Moparts

Quick question

Posted By: cdwmotorsports

Quick question - 04/15/24 04:04 PM

For anyone that has a low deck BB and 440source stealth heads did you use a pre-built pushrod or did you make your own from a kit? I see 440source has two pre-built ones and kits too.
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Quick question - 04/15/24 04:50 PM

Because your deck height, cam base circle, and head and gasket thickness can all be different for each build, it is best to get a measuring pushrod and find out exactly what works for your combo.

Re: Quick question - 04/15/24 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by gregsdart
Because your deck height, cam base circle, and head and gasket thickness can all be different for each build, it is best to get a measuring pushrod and find out exactly what works for your combo.

I have those, the only thing changing is stock 452's to Stealth heads. I can't use the stock pushrods due to new rockers but if I don't have to custom build them it would be preferable.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Quick question - 04/15/24 07:27 PM

I use a checking pushrod and then have Manton make them the lengths I need up scope

Re: Quick question - 04/15/24 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
I use a checking pushrod and then have Manton make them the lengths I need up scope

Which series do you use? They are on the short list of companies I'm considering.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Quick question - 04/17/24 09:03 AM

The best ones they offer for race motors, series 3 for my street and strip builds with roller cam motors having under 700 Lbs. pressure over the nose up scope
They are not cheap though, i use to buy and use Smith Bros but stop doing that several years back after getting three bad sets puke
© 2024 Moparts Forums