Moparts

Spicy Shutdown pic

Posted By: Bad340fish

Spicy Shutdown pic - 02/26/23 02:26 AM

Saw this picture from sickweek. Yikes!

My Dad talked to him on Dragweek last year. Small Block Mopar with some Brett Miller Edelbrock Victors on it.

He also had a driveshaft failure on the last day of sick week, probably beat the car up underneath pretty good.

Attached picture Trunkett.jpg
Posted By: Twostick

Re: Spicy Shutdown pic - 02/26/23 06:16 AM

That's a bunch of sideways to be at 170. His Guardian Angel must still be freaking out. lol

Kevin
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Spicy Shutdown pic - 02/26/23 08:43 AM

Smoking the rear tires on the brakes and not the fronts was probably a real life savior bowup
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Spicy Shutdown pic - 02/26/23 02:02 PM

I bet the laundry lady wasn't impressed with his undershorts. fart
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Spicy Shutdown pic - 02/26/23 03:58 PM

A major pucker up moment work
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: Spicy Shutdown pic - 02/26/23 05:36 PM

I didn't realize he had a close call on the top end earlier in the week, I just saw the driveshaft cannon that shot out from underneath it. He had a rough week, but that's a super cool Duster!
Posted By: 10secGTX

Re: Spicy Shutdown pic - 02/26/23 10:35 PM

That's Rick Trunketts car from B3R in Hinkley Ohio, very nice guy..... he lost the driveshaft, center section of 9" the transmission and the block on that last pass.
Posted By: EvilB1Dart

Re: Spicy Shutdown pic - 02/27/23 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by 10secGTX
That's Rick Trunketts car from B3R in Hinkley Ohio, very nice guy..... he lost the driveshaft, center section of 9" the transmission and the block on that last pass.

😳
Posted By: racerx

Re: Spicy Shutdown pic - 02/27/23 11:51 AM

shock.....what rearend was in that car? Basically stock 9?Or one of the Aftermarket deals. That's messed up to destroy the hole drivetrain......Hope he gets it back together.
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: Spicy Shutdown pic - 02/27/23 01:42 PM

That almost sounds like a failure with the driveshaft exceeding its critical speed, the damage would've been done on the top end of the track and then failed completely when it had the highest torque multiplication in it at launch. I don't know what his driveshaft length or rpm was but it looked like a 3.5" steel shaft and those have the lowest critical speed of all of the possible materials/diameters.
© 2024 Moparts Forums