Moparts

Brake pressure bleeders

Posted By: CMcAllister

Brake pressure bleeders - 01/07/23 07:19 AM

So I need some recommendations for a brake pressure bleeder.

Getting these six caliper systems bled with the gauges, linelocs and crap are a pain. Plus I'm tired of trying to find help in the middle of the night when I'm usually doing this. And I don't want to make a hog mess in the process.

Leaning towards a hand pump style for the simplicity and low cost, but if the compressed air style is that much better, I might go that way. Aluminum Mopar MCs are all I need for it to fit. Don't mess with much else.

Atech has the Motive #0113 with the Mopar adapters. Any reviews? Junk or 5 stars?

Posted By: tex013

Re: Brake pressure bleeders - 01/07/23 08:12 AM

I use a hand pump vacuum bleeder , holds about 4l of fluid . Pulls out @ bleeders . Can also attach to shop air . I prefer not to use shop air as quieter .
If i want to reverse bleed i use a 600ml coke bottle , hose out of lid to caliper , hole for air blower in and use zip tie to only have low pressure in .
Hand vacuum pump is plenty strong to also pull diff gearbox engine or trans oil

Tex
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Brake pressure bleeders - 01/07/23 11:17 AM

They work well, but if something goes wrong with your seal to the master cylinder then they make a big huge mess. I have a 9 year old kid that I currently use for brake bleeding lol.

Those fluid extractors usually have an attachment for a bleeder. I have my Dad's over here at my house and I have found a few different uses for it, but I haven't needed to bleed any brakes yet.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BFL3KJK...Y2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Brake pressure bleeders - 01/07/23 06:16 PM

Have been using vacuum bleeders for years. Work especially well on racecars with master mounted lower than the calipers. Quick, simple and easy. I have even used the ones from hobo freight in a pinch and never had an issue. I have an OTC but threw a hobo freight one in the trailer just in case
Posted By: dragon

Re: Brake pressure bleeders - 01/07/23 06:21 PM

Have you checked into speed bleeder I have not used them my self but the people I talk to have and love them has any one on here used them??.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Brake pressure bleeders - 01/07/23 08:37 PM

i have used those cheepy one way valves any parts store have, immersed in a container of new brake fluid [of your choice].
before i put the hose on the bleeders, i wrap some teflon tape on the screw threads, and this seems to keep any air from entering the system.
gravity bleeding works sometimes as well.
a couple of years back, i bought one of those fancy aluminum hand vacuum brake pumps with all the attachments, [like my one buddy has] but i haven't had a need to try it out.
one thing i can say, if using one of those fancy pumps, my buddy says to flush out whatever metal part[s] comes in contact with dot 3 or 4 fluid, with alcohol. if you don't, the parts seem to corrode, because the aluminum [and anodizing] used seems to be of a really cheap grade. they work good otherwise.
beer
Posted By: varunner

Re: Brake pressure bleeders - 01/07/23 09:15 PM

I've got a motive pressure bleeder. It's the best that I've used. make sure it comes with the blank M/C cap, the stock cap will leak.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Brake pressure bleeders - 01/08/23 04:44 AM

I use the pressurized hand pump unit and it works very well with little mess.

https://www.amazon.com/Mityvac-MV68...p;hvtargid=pla-4584413735697911&th=1

Gus beer
Posted By: CJD AUTOMOTIVE

Re: Brake pressure bleeders - 01/09/23 02:46 PM

I use the Motive. It works good on everything but SRT Brembo's that like to hold air in weird pockets. Still use the Motive, but have to tap the calipers with a soft faced dead blow to get the air out. They sell aluminum caps separately. Buy those as the plastic ones that come with it suck to seal.
© 2024 Moparts Forums