Moparts

Trunk mounted battery

Posted By: Handygun

Trunk mounted battery - 09/21/23 11:30 PM

I am looking for a battery box for my 68 Barracuda FB. Which ones are popular, tips or things you would do next time. I want to still be able to raise and lower divider but have enough battery to spin my 540.Not alot of room back there. Car will be street driven. I already have pos.cable routed. Looking for quality over economy. Thanks, Steve
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Trunk mounted battery - 09/22/23 01:29 AM

I used a Moroso and have no complaints.
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Trunk mounted battery - 09/22/23 04:00 AM

I use this aluminum battery box powder coated black with a lightweight AGM racing battery on the street. It vents through the trunk.

Attached picture rsz_20160702_220108_002.jpg
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Trunk mounted battery - 09/22/23 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Handygun
I am looking for a battery box for my 68 Barracuda FB. Which ones are popular, tips or things you would do next time. I want to still be able to raise and lower divider but have enough battery to spin my 540.Not alot of room back there. Car will be street driven. I already have pos.cable routed. Looking for quality over economy. Thanks, Steve

If you want it to spin over your 540, make sure to use welding cable (more strands and very flexible) with good connections/crimps. AND use a full length ground cable from the engine block direct to the battery. It will help a lot. Also consider a 16 volt , there are alternators with adj regulators to get the correct charging voltage.
© 2024 Moparts Forums