Moparts

Info on this 64 Plymouth??

Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Info on this 64 Plymouth?? - 05/16/09 10:22 PM

I think he goes by "Tank" and possibly out of Va area.. I talked to him a few minutes at the Chrysler Classics but he was real busy..
I would love to get in contact with him on his combo, and parts..

Man that car gets it done for a large car. 8.60 8.70s in the heat.....
That car is no lite weight either...

Thanks
Bob
Posted By: 383man

Re: Info on this 64 Plymouth?? - 05/16/09 11:00 PM

Quote:

I think he goes by "Tank" and possibly out of Va area.. I talked to him a few minutes at the Chrysler Classics but he was real busy..
I would love to get in contact with him on his combo, and parts..

Man that car gets it done for a large car. 8.60 8.70s in the heat.....
That car is no lite weight either...

Thanks
Bob

What a nice 64. Thats truely awesome to run them #'s and have no blower or tunnel ram sticking out of the hood. I really like it. Ron
Posted By: FASTFISH420

Re: Info on this 64 Plymouth?? - 05/16/09 11:40 PM

I was there yesterday when he went a 8.73...that is by far the fastest car that he has owned..He has had some cool cars in the past...I went over to look under tha hood,but he never had it opened..

If I was to guess..it is probably a bigger cube hemi with a SS/AH top end..the Classic hemi cars do not have cubic inch limits..like NHRA events..I seen he had a extra Pro-flite in his trailer if he broke one ..still a very fast big body car..
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Info on this 64 Plymouth?? - 05/16/09 11:51 PM

Sure do!! Tank is a good guy

His name is Tank Crosswhite and his brother actually built the car. Its got a 605 Hemi built by FHO, and to tell you the truth it is probably the nicest hemi car i have ever seen. He used to own the 64 polara hemi car that is also running this weekend at the classic (has Walsh Fuel on the side of it now). He wanted to a 64 hemi belvedere and be able to run mid 8's and thats just what he did. Matter fact he ran an 8.61 yesterday. thats his fastest pass to date.

Casey

Re: Info on this 64 Plymouth?? - 05/17/09 01:01 AM

Tank and his brother have built several hemi "B" bodies...This one is a beautiful fast car..It is a 605 FHO motor, crossram with two 770 holleys. The neat part about this car is it has a bunch of suttle changes to the car that most people would ot even notice. The rear axle is moved forward, the front wheels are a little back so the wheel base is about 4" shorter. It is a four link and has Pro-trans..Horsepower is over 1100

Re: Info on this 64 Plymouth?? - 05/17/09 02:24 AM

He had a smoking deal on a top end set that was former SS equipment. I was very interested in the intake, but wasn't sure if he was interested in separation...
Posted By: proshiftcharger

Re: Info on this 64 Plymouth?? - 05/17/09 02:28 AM

Im curious as well. This is very close comparison to one of our team cars also a 64 B-body FHO 605 HEMI 985 hp, 4 link car.
How did Tank launch this car? Wheels up ??
Car weight, chassis set up, transbrake chip, shift points, timing, carbs set up...yeah Im wondering now just how different our set ups are being he has almost 7 tenths on us!!
Heres a guy I'd like to spend the day with and pick his brain.

Awesome car & ET's way to go Hank. Someone get him signed up here on moparts.

Attached picture 5234273-apriltestingsavoy002.jpg

Re: Info on this 64 Plymouth?? - 05/17/09 02:33 AM

Quote:

Im curious as well. This is very close comparison to one of our team cars also a 64 B-body FHO 605 HEMI 985 hp, 4 link car.
Car weight, chassis set up, transbrake chip, shift points, timing, carbs set up...yeah Im wondering now just how different our set ups are being he has almost 7 tenths on us!!

Yep, thats what I want to do as well.
The car didnt pull large wheel stands, maybe a foot or so, just hooking, and a booking....
I have a video of the car pass, and a bunch of others, my computers DVD drive is having issue's.
Posted By: Frito

Re: Info on this 64 Plymouth?? - 05/17/09 05:01 AM

Quote:

He had a smoking deal on a top end set that was former SS equipment. I was very interested in the intake, but wasn't sure if he was interested in separation...

Bob, Tank had a intake for sale today at his trailer. He buys and sells a lot. He has owned and sold a bunch of 64,65,67,68 Hemi cars. He also has been very involved in Jerry Epperson's 64 Super Stock Plymouths. He sometimes is in this area. If you need to talk to him I can get his number. He will try to run all the Classic events this year.
Posted By: dvw

Re: Info on this 64 Plymouth?? - 05/17/09 12:18 PM

Tanks cars are always very nice. That car is more heavily modified and a lot lighter than most. It takes more than a big engine to go that quick. Take a real good look at the car and you will see what I mean. It's got a lot of tricks.
Doug
Posted By: ro23car

Re: Info on this 64 Plymouth?? - 05/17/09 01:29 PM

tanks car isnt as heavy as you think it is and as far as i know he doesnt have the 770's on it but he does run strong and he is a good guy like me

Re: Info on this 64 Plymouth?? - 05/17/09 10:24 PM

yea actually he did put 770's on it, all done up by BIGS. Firsy time this weekend

After talking to him some more, he is only shifting that car at 6200 goin through at 6500. He says it has 8.40's in it real easy, but if any of you know tank he doesnt run his stuff very hard.

On other note he has a buy into the semi's today
Posted By: BryanRad

Re: Info on this 64 Plymouth?? - 05/17/09 10:59 PM

My guess is that he is running Millenium heads, has anyone verified what heads he is running.
Posted By: 52savoy

Re: Info on this 64 Plymouth?? - 05/17/09 11:18 PM

yeah..I walked up on the car today and the hood was down then. The paint is fabulous. Lots of metallic in it and clear coated a bunch. Rechromed bumpers and grille...wow.
I wished my '64 looked that good.
Posted By: 73DUSTCLOUD

Re: Info on this 64 Plymouth?? - 05/18/09 12:37 AM

Quote:

Our team? Didn't know you were part owner or driver of those cars talk about a coattail ridin wanabe.

Re: Info on this 64 Plymouth?? - 05/18/09 01:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Our team? Didn't know you were part owner or driver of those cars talk about a coattail ridin wanabe.

Never said I was part owner or driver. Im just a part of a great team made up of family and friends. Heres a pic of me riding coattail on a wheels up 9.70 blast....

Attached picture 5236066-alongfortheride.jpg
Posted By: 73DUSTCLOUD

Re: Info on this 64 Plymouth?? - 05/18/09 02:02 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Never said I was part owner or driver. Im just a part of a great team made up of family and friends. Heres a pic of me riding coattail on a wheels up 9.70 blast....

Yea that's what I thought shotgun is as close to that steering wheel as you'll get.
Posted By: Frito

Re: Info on this 64 Plymouth?? - 05/18/09 02:17 AM

Quote:

yeah..I walked up on the car today and the hood was down then. The paint is fabulous. Lots of metallic in it and clear coated a bunch. Rechromed bumpers and grille...wow.
I wished my '64 looked that good.

Paint by Steve McCreary. IHRA old time Super Stock Racer.
Posted By: ro23car

Re: Info on this 64 Plymouth?? - 05/18/09 03:53 AM

Quote:

yea actually he did put 770's on it, all done up by BIGS. Firsy time this weekend

After talking to him some more, he is only shifting that car at 6200 goin through at 6500. He says it has 8.40's in it real easy, but if any of you know tank he doesnt run his stuff very hard.

wellok i knowhe had 950 hp's from bigs with vacum secondaries
Posted By: moparmattkos

Re: Info on this 64 Plymouth?? - 05/18/09 04:00 AM

That is Tank Crosswhite I have his number if you want to pm me ill send it to you. He is a great guy. The motor that is in my car now the shortblock i bought from him.

Re: Info on this 64 Plymouth?? - 05/18/09 04:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

wellok i knowhe had 950 hp's from bigs with vacum secondaries

Not only is he fast but also good with a buy going into the semis...sounds like a low reaction time in the prior round? Impressive.

Re: Info on this 64 Plymouth?? - 05/18/09 04:03 AM

Quote:

That is Tank Crosswhite I have his number if you want to pm me ill send it to you. He is a great guy. The motor that is in my car now the shortblock i bought from him.

Matt, If you dont mind when you send Bob Tanks contact info could you PM me the info as well ?? thanks!!

Re: Info on this 64 Plymouth?? - 05/22/09 02:17 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Matt, If you dont mind when you send Bob Tanks contact info could you PM me the info as well ?? thanks!!

Matt, got your pm, thanks..greatly appreciated.

I spoke with Tank yesterday for a while on the phone. He didnt mind that I share this info for those of you that had questions regarding his 64 Plymouth.
Well...I found out why he's running 8.66's and not the 9.20/9.80 range. Heres the scoop: 605 FHO HEMI, Millenium heads, 15;1, Hogan tunnel ram, (2) 1050 Bigs, car weighs 3300 lbs, ATI 4800 stall speed, straight cut 1st & 2nd, alum drums, shifts at 6800. Cam...he said he didnt know.
His car sits somewhat lower than what you would expect a Super Stock B-body to sit. The doors and hood are fiberglass. 4 link, F/C cage.

His best is 8.66 @ 158mph. He said its capable of
8.50's. He broke his car in the semis at CC. He was on a big wheels up run shifted into second while front was in the air and broke the front input shaft.

He's currently building a stock eliminator
b-body. This means the 64 Super Stocker Outlaw in question is up for sale. Tank gave me permission to post his number should anyone be interested.
Its available turn key or will separate.
He asked that I not disclose any $ figures.

Tank Crosswhite
276-944-5761
or
276-492-3247

Hope this helps !
Doug
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: Info on this 64 Plymouth?? - 05/22/09 02:24 AM

I sold him the metal hood scoops for those cars, he's a really nice guy and has built some of the most impressive 64 race cars I've seen to date.

Posted By: OUTLAWSSAA

Re: Info on this 64 Plymouth?? - 05/22/09 03:48 AM

Same motor as mine,only with a few more cubic inches.Mine also came out of Canada.
© 2024 Moparts Forums