https://youtu.be/WGWe2i8yQmM?si=ctK8RvnWx0GBu-9b
Posted By: 572B1

Re: First fire up of 2024 - 04/26/24 10:53 PM

Good work John. sounds healthy.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: First fire up of 2024 - 04/26/24 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by 572B1
Good work John. sounds healthy.

Thank you sir. I have a better set of Edelbrock heads almost ready for it and May end up putting them on because I ported these back in 2008 and they are starting to smoke some. I doubt if the guides were ever touched because I bought them used and damaged from a member here.
Posted By: redraptor

Re: First fire up of 2024 - 04/27/24 11:14 AM

Awesome! And good luck! up
Posted By: mopar873

Re: First fire up of 2024 - 04/27/24 11:14 AM

Sounds rowdy, ready to rock n roll.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: First fire up of 2024 - 04/27/24 12:13 PM

Go gittum John!

Re: First fire up of 2024 - 04/27/24 12:40 PM

Thanks guys. Rain is supposed to clear out by 11am so hopefully we get a race in. What a rainy month we have had.
Posted By: moparx

Re: First fire up of 2024 - 04/27/24 05:46 PM

sounds great ! up boogie
beer
Posted By: racerx

Re: First fire up of 2024 - 04/28/24 11:27 AM

That SB sounds healthy cool

Re: First fire up of 2024 - 04/28/24 12:32 PM

Thanks guys. This is the third year on it and I’ll probably rebuild it for next year. It’s gone 5.98 with my son driving and several 6.002 passes with me driving. I’m running a Racer Brown .665 fast steel cam Jim made for my buddies street car and I bought from him. Very very low maintenance engine that I can run all weekend only adding fuel. I’m heading towards my 50th year of racing and I still love this crazy sport. At 68 my plans were to slowly slide out of the seat and let my son drive but he lives and works in Cleveland Ohio now.
Posted By: racerx

Re: First fire up of 2024 - 04/28/24 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

Thanks guys. This is the third year on it and I’ll probably rebuild it for next year. It’s gone 5.98 with my son driving and several 6.002 passes with me driving. I’m running a Racer Brown .665 fast steel cam Jim made for my buddies street car and I bought from him. Very very low maintenance engine that I can run all weekend only adding fuel. I’m heading towards my 50th year of racing and I still love this crazy sport. At 68 my plans were to slowly slide out of the seat and let my son drive but he lives and works in Cleveland Ohio now.

Pitt's you are getting up there in age, what's the latest on the heads-up car work

Re: First fire up of 2024 - 04/28/24 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by racerx
Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

Pitt's you are getting up there in age, what's the latest on the heads-up car work

Engine and transmission has been bolted in for well over two years. Heads up dreams are over as I could never run a car like that by myself as it’s just to much work and travel. I try to stay within a 200 mile trip to any track I race at after listening to way too many nightmare stories about friends breaking down towing with a motorhome. Real bad if you are by yourself. The engine is built as a nitrous combo but I had an 1150 converted to alcohol just in case I want to bracket race the car at some point. At that point I would probably pull the transmission out and make one modification to the powerglide and switch out the nitrous converter. Other than that I have some lines and wires to make up and it would be ready to fire. I started porting heads for customers a few years ago mostly during the winter and it’s killed working on my cars.
© 2024 Moparts Forums