Moparts

Nice “warning”

Posted By: n20mstr

Nice “warning” - 05/05/24 03:40 PM

Pretty true grin

Attached picture ADF6076B-1E2F-467C-A7B6-E8CFF17225BA.jpeg
Posted By: topside

Re: Nice “warning” - 05/05/24 04:18 PM

In a society where people eat Tide pods, and where circular hand-towel machines need warning labels lest someone maneuvers their head into the loop and hangs themselves, no warning is too pedantic, I suppose...
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Nice “warning” - 05/06/24 03:56 AM

There's good reasons for that warning. I used to have a buddy hooked on whiffing nitrous. I saw him try to take a hit off a 3lb motorcycle bottle at full pressure. His lips flapped like a Daffy Duck cartoon.

He's dead now.
Posted By: Tig

Re: Nice “warning” - 05/06/24 09:25 AM

Nitrous Oxide inhalation got so bad this side of the pond the Government recently banned the sale of it non commercially. You can be arrested if found in possession of it under the substance misuse act, IF it's deemed it is for "recreational" purposes. Medical, automotive uses etc are exempt but it caused some concern and confusion when the law was first introduced.
Posted By: W.I.N. Racing

Re: Nice “warning” - 05/06/24 04:08 PM

I thought they used to put some type of inhibitor in it...
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Nice “warning” - 05/06/24 04:20 PM

The medical quality is supposed to be non harmful to people, the over the counter street mix are suppose to have added chemical that stink and taste nasty enough that no one would want to get high on it, maybe you can't get high on that mix confused shruggy

Re: Nice “warning” - 05/06/24 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by W.I.N. Racing
I thought they used to put some type of inhibitor in it...

They do in the industrial stuff. What was / is getting abused mostly was the small canisters of N2O that Ice cream vendors use, and medical grade. For obvious reasons they don't have the stinky sulfurous dioxide stuff in it grin.

Re: Nice “warning” - 05/06/24 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
The medical quality is supposed to be non harmful to people, the over the counter street mix are suppose to have added chemical that stink and taste nasty enough that no one would want to get high on it, maybe you can't get high on that mix confused shruggy

Over exposure to N2O is reckoned to cause nerve damage, how much I don't know shruggy
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Nice “warning” - 05/06/24 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Tig

Over exposure to N2O is reckoned to cause nerve damage, how much I don't know shruggy

Well sometimes your nerves are shot after "overexposure" and you have to replace some pistons or head gaskets or fix cylinder heads etc ..... grin

Re: Nice “warning” - 05/06/24 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by n20mstr
Originally Posted by Tig

Well sometimes your nerves are shot after "overexposure" and you have to replace some pistons or head gaskets or fix cylinder heads etc ..... grin

grin I can understand that, we are collecting parts for a fogger system for mine. It sets my nerves on edge everytime I see the blue bottles and then think of the 727 in there blush
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Nice “warning” - 05/06/24 07:12 PM

crack heads don't care
Posted By: crackedback

Re: Nice “warning” - 05/06/24 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tig

Or killing you. Minor side effect. smile

I had 3 full 20# bottles in the 80's sitting in the garage. Went to put a couple in cars and they were empty. Nobody fessed up, but I knew who the culprit was. Valves were fine.

Don't take that Hair Dryer in the shower with you. Warning labels. oof

© 2024 Moparts Forums