Moparts

Eicke "Chev-Par" Pro Stock block

Posted By: Brad_Haak

Eicke "Chev-Par" Pro Stock block - 01/26/24 06:24 PM

Y'all remember when the Dale Eicke-run Mopar NHRA Pro Stock team was basically using a GM block as the basis for their "Chev-Par" engine? Chad Speier posted a pic of one showing lots of details of what they did in the valley for oil control and drain-back. First thing I noticed was... aluminum main caps, which I wasn't aware were used in engines of this caliber. scope

I hadn't seen them used other than as a Band-Aid for those of us still running stock OEM Mopar big blocks. hammer

Attached picture Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 9.34.54 AM.png
Posted By: jyrki

Re: Eicke "Chev-Par" Pro Stock block - 01/26/24 09:12 PM

I believe Wayne County tried to develope their 4.9" sore spacing block also on a GM style aftermarket block. They still tried to use a B1 TS style head though.
Posted By: LA360

Re: Eicke "Chev-Par" Pro Stock block - 02/08/24 01:05 AM

Before this engine, it was B1 TS heads on a Phoenix block, which was closer to a chevrolet block, than it was a Mopar block.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Eicke "Chev-Par" Pro Stock block - 02/08/24 01:45 PM

What's funny is all the internet/facebook "experts" commenting on the cylinder head pics talking about nitrous.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Eicke "Chev-Par" Pro Stock block - 02/08/24 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda
What's funny is all the internet/facebook "experts" commenting on the cylinder head pics talking about nitrous.

Because they see the Steam hole lines and assume its a nitrous deal....I have been friends with the Koffels for a long time and the truth is not as exciting as the stories I suppose. Ask KB racing about their backfire through the scoop, they share a common failure point with the Mopar guys.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Eicke "Chev-Par" Pro Stock block - 02/08/24 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda

Because they see the Steam hole lines and assume its a nitrous deal....I have been friends with the Koffels for a long time and the truth is not as exciting as the stories I suppose. Ask KB racing about their backfire through the scoop, they share a common failure point with the Mopar guys.

Exactly. People making assumptions b/c they don't have a clue what they're looking at.
Posted By: LA360

Re: Eicke "Chev-Par" Pro Stock block - 02/08/24 10:55 PM

Funny thing is if they took the time to look, they'd see that its plumbed over the exhaust. The internet is dumb sometimes
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Eicke "Chev-Par" Pro Stock block - 02/09/24 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by LA360
The internet is dumb sometimes

Should say ALL the time laugh2
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Eicke "Chev-Par" Pro Stock block - 02/09/24 05:50 PM

Do we really want to bring MFG. back to the USA. whistling

Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
Originally Posted by LA360
The USA internet is dumb sometimes

Should say ALL the time laugh2