Moparts

Surprise Redeye

Posted By: usp4u

Surprise Redeye - 07/02/23 12:43 AM

While I've been trying to finish up my 407 W8 engine and waiting for my block to get out of Machine Shop Jail to assemble a 441ci W9 street deal, something interesting happened.

Local guy that I tune for contacted me and asked if I would be interested in taking over his order of a '23 Hellcat Redeye Jailbreak.

I agreed to it. Not really an expense I need right now....but, it will fit nicely with my '70.
Will be cool to have the First and the Last.

Attached picture Screenshot_20230628-114239_Chrome.jpg
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Surprise Redeye - 07/02/23 03:25 AM

Sweet! Enjoy! boogie
Posted By: redraptor

Re: Surprise Redeye - 07/03/23 11:56 AM

up
Posted By: one bad fish

Re: Surprise Redeye - 07/03/23 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by usp4u
While I've been trying to finish up my 407 W8 engine and waiting for my block to get out of Machine Shop Jail to assemble a 441ci W9 street deal, something interesting happened.

Local guy that I tune for contacted me and asked if I would be interested in taking over his order of a '23 Hellcat Redeye Jailbreak.

I agreed to it. Not really an expense I need right now....but, it will fit nicely with my '70.
Will be cool to the First and the Last.

what block on the you are using with the w8

Re: Surprise Redeye - 07/03/23 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by one bad fish

Will be cool to the First and the Last.

what block on the you are using with the w8

9.0 deck 48* R3 340 mains
Posted By: dizuster

Re: Surprise Redeye - 07/03/23 01:14 PM

I absolutely love my Redeye. It's comfortable, wicked fast, and is just turn key 10 second fun!

I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend the first upgrade you do is put a decent set of tires on it.

I have Nitto 555R2s on mine, and it was like a night and day driving experience. With the factory tires it might as well have 500hp, because it's just a burnout machine at 807hp.

Re: Surprise Redeye - 07/03/23 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by dizuster
I absolutely love my Redeye. It's comfortable, wicked fast, and is just turn key 10 second fun!

I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend the first upgrade you do is put a decent set of tires on it.

I have Nitto 555R2s on mine, and it was like a night and day driving experience. With the factory tires it might as well have 500hp, because it's just a burnout machine at 807hp.

Did you stick with the original tire size?
Posted By: moparx

Re: Surprise Redeye - 07/03/23 06:30 PM

do those have a suitcase size muffler system on them ?
if so, would removing it and adding two straight pipe sections in it's place make any noticeable difference in et ?
beer
Posted By: OUTLAWSSAA

Re: Surprise Redeye - 07/03/23 06:40 PM

Welcome to the club. I picked up mine 3 yrs ago. You will love the car. My son's redeye run's 10.60 stock with M/T on the back. As far as the exhaust system on these cars, its very efficient.
[Linked Image]

Re: Surprise Redeye - 07/04/23 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by OUTLAWSSAA
Welcome to the club. I picked up mine 3 yrs ago. You will love the car. My son's redeye run's 10.60 stock with M/T on the back. As far as the exhaust system on these cars, its very efficient.
[Linked Image]

That is best color possible on these cars. Very jealous.
Posted By: dizuster

Re: Surprise Redeye - 07/05/23 03:17 PM

Totally agree!!!

I did keep the stock tire size, just put some mild drive every day Drag Radials on it.

Attached picture Redeye.jpg

Re: Surprise Redeye - 07/05/23 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by dizuster

Totally agree!!!

I did keep the stock tire size, just put some mild drive every day Drag Radials on it.

Roger that. I run the 555R on my '70 Challenger as well.
Posted By: CSK

Re: Surprise Redeye - 07/05/23 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
do those have a suitcase size muffler system on them ?
if so, would removing it and adding two straight pipe sections in it's place make any noticeable difference in et ?
beer

The Mufflers are a straight through design , as said, its VERY hard to improve the factory system, they have an x pipe .

Re: Surprise Redeye - 07/06/23 05:28 PM

as i will never be able to own one of these [although i REALLY like them !], i do like to learn about them.
please forgive me if i seem like a dweeb asking "stoopid old geezer" questions...........
beer
Posted By: CSK

Re: Surprise Redeye - 07/06/23 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
as i will never be able to own one of these [although i REALLY like them !], i do like to learn about them.
please forgive me if i seem like a dweeb asking "stoopid old geezer" questions...........
beer

You & I are paddling in the same direction LOL, NO question is stoopid !!!! hope you are doin ok smile

Re: Surprise Redeye - 07/07/23 04:26 PM

the 90+ degree temperatures with 70% humidity lately is beating me badly, but i'm more concerned with my wife's loss of memory problems she is experiencing.
she voluntarily gave up driving, and i'm very proud of her doing so. just one less thing to worry about.........
beer

Re: Surprise Redeye - 07/18/23 12:25 PM

Picked it up.

Attached picture 20230717_192342.jpg
Attached picture 20230717_155415.jpg

Re: Surprise Redeye - 07/18/23 07:23 PM

great lookin' pair ! bow
beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums