***UPDATE - 07/02/09 12:50 AM

Common thing to have happen in that area.

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car***UPDATE - 07/02/09 11:49 AM

Quote:

Here is a nice pic of Lloyd racing against his ex car . He used to own the one in the far lane also but recently sold it. A great picture.

Richie, the guy that owns the '64 now, was racing at grand bend last weekend and had half the track come up to him and say they were going to call the cops.lol. He explained the situation and all was good.
Steve
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car***UPDATE - 07/02/09 12:52 PM

It sucks the drivetrain is gone, but I'm very glad to see he got the car back and it's not damaged!!! CHIP
Posted By: torkrules

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car***UPDATE - 07/02/09 09:54 PM

Quote:

It sucks the drivetrain is gone, but I'm very glad to see he got the car back and it's not damaged!!! CHIP

We know some decent guys on the reservation. If the drive train is still out there somehow they will find out about.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car***UPDATE - 07/03/09 01:26 AM

Maybe a good time to upgrade the powerplant!

Attached picture 5329893-IMG_2020.JPG
Posted By: mrpatel

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car***UPDATE - 07/03/09 02:23 AM

I am glad he got his car back,I have a few friends out his way that were keeping an eye for him. I seen on BBD that it was recovered, I hope and bet he gets the rest back soon! Still, major set back. Good luck! Andrew
Posted By: DonnyBrass

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car***UPDATE - 08/14/09 08:31 PM

Well, we just lost a Camaro in the same area, COPO Pete Simpson's 1969 Pure Stock ZL1 was taken last night. They found the trailer on the outskirts of a reservation.

If anyone in the area can help, PM me through the board with advice or contact info

thanks
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car***UPDATE - 08/15/09 01:35 AM

Where's Custer when you need him ?!?!?!?
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car***UPDATE - 08/15/09 11:17 AM

Quote:

Well, we just lost a Camaro in the same area, COPO Pete Simpson's 1969 Pure Stock ZL1 was taken last night. They found the trailer on the outskirts of a reservation.

If anyone in the area can help, PM me through the board with advice or contact info

wow,,,

Nice car,,,,hope it turns up....
I always put a BOOT on my trailer if i am away from it,,overnight,,at the hotel,,etc...
this stuff is happening way too often......

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car***UPDATE - 08/18/09 01:55 PM

Well, Pete got his car back..... he posted a huge reward for the car and it found it's way home........

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car***UPDATE - 08/19/09 12:02 PM

Im happy to hear that they found that car..Its amazing we all spend 10s of thousand on our cars spend the few hundred and install GPS you could of saved a lot of time and heartache....
Posted By: formula S

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car***UPDATE - 08/19/09 02:41 PM

Quote:

Well, Pete got his car back..... he posted a huge reward for the car and it found it's way home........

Did he get it back in one piece?

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car***UPDATE - 08/19/09 03:53 PM

one peice.....

can you beleive the fellow who turned in in for the reward let Pete know it was the fastest car they had ever driven ???
Posted By: R_Blaha

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car***UPDATE - 08/19/09 03:57 PM

Quote:

one peice.....

can you beleive the fellow who turned in in for the reward let Pete know it was the fastest car they had ever driven ???

I think I would of handed over the money and then shot him for stealing my car!
Posted By: XXHEMI

Re: Stolen 63 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge Car***UPDATE - 08/19/09 09:08 PM

Quote:

Im happy to hear that they found that car..Its amazing we all spend 10s of thousand on our cars spend the few hundred and install GPS you could of saved a lot of time and heartache....

Rob

They knew where the car was the whole time! The cops claimed they couldn't do nothing about???????????????????????
© 2024 Moparts Forums