Moparts

Larry Griffith's Challenger is back from graphics...

Posted By: donscuda

Larry Griffith's Challenger is back from graphics... - 05/21/09 10:26 PM

We picked up Larry's Suped Stock Challenger from having the lettering, and graphics applied. The graphics made a huge difference in how the car looks, and I really think the car looks great. I can't wait till he has the motor and trans finished to take it to the track to see what it'll run . Here's a link to the pictures... Enjoy
http://rides.webshots.com/album/572284986FxZHFb
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Larry Griffith's Challenger is back from graphics... - 05/21/09 11:03 PM

Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: Larry Griffith's Challenger is back from graphics... - 05/21/09 11:09 PM

Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Larry Griffith's Challenger is back from graphics... - 05/21/09 11:18 PM

Posted By: SSAAHemiFan

Re: Larry Griffith's Challenger is back from graphics... - 05/21/09 11:44 PM

Nice... It was cool how they used the same "lace" feature as was on his SS Dart.
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: Larry Griffith's Challenger is back from graphics... - 05/21/09 11:49 PM

WOW. Thats all I have to say, wow. And maybe a .. Great job, congrats, and good luck. They eyes of the world are watching you.. Any pics of the 68 to compare ? What engine combo are you going with ? Coil pack Hemi ??

Re: Larry Griffith's Challenger is back from graphics... - 05/22/09 12:06 AM

The engine is out of a wrecked SRT8 Magnum. I can't wait to see it run for the first time. I hope it will run as good as he is expecting.
If you want, you can check out Larry's website for his updates, but I'll keep everyone up to date with the infor I have.

http://www.larrygriffithracing.com/

and, here's a link to his '68 Dart....

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2643652820090521411wjCSDC
Posted By: mprrlz

Re: Larry Griffith's Challenger is back from graphics... - 05/22/09 12:18 AM

That is a very nice awesome car.

Was it built for Stock or Super Stock?

Cory

Re: Larry Griffith's Challenger is back from graphics... - 05/22/09 12:27 AM

It will run in Super Stock... I'm not sure what class he'll be factored into yet though.

Re: Larry Griffith's Challenger is back from graphics... - 05/22/09 12:31 AM

So is this the first 2009 Super Stock Challenger?

Cory

Re: Larry Griffith's Challenger is back from graphics... - 05/22/09 12:47 AM

Yes it is... The only other older SS Challenger is the on that Don Gartlis has that's a 2008...

Re: Larry Griffith's Challenger is back from graphics... - 05/22/09 12:54 AM

I seen one of the new Cobra Mustang Super Stockers and it was backhalved with big tire.

Any reason why this car wasn't built that way?
Posted By: DaKuda

Re: Larry Griffith's Challenger is back from graphics... - 05/22/09 01:21 AM

Those cars LOOK HUGE!!!!
Posted By: SC304

Re: Larry Griffith's Challenger is back from graphics... - 05/22/09 02:28 AM

It must not be in SS Trim?
Posted By: Wicked49670dart

Re: Larry Griffith's Challenger is back from graphics... - 05/22/09 03:25 AM

Posted By: Troublemaker427

Re: Larry Griffith's Challenger is back from graphics... - 05/22/09 11:20 AM

Quote:

I seen one of the new Cobra Mustang Super Stockers and it was backhalved with big tire.

The new Cobra Jet cars were not built back halved from the factory. They are built to run a 9" slick in stock eliminator.

Re: Larry Griffith's Challenger is back from graphics... - 05/22/09 02:19 PM

Troublemaker, I understand that they didn't come from the factory backhalved, but the Mustang I seen was the Roush built Cobra that Rock Haas is driving.

I know this is a Mopar site and not trying to get away from that, just wondering why a new Challenger wasn't backhalved with big tire like a normal Super Stocker.

Think that would be one awesome looking car.

Cory
Posted By: 68hemiss

Re: Larry Griffith's Challenger is back from graphics... - 05/25/09 01:45 PM

The car looks great! For those of you who don't know or have never met Larry - he is a racer's racer and just an all-around good guy! I wish him the best of luck with his racing program and look forward to seeing him at the races this year. Does anyone know when NHRA will be classifiying/factoring the new S/S Challengers?

FYI I hope I don't ruffle any feathers with this but I think it needs mention: Jack Thomas (Chicago-area former UDRA & Hemi Dart racer) proposed to Chrysler the S/S Challenger back in 05 or so - he had a rendering that looked suprisingly like the finished product - very similar hood scoop.

Mark J
Posted By: mr_340

Re: Larry Griffith's Challenger is back from graphics... - 05/25/09 03:55 PM

NHRA has the 2009 Drag Pack Challenger listed, but not the regular Challengers. Strange?

Attached File
5251133-2009DOD[1].xls  (63 downloads)

Re: Larry Griffith's Challenger is back from graphics... - 05/25/09 05:15 PM

Quote:

The car looks great! For those of you who don't know or have never met Larry - he is a racer's racer and just an all-around good guy! I wish him the best of luck with his racing program and look forward to seeing him at the races this year. Does anyone know when NHRA will be classifiying/factoring the new S/S Challengers?

FYI I hope I don't ruffle any feathers with this but I think it needs mention: Jack Thomas (Chicago-area former UDRA & Hemi Dart racer) proposed to Chrysler the S/S Challenger back in 05 or so - he had a rendering that looked suprisingly like the finished product - very similar hood scoop.

Mark J

I actually have a copy of the PDF of the concept car he sent to Daimler Chrysler at work... I'll post it tomorrow when I get in to work.
Posted By: JRepucci

Re: Larry Griffith's Challenger is back from graphics... - 05/25/09 09:51 PM

SS concept.....Larry Grifith has his car but has anyone else gotten theirs?

Attached picture 5251799-113_0703_05_z+dodge_challenger_concept_car+design.jpg
Posted By: hemicop

Re: Larry Griffith's Challenger is back from graphics... - 05/25/09 10:07 PM

Quote:

Mopar built these things as a "kit car" just like their circle-track cars in the 70s. As a result they're basically shells & you build it as you see fit. Mopar claims it'll run in something like 20 classes . Personally I love the car & the idea--the execution both in its build & marketing was ALL wrong, IMO. Now no one knows where they'll run, what EXACTLY they'll run, who's getting 'em and if they'll even be competitive in their class.
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 05/25/09 11:19 PM

Re: Larry Griffith's Challenger is back from graphics... - 05/26/09 01:55 AM

The HP factors for the three engines look reasonable to me. It looks like NHRA wants people to build a few cars before someone goes out and runs it -1.5 under the index and gets an AHFS hit. I wonder if Jim Hale is building one? They factored his 383 Barracuda when he did that. I think he only hurt himself since I don't know of anyone else running a 1967. Wann has a 1969. The engines fall in these classes in Stock and SS:

6.1L - A/S(A),SS/E(A)
5.7L - E/S(A),SS/I(A)
5.9L - G/S(A),SS/J(A)

Re: Larry Griffith's Challenger is back from graphics... - 05/26/09 02:03 AM

The Mustangs were also $70k, not the $37k for the Challenger. I think Jeff Teuton said he was going to run the Magnum engine since he had one out of his truck. The 5.7L Hemi might be the best deal at 305 HP, 80 less than the 6.1L.
© 2024 Moparts Forums