Moparts

motor plate

Posted By: GEORGE68HEMIRR

motor plate - 04/23/09 05:44 PM

i would have posted this on question and answer but i figured that was for stock.....water pump gaskets or copper spray or silocone.....i have aluminum water pump,motor plate, aluminum block....what works best?.....the last time i did this i used gaskets and high tack permatex gasket sealant....it didnt last long....does anybody have better luck with something else?...thanks
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: motor plate - 04/23/09 05:54 PM

We just use black RTV silicone and let it cure 100% before adding liquid or heat cycling.Let it set 24 hours and retighten bolts.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: motor plate - 04/23/09 06:19 PM

I like the water pump gaskets from Cometic. They are a multi-layer gasket and if you're lucky, you can reuse them a few times.
Posted By: Rodney

Re: motor plate - 04/23/09 07:33 PM

I use fel pro gaskets and a little sealer and have studs in the block to make it easier to install everything, makes alignment a breeze.
Posted By: rebel

Re: motor plate - 04/23/09 07:54 PM

i've been making my own water pump gaskets from some card that came with one of my job sheet books. i smear synthetic grease on them before bolting up. not one has ever let me down, more than i can say for the professional gasket makers gaskets.
Posted By: BBLM23

Re: motor plate - 04/23/09 07:59 PM

Quote:

We just use black RTV silicone and let it cure 100% before adding liquid or heat cycling.Let it set 24 hours and retighten bolts.

I agree. It sucks to win the 2nd round and get told I watered the track at the time slip booth. Luckily it rained before the 3rd round. I put black silicone on and let it sit overnight. Filled it Sunday morning and went 4 rounds. I never use gaskets on the Dart anymore...
Posted By: 65dragnet

Re: motor plate - 04/23/09 08:27 PM

couldn't get gaskets to live with this set up ,started using Right Stuff no problems since!
Posted By: GEORGE68HEMIRR

Re: motor plate - 04/23/09 11:25 PM

thanks guys ...sounds like black rtv is what i am doing
© 2024 Moparts Forums