Moparts

Who has the best price for small block aluminum heads?

Posted By: migsBIG

Who has the best price for small block aluminum heads? - 01/04/24 12:49 AM

So for a throw together engine for a car, decided the recent 360 I picked up would be good for a quick gas drinker for one of our street beaters. SpeedMaster seems to have a nice price and I’m gonna have the shop check them out before lobbing them onto the block. Since it’s a budget build, trying to find a source for a low price for assembled. Probably need a set of rockers with shafts, so I’ve got to grab those to. Any suggestions for a site or specials at the moment?
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Who has the best price for small block aluminum heads? - 01/04/24 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by migsBIG
So for a throw together engine for a car, decided the recent 360 I picked up would be good for a quick gas drinker for one of our street beaters. SpeedMaster seems to have a nice price and I’m gonna have the shop check them out before lobbing them onto the block. Since it’s a budget build, trying to find a source for a low price for assembled. Probably need a set of rockers with shafts, so I’ve got to grab those to. Any suggestions for a site or specials at the moment?

You just missed the 40% off Black Friday Speedmaster sale. I bought two sets and customers drop shipped three more sets to get ported.

Re: Who has the best price for small block aluminum heads? - 01/05/24 01:56 PM

whiney frown bawling

Re: Who has the best price for small block aluminum heads? - 01/05/24 02:58 PM

whiney frown bawling

Around 733.00 a set complete with hydraulic roller springs with free shipping.

200.00 something each bare.
Posted By: tahoechallenge

Re: Who has the best price for small block aluminum heads? - 01/06/24 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
whiney frown bawling

What do you think of the springs for a moderate lift cam? Run them or replace them?
Posted By: d-150

Re: Who has the best price for small block aluminum heads? - 01/06/24 09:23 AM

Most of the stuff I read is buy bare then buy quality componets
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Who has the best price for small block aluminum heads? - 01/06/24 09:48 AM

You just missed the 40% off Black Friday Speedmaster sale. I bought two sets and customers drop shipped three more sets to get ported.

I was wondering if anyone else picked up some of their deals. laugh2

I got a pair of the big block heads, the Speedmaster®
Mopar Chrysler BB 383 440 265cc 74cc Hydraulic Flat Assembled Cylinder Heads.

For $909 with free shipping it was too good a deal to pass up.
The guy that builds my engines said that I'd spend more that that trying to get a set of iron heads done.
It's for a 470 inch street motor for our 70 Cuda do it seemed like the way to go. drive

Re: Who has the best price for small block aluminum heads? - 01/06/24 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by SNK-EYZ

I was wondering if anyone else picked up some of their deals. laugh2

I got a pair of the big block heads, the Speedmaster®
Mopar Chrysler BB 383 440 265cc 74cc Hydraulic Flat Assembled Cylinder Heads.

For $909 with free shipping it was too good a deal to pass up.
The guy that builds my engines said that I'd spend more that that trying to get a set of iron heads done.
It's for a 470 inch street motor for our 70 Cuda do it seemed like the way to go. drive

I had one of those in my cart three different times and took it out. They are the Victor type head and will flow over 380 when ported right. I just didn’t have the time to play around so I passed.

Re: Who has the best price for small block aluminum heads? - 01/06/24 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by tahoechallenge
whiney frown bawling

What do you think of the springs for a moderate lift cam? Run them or replace them?

The springs are set up for a .600 lift hydraulic roller cam that I bought. They are shimmed a little light to my liking but I have customers running them with smaller cams. I set up everything after I port them so I never honestly checked them but others on forabodiesonly reported that in the many post we have on these heads.

Re: Who has the best price for small block aluminum heads? - 01/07/24 07:32 PM

thanks, looks like speedMasters might be the low buck hero for a regular build up. though the pistons are low compression, the heads should work fine for street fun. I'm even tempted to run a procharger I'm getting from a friend.
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: Who has the best price for small block aluminum heads? - 01/08/24 02:06 PM

I'm even tempted to run a procharger I'm getting from a friend.

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Moparts Forums