Posted By: bigdad

NHRA starter to Dodge crew chief ..sit down - 04/05/23 07:08 PM

timber !

Posted By: topside

Re: NHRA starter to Dodge crew chief ..sit down - 04/05/23 09:19 PM

laugh2
Posted By: sr4440

Re: NHRA starter to Dodge crew chief ..sit down - 04/05/23 09:24 PM

That is not how he should have handled it, should have thrown the reds and then disqualify the truck for crew actions.

Joe
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: NHRA starter to Dodge crew chief ..sit down - 04/06/23 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by sr4440
That is not how he should have handled it, should have thrown the reds and then disqualify the truck for crew actions.

Joe

Too many idiots in that area, regardless what track or race. If you need help getting into "da beamz" , in most cases, you might want to consider another hobby or different driver.

Some situations call for having that person there, hopefully one who knows what they are doing, and not your Uncle who just wants to be part of the action.

Pre-stage on, everyone behind the starter. Been that way forever.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: NHRA starter to Dodge crew chief ..sit down - 04/06/23 07:03 AM

I'm assuming that was this years Winternationals, if so I wonder how much longer that starter will have that job and I wonder how much money he has for legal fees work shruggy
In sue happy CA that action probably warrants $50,000.00 + legal fees in SO CA state court as well as future legal charges for assault tsk
Posted By: Harry's Taxi 2

Re: NHRA starter to Dodge crew chief ..sit down - 04/06/23 10:33 AM

I think the starter should be given a raise in pay.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: NHRA starter to Dodge crew chief ..sit down - 04/06/23 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Harry's Taxi 2
I think the starter should be given a raise in pay.

This.

Having seen people badly hurt in that area in person, the antics and people hanging out in front of the water box make me cringe.
Posted By: blue_stocker

Re: NHRA starter to Dodge crew chief ..sit down - 04/06/23 03:10 PM

Obviously, NHRA needs to find another Buster Couch...RIP old buddy!

Attached picture Buster in action.jpg
Attached picture happy Buster.jpg
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: NHRA starter to Dodge crew chief ..sit down - 04/06/23 03:20 PM

Rulebook is pretty clear once the car is in the stage beams you are not allowed to touch it. Thats a new dealwith the truck, which is P5 powered truck that ran PST and was owned by the Mettlers..
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: NHRA starter to Dodge crew chief ..sit down - 04/06/23 03:38 PM

Al,

I saw somewhere that the truck is still owned by the Mettlers but was driven by Kurt Hugger.

You are a lot closer to this than most, does Kurt Hugger actually own the truck now?

Bill
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: NHRA starter to Dodge crew chief ..sit down - 04/06/23 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by 340Cuda
Al,

I saw somewhere that the truck is still owned by the Mettlers but was driven by Kurt Hugger.

You are a lot closer to this than most, does Kurt Hugger actually own the truck now?

Bill

I am not sure but that guy was not with the Mettlers...He has been stupid bust for a few years with his business I know. Hope they still actually own it. I know he has had a couple folks drive it the last few years. Just never seen that guy before so assumed and you know what that means. Ill find out at the divisional here if they come.
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: NHRA starter to Dodge crew chief ..sit down - 04/08/23 06:39 AM

While the crew guy was in violation of the rules, it was handled in a very unprofessional manor.
Posted By: Harry's Taxi 2

Re: NHRA starter to Dodge crew chief ..sit down - 04/08/23 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by cudadoug
While the crew guy was in violation of the rules, it was handled in a very unprofessional manor.

but effective and he won't likely ever do it again.
Posted By: HemiDart68

Re: NHRA starter to Dodge crew chief ..sit down - 04/08/23 11:32 AM

I don't think the starter meant to knock him on the ground, was trying to drag his ass out of there before someone potentially gets injured. can't be putting climbing in a staging raced car. the starter didn't have time to politely explain that he was being stupid.

BTW is it because of street outlaws that everyone needs someone on the line waiving them in? I get it for cars that it's hard to see over massive blowers or scoops, but cmon.
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: NHRA starter to Dodge crew chief ..sit down - 04/08/23 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by cudadoug

What if the driver launched and ran over his feet. Then they would blame the line starter and most likely sue him. He should know the rules and thank the starter for getting the point across.
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: NHRA starter to Dodge crew chief ..sit down - 04/08/23 03:02 PM

I watched this a few times. I even cast it to the big screen and I think I see a bigger problem.

1 Crewman walks away from truck without latching the top of door.
2 Starter runs over and latches the top of the door.
3 Crewman returns to truck and unlatches and opens door.
4 Starter throws crewman to ground and door slams closed.
5 NOBODY latches the top of the door.
6 Truck stages and off they go.

Somebody please tell me that's not what actually happened and I missed something.

What if the door had come off at say 180+ mph, aero is disrupted, truck lifts up off the track, barrel rolls a few times, hits the other competitor and they both go over the wall in a fireball?
© 2024 Moparts Forums