Moparts

Looking to do a 360 w/ centrifugal blower, help

Posted By: 70Dustmite440

Looking to do a 360 w/ centrifugal blower, help - 05/13/09 05:40 PM

A friend just called and wants to put a blower on his 360 powered dart. His fab skills are off the charts but wants something proven and will get him close to working when he gets it. He said he will probably do a blow through carb system and wants an inter cooler. He also has some sort of efi system he bought years ago that never was used so he may go that way, I'm sure its a throttle body deal. No p.s. or air on the car, also no hood scoop (yet)

Anyway, I said I don't know but you guys will, His name is Jerry Hastings, for some that will ring a bell.

Thanks for the help. Eric
I'm not on all day so if I don't reply right back please don't be offended. I'll answer your questions asap.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Looking to do a 360 w/ centrifugal blower, help - 05/13/09 05:47 PM

So what's the question? No need for a cooler these days. Just go w/ meth/H2O injection kit form Snow Performance. I made this set-up off of a BBC bracket and SB pulley. Blow thru carbs are fine up to around 12lbs.

Attached picture 5227297-sc2aa.JPG

Re: Looking to do a 360 w/ centrifugal blower, help - 05/13/09 05:52 PM

Sorry, He is looking for a quality setup from a reputable seller, and thinks 7-8 lb of boost.

I suppose he wants a kit, but has no problem with making stuff fit.
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Looking to do a 360 w/ centrifugal blower, help - 05/13/09 05:55 PM

I remember the name but can't place him.

Re: Looking to do a 360 w/ centrifugal blower, help - 05/13/09 06:00 PM

Quote:

Sorry, He is looking for a quality setup from a reputable seller, and thinks 7-8 lb of boost.

I suppose he wants a kit, but has no problem with making stuff fit.

easier to start w/ a pre-made kit and make the mods. Have him check e-bay. I'd think anything that would work for a 350 shevy would work... depending on the build. Their are some pre-fabbed mopar kits but they are around 4k. about twice what I had in mine.

Re: Looking to do a 360 w/ centrifugal blower, help - 05/13/09 06:33 PM

Yea, Quick..,. hes been around and raced everything with a gas engine forever. An old school master, noone like him.

If I sent him to e/bay and he got ripped he would send a hit squad after me. Actually he wouldn't do that but I cant let him down. I want to send him to some with some reputation.

Re: Looking to do a 360 w/ centrifugal blower, help - 05/13/09 06:37 PM

Good idea on the 350 kit tho. well see how the thread progresses.
Posted By: Blown61

Re: Looking to do a 360 w/ centrifugal blower, help - 05/13/09 06:37 PM

Here you go, get your check book ready.

http://www.smreperformance.com/chrysler-engines.html
Posted By: prochargedhemi

Re: Looking to do a 360 w/ centrifugal blower, help - 05/13/09 06:40 PM

call thesuperchargerstore.com they should be able to take care of any questions you have or parts you need. The bigblock kits are based off a small block chevy mount with adapters for it to work on a mopar. no idea on the small block chrysler stuff. You will definately save money if you are willing to make the altercations to the mount and make your own adapter
Posted By: fastfish

Re: Looking to do a 360 w/ centrifugal blower, help - 05/13/09 11:54 PM

Quote:

call thesuperchargerstore.com they should be able to take care of any questions you have or parts you need. The bigblock kits are based off a small block chevy mount with adapters for it to work on a mopar. no idea on the small block chrysler stuff. You will definately save money if you are willing to make the altercations to the mount and make your own adapter

OR you can call us...we've been making Mopar kits with ProChargers since 1995. Our kits are made specific for Mopars with our own bracektry design and crank pulley.
check us out at www.sd-concepts.com and www.youtube.com/sdconcepts
Any questions, let us know.
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Looking to do a 360 w/ centrifugal blower, help - 05/14/09 12:03 AM

Eric whats wrong with the dude you had weld something for you over here by me? he does a lot blower stuff.
Posted By: prochargedhemi

Re: Looking to do a 360 w/ centrifugal blower, help - 05/14/09 01:16 AM

Quote:

Quote:

OR you can call us...we've been making Mopar kits with ProChargers since 1995. Our kits are made specific for Mopars with our own bracektry design and crank pulley.

Any pics? prices? didn't find any on your website

Re: Looking to do a 360 w/ centrifugal blower, help - 05/14/09 12:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

SD concepts did my carb. Good service and it was ready to roll right form the box. Best $200 I spent. I did bump the rear jets up 2 but that was when I added a little more boost.

Like I said, any pre-made mopar kit is going to be 1-2k more than a GM or Ford kit.

Re: Looking to do a 360 w/ centrifugal blower, help - 05/14/09 02:11 PM

Here's a 1000 FWHP small block we did that runs 8's @ 154 mph in a 73 Duster...

How much power is your friend after?

More pics coming as I upload them...

Re: Looking to do a 360 w/ centrifugal blower, help - 05/14/09 02:25 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PAXTON-SU...sspagenameZWD1V

not saying this is what he should get, just an idea. This is the same head unit I used on my mild 440.

Re: Looking to do a 360 w/ centrifugal blower, help - 05/14/09 02:37 PM

another sdce blown engine

Re: Looking to do a 360 w/ centrifugal blower, help - 05/14/09 02:39 PM

another from a customer's car

Re: Looking to do a 360 w/ centrifugal blower, help - 05/14/09 02:42 PM

A customer in Maryland with our P1SC-2 kit, intercooled, carbureted, good for up to 650HP, car has A/C...

Re: Looking to do a 360 w/ centrifugal blower, help - 05/14/09 02:43 PM

Greg from Illinois with his SDCE built 383cid, SDCE D series mopar kit, intercooled, running 9's so far....

Re: Looking to do a 360 w/ centrifugal blower, help - 05/14/09 02:46 PM

A ProCharged Dakota R/T with our intercooled P1SC kit...

Re: Looking to do a 360 w/ centrifugal blower, help - 05/14/09 02:48 PM

Chuck's twin turbo Dakota R/T we're in the process of finishing with our SDCE Mopar turbo kit...

Re: Looking to do a 360 w/ centrifugal blower, help - 05/14/09 02:50 PM

blown SDCE small block with SDCE F2 ProCharger kit.

Re: Looking to do a 360 w/ centrifugal blower, help - 05/14/09 02:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

SD concepts did my carb. Good service and it was ready to roll right form the box. Best $200 I spent. I did bump the rear jets up 2 but that was when I added a little more boost.

Like I said, any pre-made mopar kit is going to be 1-2k more than a GM or Ford kit.

How's that carb holding up for you these days?!

Re: Looking to do a 360 w/ centrifugal blower, help - 05/14/09 02:57 PM

I will need some more info to give more accurate prices. Our mmost popular kit is a P1SC kit with a 3 core intercooler, SDCE spring tensioner, SD carb hat, ProFlo surge valve, all the bracketry and pullies, one belt, air filter, alternator relocation, misc hardware cost around $4200.00. This kit is good for up to 650HP or so.

Re: Looking to do a 360 w/ centrifugal blower, help - 05/14/09 03:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How's that carb holding up for you these days?!

Sold the car... but as far as I know fine. I was going to boost this 440 but since it was almost 11:1 I went w/ a 6-pack....next time boost will be applied for sure. Looking at doing a 408 set-up for my 95 dakota.

Attached picture 5229133-4402.jpg

Re: Looking to do a 360 w/ centrifugal blower, help - 05/14/09 03:13 PM

Quote:

I will need some more info to give more accurate prices. Our mmost popular kit is a P1SC kit with a 3 core intercooler, SDCE spring tensioner, SD carb hat, ProFlo surge valve, all the bracketry and pullies, one belt, air filter, alternator relocation, misc hardware cost around $4200.00. This kit is good for up to 650HP or so.

what do you guys think of meth injection? It would do away w/ all that extra plumbing..

Re: Looking to do a 360 w/ centrifugal blower, help - 05/15/09 01:01 PM

Thanks guys, great info so far. I'll fwd. the thread to him today. As for how much power he is looking for, there's no telling but I would imagine the 650 mark would be about right for a good thrill. Its a street beater. Not a crazy race thing , just some fun.

Re: Looking to do a 360 w/ centrifugal blower, help - 05/15/09 03:42 PM

Quote:

Thanks guys, great info so far. I'll fwd. the thread to him today. As for how much power he is looking for, there's no telling but I would imagine the 650 mark would be about right for a good thrill. Its a street beater. Not a crazy race thing , just some fun.

650HP is a good amount for a street car. Honestly, any more than that and the roads run out WAY too fast!! Around here, anyways! We take our Challenger out on the street all the time with the wagon wheel blower pulley and it's about 1000HP on the street and it's a little too much...but still a lot of fun! LOL!
Any questions, let me know.

Re: Looking to do a 360 w/ centrifugal blower, help - 05/15/09 03:45 PM

Quote:

Sold the car... but as far as I know fine. I was going to boost this 440 but since it was almost 11:1 I went w/ a 6-pack....next time boost will be applied for sure. Looking at doing a 408 set-up for my 95 dakota.

Do a 360 cid with a turbo kit! Much more efficient than a stroker! Be the black sheep! Stand out from the herd! LOL!!!

Re: Looking to do a 360 w/ centrifugal blower, help - 05/15/09 04:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Do a 360 cid with a turbo kit! Much more efficient than a stroker! Be the black sheep! Stand out from the herd! LOL!!!

I don't want to hack up the engine bay.
© 2024 Moparts Forums