Moparts

would race fuel help

Posted By: GEORGE68HEMIRR

would race fuel help - 04/29/09 04:21 AM

going to lebonan valley friday....a bunch of us rented the track for the day[hope it dont rain] and i am running on 93 pump gas....heres what i got....heres what i have....572 hemi/68 pro-street roadrunner
keith black aluminum block
scat 4340 non-twist forged crank
oliver billet steel race rods
J E 11.5 to 1 pistons
bullit flat tappet solid cam 283/283 duration @.050 711 intake/690 exhaust
schubeck composit lifters
smith brothers push rods
stage v big valve heads 2.40/1.94
comp port and polished by tim...forhemisonly
stage v 1.6 ratio roller rockers
billet rocker stands
milodon swing gate dual line system
milodon 9 qt pan
milodon gear drive
msd distrib and 6 al
tti 2 1/8..3 1/2
indy tunnel ram
2-1050 pro-system dominators
meziere electric water pump
taylor 10.44mm wires
ati super damper
dynamic 727..broke..going for cope race tranny/which is in now
dynamic 9.5..3800stall convertor....going for the ptc..which is in now,3200 stall
mark williams chrome moly shaft with hd joints
dana 60..4.30 gears.. moser axles
29.5/13.50-15 mt slicks
8 point cage and frame connectors
mini tubbed/super stock springs moved in 3 inches
mallory comp 250 fuel pump
areomotive billet fuel pump controller
triangle 20 gallon fuel cell
ran a 10.8/127 but had problems running into rev limiter...one run only...snapped pinion yoke ears then other shaft dropped on second run
runner weighs ? 3650 through 3900...i have to check that

do you think if i run race fuel it would run any better and what octane should i use??...thanks
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: would race fuel help - 04/29/09 04:34 AM

With all of the alum you have it should stay pretty
cool and if its tuned correctly for the 93 it shouldnt
be a problem
Posted By: rebel

Re: would race fuel help - 04/29/09 04:43 AM

each to their own, but if that was my engine with that compression & cam, i'd run 103-105 octane. our fuel might have a different rating but even so i'd take a jug of higher rated gas & try it out. you'd have to bump up the timing a bit but if it meant going faster i'd try anything.
Posted By: jbc426

Re: would race fuel help - 04/29/09 03:10 PM

I'd put a wideband on it and see if that fuel pump was running out of juice well before the traps. You're feeding a lot of carb there.
Posted By: BobR

Re: would race fuel help - 04/29/09 05:13 PM

Quote:

each to their own, but if that was my engine with that compression & cam, i'd run 103-105 octane. our fuel might have a different rating but even so i'd take a jug of higher rated gas & try it out. you'd have to bump up the timing a bit but if it meant going faster i'd try anything.

I agree. Detonation cannot always be detected until your rod bearings drop out of the saddles. I understand what Mike is saying about the aluminum but with 11.5-1 I would use some amount of race gas-just to be safe.
Posted By: GEORGE68HEMIRR

Re: would race fuel help - 04/29/09 07:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I agree. Detonation cannot always be detected until your rod bearings drop out of the saddles. I understand what Mike is saying about the aluminum but with 11.5-1 I would use some amount of race gas-just to be safe.

what octane should i use??
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: would race fuel help - 04/29/09 07:10 PM

what octane should i use??

If your going to add, just use some 100 octane but
you will most likely need to add some timing to help
the burn rate
© 2024 Moparts Forums