Moparts

Scaling a racecar

Posted By: BANDIT

Scaling a racecar - 05/03/09 02:50 AM

Hi,I picked up a different car for this year and borrowed a buddys scales today. Have never had anything but a leaf car before and have never scaled a drag car before, so I am wondering about the #'s I have. First off, the car is a 1980 Arrow tube chassis, 30" ladder bars, Jegs vega style front end with stock type a-arms and springs. Rear end has Koni single adjustable shocks, not sure of spring weights. Motor is a mild E-headed 440 and t/flite, Dana 60 with 4:56's and 14.5x 32 tires. Corner weights with me in car are as follows, LF=621#, RF=611#, LR=657#, and RR=557#. I am a little concerned about the rear split, even though the guy I bought it from says it left straight. It has 2 batteries in the back, each on the outside of the frame rails, and I have the option of putting the left one over to the inside or the rt. rail if needed. Any thoughts on these #'s, is my concern valid, or should I just try it and go from there. I know alot of racers out there do scale their cars and any input you could throw at me would be appreciated, Thank you, Jim.
Posted By: eds dart

Re: Scaling a racecar - 05/03/09 02:57 AM

might try moving the battery to the right to see how much it might help. With you in the car you want to see the rear #,s the same or 10 to 20 lbs higher on the right rear.
Posted By: BANDIT

Re: Scaling a racecar - 05/03/09 03:05 AM

Thats kinda what I was thinking. Tomorrow I'll just set battery to other side and see what happens. I do have a Qa-1 coil over conversion with double adjustable shocks for the front I may try to get into car before racing starts up here. That would give me some more adjustment options. Thanks for the reply, Jim.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Scaling a racecar - 05/03/09 03:21 AM

You need to lift the left front some..... if its a
coil over set up dial it up on the LF, that will
apply more to the RR
© 2024 Moparts Forums