who owns this cuda - 12/20/22 05:08 PM

up

Attached picture PRI-Show-2022-281-Chad-Reynolds.JPG
Posted By: justinp61

Re: who owns this cuda - 12/20/22 05:46 PM

I don't know, but I like it!
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: who owns this cuda - 12/20/22 06:23 PM

Is that the one they call the SR-71 blackfish? The "build page" has been posted all over facebook.
Posted By: johnnycuda

Re: who owns this cuda - 12/20/22 07:51 PM

That is BADAZZ!!
Posted By: Dragula

Re: who owns this cuda - 12/20/22 08:13 PM

https://www.holley.com/blog/post/sr-71_blackfish_this_1973_cuda_pays_tribute_to_the_aviation_legend/

Attached picture pri22_blackfish-cuda-9.jpg
Posted By: mopar_mark

Re: who owns this cuda - 12/21/22 01:26 AM

It looks great, nice build., then again I’m biased towards Cuda’s 😋
Posted By: Thelma133

Re: who owns this cuda - 12/21/22 07:35 AM

Read the book skunkworks. Noooo comparison to an SR-71.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: who owns this cuda - 12/21/22 08:33 AM

My wife's uncle, an aeronautical engineer, work for Lockheed during the development of the U2 and the A12 which later became the SR71.
He didn't say much about any of the projects he worked on their, he did mention fbeing flown from Burbank Airport up to Air Force Plant 42 and then later the same day being flown over to Groom Lake, AKA area 51.
I've stood and looked at the Lockheed's house bird SR71 stored in a Hanger at Edwards Air Force base several times when they would have an open house, Man I love that plane bow up
I've saw it being flown once, it was way up high in SO CA over Edwards AFB probably near 30,000 FT, I could barely see it with my set of 50x7.50 Binoculars, it was hauling the mail bow
Posted By: Dart 500

Re: who owns this cuda - 12/21/22 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
My wife's uncle, an aeronautical engineer, work for Lockheed during the development of the U2 and the A12 which later became the SR71.
He didn't say much about any of the projects he worked on their, he did mention fbeing flown from Burbank Airport up to Air Force Plant 42 and then later the same day being flown over to Groom Lake, AKA area 51.
I've stood and looked at the Lockheed's house bird SR71 stored in a Hanger at Edwards Air Force base several times when they would have an open house, Man I love that plane bow up
I've saw it being flown once, it was way up high in SO CA over Edwards AFB probably near 30,000 FT, I could barely see it with my set of 50x7.50 Binoculars, it was hauling the mail bow

Jim Goodall fully restored one (SR-71) and got it back into flying condition, they had to raise a ton of cash, find parts, it took them years. Then some gov't d-bag ordered it to be taken from them and put on a post in front of the CIA building where it now rots. Real nice huh...
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: who owns this cuda - 12/21/22 02:33 PM

Nice build, but man. I hate the glory holes through the fenders like everyone does today.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: who owns this cuda - 12/21/22 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by 6PKRTSE
Nice build, but man. I hate the glory holes through the fenders like everyone does today.

iagree That, the shaved door handles, and the ridiculous wing on the back. Just not my thing at all, but I didn't write the checks for it so...
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: who owns this cuda - 12/21/22 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda

iagree That, the shaved door handles, and the ridiculous wing on the back. Just not my thing at all, but I didn't write the checks for it so...

The door are probably glass or carbon and will probably get the window latch door handle releases. I agree on the wing. I won't ever add one to any of my cars. Now with everything 1/8 mile these days at most tracks cars don't really need them. Not at speed long enough to matter.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: who owns this cuda - 12/21/22 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Thelma133

I'm looking at the car and trying to figure out how it is a tribute ... is it because it's painted flat black ????
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: who owns this cuda - 12/21/22 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by JohnRR
Originally Posted by Thelma133

I'm looking at the car and trying to figure out how it is a tribute ... is it because it's painted flat black ????

I wondered the same thing!
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: who owns this cuda - 12/21/22 06:43 PM

Geoff Turk beat him to the punch..........
Posted By: mopar_mark

Re: who owns this cuda - 12/23/22 12:45 AM

Fender exit is also not my choice location either. More work, but happy how mine exit through the sill.

I agree on the wing. I won't ever add one to any of my cars. Now with everything 1/8 mile these days at most tracks cars don't really need them. Not at speed long enough to matter.

My rear wing definitely adds stability, my nearest track is 1/4 mile only, I say nearest we only have two in the country 😋
[Linked Image]
Posted By: racerx

Re: who owns this cuda - 12/23/22 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by mopar_mark

Fender exit is also not my choice location either. More work, but happy how mine exit through the sill.

I agree on the wing. I won't ever add one to any of my cars. Now with everything 1/8 mile these days at most tracks cars don't really need them. Not at speed long enough to matter.

My rear wing definitely adds stability, my nearest track is 1/4 mile only, I say nearest we only have two in the country 😋
[Linked Image]

Nice A$$ cuda thumbs
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: who owns this cuda - 12/23/22 05:30 PM

Marks Cuda is over the top for sure. AS for the one posted about not sure but they have had a facebook page for it for years. .
Posted By: Tig

Re: who owns this cuda - 12/23/22 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by racerx
Originally Posted by mopar_mark

[Linked Image]

Nice A$$ cuda thumbs

Marks 'Cuda is an absolute engineering masterpiece. He drives it regularly on the street and runs it in a street legal class. It's from the UK, not Australia BTW, (I've seen that stated on other forums grin )
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: who owns this cuda - 12/23/22 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by theraif
up

That looks like Brett Voelkel standing by the front of the car looking under the hood. I wonder if he has anything to do with it?
Posted By: 68hemiss

Re: who owns this cuda - 12/29/22 03:11 AM

A local guy here in WI owns this Barracuda.
I don't think it has turned a wheel yet under it's own power but it looks like he is getting closer.
© 2024 Moparts Forums