Moparts

Rockers for TF 240

Posted By: Lee446

Rockers for TF 240 - 08/31/23 02:18 AM

I am about to finish assembly of an rb-512 for a friend. This will be strictly street driven torque motor and I am thinking of using Mancini's (by harland sharp) roller rockers. It has a 246@50/548 solid from Dwayne, so spring pressures won't be too high. I am thinking these are probably the best choice on a budget. Any feedback on these or a better suggestion? Thanks, Lee.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Rockers for TF 240 - 08/31/23 02:49 AM

Those are okay. A better choice would be a set of Isky or Crane nodulars if you can find a set that is unmolested. The Comp Cams steel rockers are also better than the Harland unbushed ones but probably more expensive. All depends on how much the guy is going to drive it. I don't think unbushed aluminum rocker arms are going to last forever on a street car, but if it is a hot rod that gets driven 1000 miles a year then they should last a long time.

I've tested all of the rocker arms on TF240 heads: https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/trying-find-extra-power-rocker-arm-testing/
Posted By: Lee446

Re: Rockers for TF 240 - 08/31/23 03:28 AM

Thanks, Andy, for the reply and the link! If I tell him it would be best to upgrade the rockers, he will not have a problem with that, I just figured for his purposes, the HS would be adequate. I would rather overbuild than push his luck. I will look into the Comp Steel. I noticed Mancini had a similar Steel rocker but there is no info on them and I would worry that they are Chinese knock-offs of the Comp. Thanks again.
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: Rockers for TF 240 - 08/31/23 07:56 PM

Another tidbit worth mentioning, there are 2 different versions of non-offset roller bearing Harland Sharps that fit conventional BB mopar heads. The -KE version is designed for Edelbrock and Trick Flow heads, the roller is moved in a little compared to the original ones. I suspect the bushed Mancini version is the older design so the tip alignment won't be the greatest and side load the valve stem some.
Posted By: GY3

Re: Rockers for TF 240 - 08/31/23 08:17 PM

You can still find Crane nodulars if you look hard enough.

We found a brand new set in the box at a swap meet for $100!

I prefer them over anything with a roller on a street engine.
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Rockers for TF 240 - 09/01/23 04:40 PM

To use Comp ultra pro magnum rockers on BB TF heads, the two end rocker stands need to be relieved about .030” on the side that’s towards the rocker.

Obviously it’s best to do this prior to installing the heads.
Posted By: Uberpube

Re: Rockers for TF 240 - 09/02/23 04:24 AM

On mine with 270's, I milled the side of the stands, then the rocker hold downs weren't all the same size. I set them up using the mopar rocker shaft shim kit and B3 racing kit to get the tip swipe correct.
© 2024 Moparts Forums