Moparts

Anybody still making quality fiberglass for mopars?

Posted By: migsBIG

Anybody still making quality fiberglass for mopars? - 11/26/23 01:35 AM

Was looking and seen AAR/Stinger Fiberglass is no longer in business. Was checking out VFN, US Body Source and Unlimited Fiberglass and seen their overall choices for Mopar related hood is not really much. Looking at a low aero scoop to order on a duster hood, but most is very limited like pin-on only or no options at all. Has anybody had any luck or recent business with a fiberglass/carbon fiber company making Mopar parts? Would like to hear what people are doing currently for glass parts.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Anybody still making quality fiberglass for mopars? - 11/26/23 01:44 AM

Did you look at Glasstek?
Posted By: 19swinger70

Re: Anybody still making quality fiberglass for mopars? - 11/26/23 01:54 AM

I purchased a nice fiberglass trunk lid for my '67 Fastback Cuda in the beginning of this year from Glasstek. Great fit and finish.
Posted By: Steve1118

Re: Anybody still making quality fiberglass for mopars? - 11/26/23 03:56 AM

Sled City Fiberglass. Mopars are all Larry does.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Anybody still making quality fiberglass for mopars? - 11/26/23 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by Steve1118
Sled City Fiberglass. Mopars are all Larry does.
If you want to get screw by him, buy from him rant down twocents
AKA aide I've bought some nice parts from Unlimited, great service and excellent parts that fit well and need minimum prep for fit and painting. up
The parts I bought from Larry was because Unlimited didn't make them whiney, 1965 Dart shruggy

Re: Anybody still making quality fiberglass for mopars? - 11/26/23 03:27 PM

I just checked Glassek and their site is a bit lacking when it comes to info, pics and overall selections. Also prices look like around 20% more than some of the manufactures.

Unlimited does have a huge selection, good descriptive pics and located a few hours from me, but they have not updated their site since 2014 and don't say if some all parts are made in just fiberglass or can also be made in carbon fiber. They do look to have the scoop I want. but only offered in carbon fiber.

Sled City Fiberglass does only up to 1968 models, no aero scoops and looks like they went out of business.
Posted By: Brad_Haak

Re: Anybody still making quality fiberglass for mopars? - 11/26/23 04:09 PM

In my case, it'll be fiberglass front and rear bumpers for my Challenger. Was originally going to get them from AAR, but they went out of business before I started looking around. Already have the aluminum bumper brackets to use with the 'glass bumpers. Not sure who is the best alternative at this point.
Posted By: fbs63

Re: Anybody still making quality fiberglass for mopars? - 11/26/23 04:10 PM

Supposedly Unlimited's quality has improved after being bought out. They do Carbon fiber and Carbon/Glass also. That being said the only thing I have purchased form them is a bumper inlet for a ProCharger in Carbon. The quality was good. You don't say if your looking for race weight or street style replacement pieces. GlassTek quality is good. I have a US body source front bumper and bolt on hood for a 63 Dodge Polara and the quality is good but they are both heavy.
Posted By: Brad_Haak

Re: Anybody still making quality fiberglass for mopars? - 11/26/23 04:23 PM

For my application, might as well be race weight to go with the aluminum brackets. I still see mixed reviews about Unlimited and don't know what to think. Not everyone offers E-body bumpers, even if they sell hoods for them. The search will continue...
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Anybody still making quality fiberglass for mopars? - 11/26/23 09:24 PM

Unlimited had a really bad rep before the new owner bought it over 20 yrs. ago and moved it east out of Los Angeles area up to the high desert to Hesperia.
I've bought several hoods for my old Duster and front bumpers also for other cars from them up
I needed, wanted, front end parts for my 1965 Dart and Unlimited didn't make them, hence me buying from Larry at sled city and VFN for the 1966 front bumper that sled city doesn't make. I haven't look at any of those new parts yet, there all in their shipping boxes, maybe next week luck thumbs
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Anybody still making quality fiberglass for mopars? - 11/27/23 05:12 AM

I’m glad I got my stuff early on, it’s a nightmare out there these days.
Posted By: Plumb Wired

Re: Anybody still making quality fiberglass for mopars? - 11/27/23 04:25 PM

Glasstek hands down. Give them a call to discuss your needs.
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: Anybody still making quality fiberglass for mopars? - 11/27/23 06:01 PM

Agree with everyone on Glasstek. A little more expensive, but worth it, it's as good as you're going to get for fiberglass stuff.
Posted By: dizuster

Re: Anybody still making quality fiberglass for mopars? - 11/27/23 07:13 PM

I literally just purchased a hood from Sled City about 7 weeks ago. Larry even brought it to Norwalk for me for a friend to pick up to save me on the shipping.

Hood looks good, and the transaction was flawless for me.

I had heard some bad stories from the past, but my experience was very good and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again.

Re: Anybody still making quality fiberglass for mopars? - 11/28/23 04:25 AM

Since I'm looking for street weight, think my choices will be for Glasstek, Unlimited and maybe US body source.
Posted By: Kam*Kuda

Re: Anybody still making quality fiberglass for mopars? - 11/30/23 11:50 AM

Its been a number of years so things may have changed

http://vfnfiberglass.com/site.htm was really good Some details around the hood scoop needed worl
AAR Quality fibreglass. It was a nice peice

Sled City I used for bumper. They were the right size and needed a lot or work to make them nice
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Anybody still making quality fiberglass for mopars? - 11/30/23 02:06 PM

Glasstek.
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Anybody still making quality fiberglass for mopars? - 11/30/23 02:43 PM

It would be nice if some of the carbon fiber sources would start doing Mopar parts like they all do for the fox body Mustang weenies.
Posted By: jcc

Re: Anybody still making quality fiberglass for mopars? - 11/30/23 02:48 PM

A more effective solution would be for some of the fiberglass vendors to start doing carbon fiber production.
The most costly aspect of the process is in the molds, and they are the same.
Anyone wanting CF is willing to pay more.
I do my own CF since few seem to be willing to step up.
Posted By: OUTLAWSSAA

Re: Anybody still making quality fiberglass for mopars? - 11/30/23 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by 6PKRTSE
It would be nice if some of the carbon fiber sources would start doing Mopar parts like they all do for the fox body Mustang weenies.

Glasstek will make anything they make in fiberglass in Carbon Fiber. Obviously the price will be adjusted.
Posted By: jcc

Re: Anybody still making quality fiberglass for mopars? - 11/30/23 05:52 PM

CF doubles the list price, I suspect a good portion of that is just the novelty/demand upcharge.

Re: Anybody still making quality fiberglass for mopars? - 11/30/23 06:02 PM

thank you to everyone that chimed in on tis. Going down to storage today to take measurements to confirm scoop types for the car.
Posted By: mopar_mark

Re: Anybody still making quality fiberglass for mopars? - 11/30/23 08:23 PM

I bought a pair of doors for my Cuda from Glasstek, around 3 years ago. I was/am still super pleased with their quality. Service was excellent, hassle free, would definitely use again.
© 2024 Moparts Forums