Moparts

stage 5 hemi heads

Posted By: calrobb2000

stage 5 hemi heads - 03/03/24 12:46 AM

hi

will stage 5 heads replace original 426 hemi heads or are here other changes needed to make them work with stock intake and exhaust ?

port shapes

port location

oiling

rocker gear

thank you !
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: stage 5 hemi heads - 03/03/24 12:52 AM

If they are the standard replacement heads they should go right on and use stock gear.

If they are the ones to put on a wedge head block the rocker gear is different and the top row of bolts are in the intake port instead of being a stud in the vaalley.
Posted By: 469runner

Re: stage 5 hemi heads - 03/03/24 02:17 AM

Awesome heads, look stock and fit like stock. Way better heads than most offerings these days. I bought a set of ported ones from Tim Banning at For Hemi's Only.

Attached picture 100_4361.JPG
Attached picture 100_4360.JPG
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: stage 5 hemi heads - 03/03/24 02:54 AM

I have a pair of twin plug Stage V heads for my next twin turbo Hemi build.

Attached picture 100_1454 (2).jpg
Attached picture 100_1453 [640x480].jpg
Attached picture 100_1455 [640x480].jpg
Posted By: calrobb2000

Re: stage 5 hemi heads - 03/03/24 04:23 AM

hi .

sooooo there are only 2 types the stock replacment OR ones for wege engines ?

none for other odd combos , iis that right ? port locations , odd valve angles ect ?

thank you !

/
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: stage 5 hemi heads - 03/03/24 06:27 AM

The replacement heads were available with stock exhaust port locations, or with raised exhaust ports. Standard headers will fit the raised port bolt pattern, but will cover the top 1/4" or so of the ports. So You need to know which you are buying.
Posted By: dvw

Re: stage 5 hemi heads - 03/03/24 01:27 PM

I was under the impression the Stage 5 head used a 2" installed height. I'm assuming the valves are longer than stock. If so how can the stock stands fit do to the fact that the valve stem heights are taller and further apart?
Doug
Posted By: B1duster

Re: stage 5 hemi heads - 03/03/24 02:01 PM

http://www.stagev.com/pages/426hemihead.html
I think they had stopped offering the replacement heads. ???
The Custom heads are a better casting with semi finished dual plugs.
I have a set with standard exhaust port and 2.25 &1.94 valves.
I sent them to Ray Barton to have cnc ‘d.
https://www.raybarton.com/products/stage-v-bare-aluminum-hemi-head

Attached picture IMG_5693.png
Posted By: Craig J

Re: stage 5 hemi heads - 03/03/24 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by 469runner
Awesome heads, look stock and fit like stock. Way better heads than most offerings these days. I bought a set of ported ones from Tim Banning at For Hemi's Only.

Did you get them recently? I just got my BMP block, I want a set of heads that look stock for my Plymouth.

Thanks,
Craig
Posted By: rickseeman

Re: stage 5 hemi heads - 03/03/24 02:55 PM

The Stage V guy died. Tim at FHO has bought Stage V. I don't know how long it will be before he has heads available. It will most likely take a while. Stage V's would look closest to stock but you do have a BMP block. If you want heads anytime soon, buy Edelbrocks. And they will cost you 1/2 as much. If you are looking at used Stage V's you will have to know which ones they are (there are a couple of different variations) and if they will work for you. I love Stage V's, but right now is a bad time to be needing some.
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: stage 5 hemi heads - 03/03/24 03:54 PM

I have a pair from Tim. How do you tell which ones you have visually? Its never been clear to me how you tell the difference.
Posted By: second 70

Re: stage 5 hemi heads - 03/03/24 04:20 PM

They had replacement heads that would work fine as stock and I believe the bigger performance heads were called millennial heads.

http://www.stagev.com/pages/426hemihead.html

Re: stage 5 hemi heads - 03/03/24 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by mopar dave
I have a pair from Tim. How do you tell which ones you have visually? Its never been clear to me how you tell the difference.

Of the heads they were selling for the last 10 or more years that we would use, the replacement heads were made from a 1965 street hemi casting head. So you will see the normal Mopar date tag on the left under the valve cover.

The custom heads will say HANSEN there.

Re: stage 5 hemi heads - 03/03/24 06:10 PM

Looks like I have the custom heads. What is the differences between the replacement head and the custom head? Not sure the TTI A body headers will fit my application.

Attached picture IMG_0683.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_1453.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_0682.jpeg

Re: stage 5 hemi heads - 03/03/24 06:17 PM

The custom heads have more meat in them for porting, strength etc. And you can get them in 16 plug, raised exhaust port, 21-1/2 degree exhaust angle etc. TTI does make headers for Stage V heads with raised exhaust port, but not in an A-body.

Re: stage 5 hemi heads - 03/03/24 08:31 PM

That sucks. What are the header options for A body with the custom head?

Re: stage 5 hemi heads - 03/03/24 09:08 PM

I don't know of any except custom. We used to have a guy around here that built beautiful custom headers cheap, but that's not the case anymore.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: stage 5 hemi heads - 03/04/24 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by rickseeman
The custom heads have more meat in them for porting, strength etc. And you can get them in 16 plug, raised exhaust port, 21-1/2 degree exhaust angle etc. TTI does make headers for Stage V heads with raised exhaust port, but not in an A-body.

Do the heads he have come standard with raised exh ports and the 2 1/2 angle change or are those options ?

Re: stage 5 hemi heads - 03/04/24 01:26 PM

I went to the stage v site and it looks like the custom heads can be ordered with different angle valve and raised or standard exhaust port. I do not know which i have.

Re: stage 5 hemi heads - 03/04/24 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by JohnRR

Do the heads he have come standard with raised exh ports and the 2 1/2 angle change or are those options ?

The raised exhaust ports and 1-1/2 exhaust angle change are options, like the 2.375" intake valve (or other sizes).

Re: stage 5 hemi heads - 03/04/24 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by mopar dave
I went to the stage v site and it looks like the custom heads can be ordered with different angle valve and raised or standard exhaust port. I do not know which i have.

Those look like raised exhaust to me. With careful measuring with an iphone or one of these you can tell if your exhaust is stock 23 degree or 21-1/2 degree. If you have a 2.375" intake (or similar) they will probably be 21-1/2 degree.

Attached picture angle.jpeg

Re: stage 5 hemi heads - 03/04/24 02:18 PM

Gonna have to call Tim and see just what i bought from him and maybe get an idea if the TTI header will work. Gonna do the tubular K and whatever it takes to fit headers on this thing.

Re: stage 5 hemi heads - 03/04/24 02:23 PM

I've never done tubular K but they sure look nice to me. Hopefully with rack and pinion and no torsion bars the headers would fit.

Re: stage 5 hemi heads - 03/04/24 04:36 PM

Yes, i hadnt planned it that way, but may have no choice in the whole situation..
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: stage 5 hemi heads - 03/04/24 05:51 PM

I've never done tubular K but they sure look nice to me. Hopefully with rack and pinion and no torsion bars the headers would fit.

Yes, a tubular K frame does make it nice. I was able to weld up my multi-piece Super Comp Hemi Headers into 2 solid pieces. (1 complete header per side). I am able to slip them in up from the bottom on both sides and bolt up in minutes by myself. I did have to reconfigure the #1 tube around the steering shaft down to the rack.

Attached picture 20150920_190437.jpg

Re: stage 5 hemi heads - 03/04/24 11:00 PM

Stage V custom heads were, shall we say, custom. Lots of options. Here is a list.

Attached picture IMG_1052.jpeg

Re: stage 5 hemi heads - 03/05/24 04:15 AM

I do know that mine have 2.30 valves in them.
© 2024 Moparts Forums