Moparts

Turbo forum recommendations help

Posted By: Cab_Burge

Turbo forum recommendations help - 06/05/23 03:03 AM

I'm in the middle of buying EFI parts for a dry throttle body EFI turbocharged motors, I'm not familiar with turbos or EFI system so I would like to visit some turbo forum to learn from those that are running them now help
All help appreciated bow up
Posted By: blowndart

Re: Turbo forum recommendations help - 06/05/23 10:00 AM

This one has some decent advice, sometimes.
https://www.yellowbullet.com/forums/turbo-charged.20/

Re: Turbo forum recommendations help - 06/05/23 05:35 PM

thanks, I look at that site a tiny bit last night and will look at it longer later when I get ready to start buying the EFI parts up bow
I bought a complete turbo system except the guys carb from a local guy earlier this year that will be used in my next project, a 1965 Valient Signet. His car was the same year and model so bolt in on it in my car except for adding the EFI system wrench grin
I hope I don't hurt myself, the car or the new motor learning on how to work on and tune them luck
I'm shooting for around 600 HP, nothing crazy for a street car grin
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Turbo forum recommendations help - 06/05/23 05:40 PM

Turbomustangs.com

Holley, Haltech, Fueltech . For EFI.
I'm getting the parts together to convert Ka-Blue-E to Holley. Fueltech would have been the other I considered but Holley is an hour from me.

I currently have FAST and it's fine but an older system and antiquated.
Posted By: blowndart

Re: Turbo forum recommendations help - 06/05/23 05:41 PM

There's also https://www.theturboforums.com/forums/
Posted By: TheOtherDodge

Re: Turbo forum recommendations help - 06/05/23 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by FastmOp
Turbomustangs.com

Holley, Haltech, Fueltech . For EFI.
I'm getting the parts together to convert Ka-Blue-E to Holley. Fueltech would have been the other I considered but Holley is an hour from me.

I currently have FAST and it's fine but an older system and antiquated.

Ah, so you are the other one (besides me) that is still using Classic Fast! wave
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Turbo forum recommendations help - 06/05/23 08:58 PM

It's still better then the throttle body deals. But lacking some of the bells and whistles of the newer stuff
Posted By: furious70

Re: Turbo forum recommendations help - 06/06/23 03:12 AM

I'm also running classic FAST, a circa 2000 unit. I have bought 2 unknown SKU back up boxes in the last couple years just incase I need components to keep mine living
Posted By: Uberpube

Re: Turbo forum recommendations help - 06/06/23 03:40 AM

http://www.sdsefi.com/tech.html
Posted By: INTMD8

Re: Turbo forum recommendations help - 06/06/23 04:16 AM

What components are you looking for and what turbo do you have?
Posted By: TRENDZ

Re: Turbo forum recommendations help - 06/06/23 04:15 PM

Holley HP minimum, preferably a Dominator. Skip the “value” priced systems. Trust me, you want on board data logging.Holley support is everywhere. I don’t have a holley system myself, but have had my hands in enough systems to feel extremely confident in recommending it.

Re: Turbo forum recommendations help - 06/07/23 07:21 PM

I'm going to buy the Edelbrock LA motor Super Victor EFI intake for direct port injectors with their fuel rail kit, Holley Terminator X ECU and all Holley EFI parts except their fuel pump to make that work on the turbocharged 360 motor in my new to me 1965 Valeant.
I buying a new EFI fuel tank for the car with their in tank EFI GPA-8 fuel pump for using E85 with the turbo luck
I haven't called Holley or Rich at Fastman EFI yet but I will to make sure which Holley EFI parts to use luck
Posted By: TRENDZ

Re: Turbo forum recommendations help - 06/07/23 07:30 PM

Do yourself a favor and skip the terminator. Buy at least an HP.
Posted By: INTMD8

Re: Turbo forum recommendations help - 06/07/23 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by TRENDZ
Do yourself a favor and skip the terminator. Buy at least an HP.

Agreed.

Also would skip the efi tank and do a surge tank, I'll be making that switch myself even though mine is currently working ok.
© 2024 Moparts Forums