Moparts

pulling the chute

Posted By: dragon

pulling the chute - 06/02/23 02:40 PM

How do pull your chute do you pull it before your off the gas or after you are off the gas what is your procedure??? Thanks
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: pulling the chute - 06/02/23 03:27 PM

You may get different answers on this.

For safety reasons, put your hand on the handle once the car is in high gear. Pull it a little before the stripe, and drive into it. Pull it then off the throttle, you will get the hang of it after a few pulls. The idea is for it to blossom just at or after the stripe. Also the reason for having your hand on the handle in high gear , is if anything goes wrong your already there to pull it.
Posted By: rickseeman

Re: pulling the chute - 06/02/23 03:41 PM

You want it open as soon as possible, so as said above, as you approach the finish line, push the lever then go about your business. It will all feel natural and automatic. The safety is enormous. No matter what happens, brake failure, fire, throttle hung, car gets out of shape, blowout, no matter what, you are in so much better position. You'll like it so much won't be able to go back. It just feels unsafe...because it is.
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: pulling the chute - 06/02/23 05:33 PM

You want to drive into the chute - so pull the handle before the finish line - it will take you a little practice to find the right spot - the worst thing you can do is not be under power when that chute hits as the suspension unloads - I did that once and it scared the hell out of me!
If you watch pro-stock closely they actually use the chute to drop the front end of the car at the finish line - takes practice
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: pulling the chute - 06/02/23 06:48 PM

How do you decide on what size and how many chutes to use? My new car will need them for running over 150 MPH in the 1/4 mile, probably above 165 MPH+ up to maybe 200+ MPH later luck
Posted By: rickseeman

Re: pulling the chute - 06/02/23 07:05 PM

Stroud can probably give you a recommendation on that.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: pulling the chute - 06/02/23 07:55 PM

200mph requires 2 chutes. As for deploying it whats been said.
Posted By: W.I.N. Racing

Re: pulling the chute - 06/03/23 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
How do you decide on what size and how many chutes to use? My new car will need them for running over 150 MPH in the 1/4 mile, probably above 165 MPH+ up to maybe 200+ MPH later luck

Weight vs Speed, Stroud has a CHART that can help. Most likely you will need a Stroud 420 and as stated if 200 or more MPH the rules require 2.
Posted By: moparx

Re: pulling the chute - 06/04/23 06:01 PM

in the slower classes, is it possible to get too large of a chute ?
if so, what would the effect[s] be ?
beer
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: pulling the chute - 06/04/23 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
in the slower classes, is it possible to get too large of a chute ?
if so, what would the effect[s] be ? beer
teeth marks in the steering wheel work whistling grin
Posted By: moparx

Re: pulling the chute - 06/05/23 05:40 PM

HAHAHAHA !!!
my old man put teeth marks on the perfect wood grain steering wheel that was on my 64 barracuda, but it wasn't from "pullin' the chute". it was from hitting a telephone pole. laugh2
beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums