1.26 under in V/SA.

Congrats Mike!
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: Mike Jeffrey #1 in Stock at Topeka! - 05/29/09 10:19 PM

Congrats to Mike and Blaine.
Posted By: TMP66

Re: Mike Jeffrey #1 in Stock at Topeka! - 05/29/09 10:21 PM

That is way cool!

Dennis, did he lobby to get some HP reduced?
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Mike Jeffrey #1 in Stock at Topeka! - 05/30/09 12:46 AM

B5-Blaine is no longer with Mike. He switched jobs a few years ago and has not been to the track since.

TMP-Yes, he got all his information together and wrote a letter to the NHRA last year and got some horsepower removed. It allowed him to take a lot of weight out of the car and it instantly picked up .5. The last .4 he has gained just through hard work.

Writing a fact based letter seems to be a better way to get the NHRA to listen than whining on the Internet.
Posted By: RonTheAnnouncer

Re: Mike Jeffrey #1 in Stock at Topeka! - 05/30/09 12:58 AM

14.50s in a stock eliminator legal slant six powered Dippy is flat out movin'! I'd love a car like that. I seem to be at my best getting 3 and 4 second head starts.
Posted By: orangemonster

Re: Mike Jeffrey #1 in Stock at Topeka! - 05/30/09 03:00 AM

The man is meticulous...
Posted By: RonTheAnnouncer

Re: Mike Jeffrey #1 in Stock at Topeka! - 05/30/09 08:28 PM

He's still in after 2 rounds! Gonna race an AA/SA next round, gotta be a good 4.5 second head start!
Posted By: 70VcodeCoronetRT

Re: Mike Jeffrey #1 in Stock at Topeka! - 05/30/09 09:40 PM

Sweet, I miss seeing the buzzin half dozen at Kearney though. Good Luck Mike
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Mike Jeffrey #1 in Stock at Topeka! - 05/30/09 10:49 PM

Got a message from Mike this morning. He said he's been decent on the tree, and is very happy to get to play tomorrow.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Mike Jeffrey #1 in Stock at Topeka! - 05/31/09 04:25 AM

Quote:

B5-Blaine is no longer with Mike. He switched jobs a few years ago and has not been to the track since.

TMP-Yes, he got all his information together and wrote a letter to the NHRA last year and got some horsepower removed. It allowed him to take a lot of weight out of the car and it instantly picked up .5. The last .4 he has gained just through hard work.

Writing a fact based letter seems to be a better way to get the NHRA to listen than whining on the Internet.

Going 1.25 under will get your combination looked at by the HP committee soon Dang NHRA and the politics of racing, the main reason I sold my stocker and quit running NHRA stock in 1988
© 2024 Moparts Forums