Moparts

Hot Rod Power Tour West 2023

Posted By: MadMopars

Hot Rod Power Tour West 2023 - 11/15/23 04:57 AM

I just found out about this last week but decided to take a stab at it. The timing isn't great with everything we've got going on right now but at the same time that also makes it a GREAT reason to go and get away from the grind for a bit and create some memories with the family. I'm thinking it'll be an awesome time. So how about you guys? Anyone else making the trip?

Hot Rod Power Tour West 2023
Posted By: bobby66

Re: Hot Rod Power Tour West 2023 - 11/15/23 12:50 PM

I'd love to do that. Just got layed off again though, so....... violin
Posted By: johnnycuda

Re: Hot Rod Power Tour West 2023 - 11/15/23 05:39 PM

I signed up for it as well, going to drive my '69 Valiant. I am waiting for the drive schedule to be released/announced, with the schedule we were sent yesterday, it looks like the drives will be at night, each track closes at 5pm each day, so if you stay until then, its already dark, you can leave early obviously to avoid some of that.
Posted By: MadMopars

Re: Hot Rod Power Tour West 2023 - 11/16/23 01:19 AM

When I looked at the hotels through the host site, it seemed like they expected to stay near the daily host track for the night and make the drives in the morning. I could be wrong though. Regardless, our plan is to stay in Irwindale Thursday night, race Irwindale Friday and be in Vegas Friday night. We'll then race at Vegas on Saturday and not leave Vegas until Sunday morning when we make the trip to Pomona where we will race, stay Sunday night and then head back to Tucson on Monday morning. Thats my back of the bar napkin idea anyhow. We'll see how it actually plays out.
drive

Re: Hot Rod Power Tour West 2023 - 11/16/23 05:45 PM

I received a email from Hot Rod showing gates opening at 9am at Irwindale, get your credentials etc, racing at 10, gates close at 5, gates at Vegas open at 11, Long Hauler punch station open at 11.30, racing at 11.30, gates close at 5, gates at Pomona open at 11, punch station at 11, and Long Hauler plaque distribution at 11, racing at 1130, gates close at 5. I did not look at the hotels' host site at all, may go check it out.
I live in Lancaster, will be going alone, have not made hotel plans, and honestly, may have to cancel the deal, as may go have carpal tunnel surgery, waiting on doctors call for appt.

Re: Hot Rod Power Tour West 2023 - 12/19/23 08:07 PM

Went to the Hot Rod Power Tour West over the weekend, had fun, met some great people, my Valiant with the 408 had zero issues, ran into Alex Taylor Sunday morning gassing up at Baker, she rolled with our little group to the next stop at Peggy Sue's Diner. They said there was over 1600 entries.
They took quite a few pics at each location and on the road, as well as some videos, MT got a pretty cool shot of mine leaving Vegas Sunday morning on the 15 South.

Attached picture Screenshot_20231218-170703_Facebook.jpg
Posted By: MoParFish

Re: Hot Rod Power Tour West 2023 - 12/19/23 10:18 PM

We cruised these two beater 4 speed cars out from Fresno area. 982 miles round trip. Fun times for sure!!👍

Attached picture Screenshot_20231219_141546_Gallery.jpg
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: Hot Rod Power Tour West 2023 - 12/20/23 02:53 AM

Nice, a friend of mine did it in his '77 Firebird. From what I understand the dragstrip prep was horrible!
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: Hot Rod Power Tour West 2023 - 12/20/23 05:45 AM

You don't need prep lol
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Hot Rod Power Tour West 2023 - 12/20/23 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Blusmbl
Nice, a friend of mine did it in his '77 Firebird. From what I understand the dragstrip prep was horrible!

I don't think the event was really about the dragstrips...More the adventure, if you want drag racing with your adventure there are plenty of drag and drive events.
© 2024 Moparts Forums