Moparts

Engine oil containment..,Engine diaper supplier?

Posted By: Kam*Kuda

Engine oil containment..,Engine diaper supplier? - 04/20/23 12:06 PM

I think I should get some type of oil containment system

It is a Street strip setup up with a Big Block in b body
External oil pump and line to a pickup in the pan
Engine lowered so it is close to the Center link

I believe I should modify the Center link to give clearance
Anyone done this?

Oil tray or diaper?

Any pro and cons/advice???

Suggested suppliers?

Attached picture 8E11F65A-23C9-47AE-922F-30B4501E7B70.jpeg
Posted By: w2stroker

Re: Engine oil containment..,Engine diaper supplier? - 04/20/23 12:16 PM

i bought mine from j and j performance. odd company. paintball supplies and engine diapers lol. i bought a kevlar one due to being tight to the headers. doesn't burn smile
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Engine oil containment..,Engine diaper supplier? - 04/20/23 12:59 PM

https://russlerii.com/

Myself, and a few friends have had Russel make us diapers for our cars. Perfect fit. One has a drag link in his pan as well.
Posted By: dvw

Re: Engine oil containment..,Engine diaper supplier? - 04/20/23 01:05 PM

Russel's diapers fit good. I've personally exited a rod and can attest they work with a drag link thru the pan. The pan idea is not a bad way to go either. Just requie=re fabrication. Proably slightly easier to service and remove. I can get my diaper off in less than 5 minutes though.
Doug
Posted By: TruPerformance

Re: Engine oil containment..,Engine diaper supplier? - 04/20/23 01:12 PM

I also agree with RUSSLERII being great to work with and use. He makes great fitting diapers, and will adjust if needed.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Engine oil containment..,Engine diaper supplier? - 04/20/23 01:13 PM

Russ just turned 80 last Wednesday!

Attached picture 86F5121A-1672-4698-BA90-38B6F9F99F2B.jpeg
Posted By: Dart451

Re: Engine oil containment..,Engine diaper supplier? - 04/20/23 02:18 PM

Russel's diapers fit good up

Re: Engine oil containment..,Engine diaper supplier? - 04/20/23 02:20 PM

DVW It just made me laugh LOL grin

Originally Posted by dvw
I can get my diaper off in less than 5 minutes though.
Doug
laugh
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Engine oil containment..,Engine diaper supplier? - 04/20/23 04:33 PM

Good topic since I was thinking about going with some sort of custom made containment tray since no matter what I do my engine diaper always melts somewhere on my headers. Let's see some Mopar containment tray ideas. Google just brings up many Chevy's. They must always come with that factory OEM rod exiting option.... lol.
Posted By: DusterKid

Re: Engine oil containment..,Engine diaper supplier? - 04/20/23 05:12 PM

I have RUSSLERII on 2 of my cars and I made a belly pan for the 3rd. The only reason I made the belly pan is that car is a Ford and has a front and rear sump oil pan with the crossmember right in the middle. There's very little clearance between the oil pan and crossmember so I would have to install the diaper prior to the engine install. I figured with the layout it would be easier for a bellypan. I do feel the diaper is better and doesn't take much time to install/uninstall when doing oil changes.
Posted By: MoParFish

Re: Engine oil containment..,Engine diaper supplier? - 04/21/23 12:03 AM

Another vote for Russler. up

Attached picture Screenshot_20230420_165559_Photos.jpg
Attached picture Screenshot_20230420_165712_Photos.jpg
Posted By: sixpakdodge

Re: Engine oil containment..,Engine diaper supplier? - 04/21/23 01:06 PM

I must be the only one that had an off experience with Russler. He took all my info, and I never heard from him again. I guess I got lost in the shuffle? Ironically enough, he sent me a couple Christmas cards after...
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Engine oil containment..,Engine diaper supplier? - 04/21/23 01:35 PM

Ill be the oddball. I have a DRE with a drag link through the pan and no issues with it.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Engine oil containment..,Engine diaper supplier? - 04/22/23 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
Ill be the oddball. I have a DRE with a drag link through the pan and no issues with it.

Is that the place that recently moved to Indiana Al?
Posted By: dvw

Re: Engine oil containment..,Engine diaper supplier? - 04/22/23 11:35 AM

DRE was purchased by Mike Roth of MR2racecars. He can make a VERY nice custon diaper. I've seen them at the shop.
https://www.enginediapers.com/
Doug
Posted By: EvilB1Dart

Re: Engine oil containment..,Engine diaper supplier? - 04/22/23 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by 6PKRTSE
Good topic since I was thinking about going with some sort of custom made containment tray since no matter what I do my engine diaper always melts somewhere on my headers. Let's see some Mopar containment tray ideas. Google just brings up many Chevy's. They must always come with that factory OEM rod exiting option.... lol.

I initially was going to have a Russler II made, but a buddy of mine made this one for me. Will do the job, fits perfect, passed NHRA tech inspection at my track, excellent ground clearance, and easy to remove/reinstall.

Attached picture 2B5E08A9-537F-4032-9036-575B61E63A9D.jpeg
Attached picture 63BA2B48-59B6-4094-86FF-645F1527E906.jpeg
Attached picture 01D3FEE4-B73C-4785-9EC6-34EE364E8AFB.jpeg
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Engine oil containment..,Engine diaper supplier? - 04/23/23 01:49 PM

looks great, Wes!

Re: Engine oil containment..,Engine diaper supplier? - 05/01/23 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by EvilB1Dart

I initially was going to have a Russler II made, but a buddy of mine made this one for me. Will do the job, fits perfect, passed NHRA tech inspection at my track, excellent ground clearance, and easy to remove/reinstall.

That looks really good. I see you use a rack. I imagine I would have to really keep it tight when using a centerlink,

Re: Engine oil containment..,Engine diaper supplier? - 05/05/23 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by gregsdart
looks great, Wes!

Thanks, Greg!

Re: Engine oil containment..,Engine diaper supplier? - 05/05/23 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by Kam*Kuda
Originally Posted by EvilB1Dart

That looks really good. I see you use a rack. I imagine I would have to really keep it tight when using a centerlink,

Thank you. There's plenty of room, more than I initially thought.
Posted By: BDW

Re: Engine oil containment..,Engine diaper supplier? - 02/05/24 02:02 PM

Bringing this back up.
Do any of these cover the bell housing for a 727?
Or is it just the oil pan?

Re: Engine oil containment..,Engine diaper supplier? - 02/05/24 05:23 PM

Just went through this with three different companies. Most don't return calls or at best have poor communication skills. I finally called Russ at Russler II this past Tuesday. He had my custom diaper to me on Saturday. It fits perfect and could not have been easier.

https://russlerii.com/

Re: Engine oil containment..,Engine diaper supplier? - 02/05/24 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by BDW
Bringing this back up.
Do any of these cover the bell housing for a 727?
Or is it just the oil pan?

Engine diapers just cove the oil pan. You bell needs a flexplate shield or a one piece shield like CSR sells.
© 2024 Moparts Forums